Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• KnightofTara
    Original poster 13 posts

I am really enjoying the new River Raids mode so far but I feel we really need more incentive to do them. After only one week, I have run out of reasons and rewards to go raiding.

Here are some ideas: let us buy items from Vagn with these supplies like Ingots and Titanium. I need a lot more of these things (especially Titanium) to upgrade all my gear fully.

Also, you could put shop items in Vagn's shop in a similar way Reda has. For like 1000 supplies or something like that.

Once again, I like the river raids and want to them more and in more locations. Just give us a reason to do so please.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• OlmerGrey
    63 posts
    Also, you could put shop items in Vagn's shop in a similar way Reda has. For like 1000 supplies or something like that.

Wow... a bet Ubisoft would consider this offer as an attempt to rob a Helix store, lol. 😁
    I mean, people would grind their way thru all those raids with the speed of light then, since "foreign supplies" are unlimited, in contrast to opals which are available only in quantities of 10 per day + additional 20 per week... and some extra more for challenge... but you know, they are still limited.

• davidtsmith333
    44 posts

"Also, you could put shop items in Vagn's shop in a similar way Reda has. For like 1000 supplies or something like that."

This gets a thumbs up from me.

• thegardener25
    145 posts

There was another thread on here last week, which suggested exchanging 'Foreign Supplies for Silver'. I started writing a response, I didn't complete my post, so I parked it with the intention of coming back to it, & for some reason, the little red post icon at the bottom right of my screen just disappeared? So I'll start again. This thread was created in February when Reda only had 3 weekly items + 1 daily item for sale. It's been increased to 6 weekly items + the dailies. Although the dailies are usually settlement cosmetics, but over the 7 days, there's usually at least 1 weapon or armour piece up there. So I don't see Vagn offering Helix store items now! And I doubt if they would give up store items for 1000 FS (maybe a tattoo or something small).

Doing the daily & weekly Reda challenges + the weekly UbiConnect challenges nets a max 120 opals per week. So a piece of armour at Reda's this week costs 120 opals (although I'm sure they only cost 100 opals before the update last week, I may be wrong though?). In AC Odyssey, we got 10 orichalcum per daily quest & 40 ori for each of the 2 weeklies, bringing in 150 ori per week. Then if you top the merc table, you got an extra 10 percent, so a total of 165 ori pw! It made it easier for players to build up a stash of currency, so we could buy gear pieces when they arrived at Sargon's. But in Valhalla, we have to literally ignore what's for sale for a number of weeks in order to have a stockpile of opals to work from.

If the dev's want to make RR replayable, unless the artists have designed at least half a dozen gear sets to hide around the maps, then let us trade Foreign supplies for Opal to make collecting viable. I don't expect them to throw opals around like confetti, but how about:

1200 FS in exchange for 10 opal
    4800 FS - 50 opal
    8,000 FS - 100 opal
    12,000 FS - 200 opal

This probably seems like a lot of work for little reward. But at least it would be something players had a bit of control over our chances of getting a piece of armour to help complete a set. Don't get me wrong. There's nothing in the Helix store that I have identified as an item, or set that I actually want, or need to get! I'm just talking about something to collect, for the sake of collecting. I got the winged horse from Reda the 1st time it appeared for sale, & I have to say that it was the only thing for sale that I'm glad i got. Just cut your losses & give players a chance to acquire the gear that shows up at Reda each week. Because if you dangle that in front of us without the means to buy it will not make me reach for my wallet. Your gear can stay in the store!

Edit: BTW I should add that I was pished by the time I finished this post, so I apologise in advance, because I'll probably be out for the count before anybody reads it.

• Polyedra
    84 posts

so i think that these ideas are sound. i want titanium and materials. The river chests give some materials but i need moar. imo, river raids should, and r (rn), best for silver.. but it should be best gear progression overall i think. u should go raiding for a bit when questing is too hard, for example. or, for me, i go raiding only to not level and instead grow my gear. i skip all that rn doe, and cheat instead, but i really would like something interesting for river raids.
    how about: I get weapon and armor runes for foreign supplies. I can buy that. Random selection, ofc. And expensive af. But i can. Cuz rn, game broken for me cuz i can't get runes to try out builds. And the way i wana run the game is: I get "right" build and run it from start to end. Then I find new "right" build and do it all over again. I want do this from lvl 1, ideally, looking for runes etc.
    let me just stray off-topic here and butt in with: how about a valhalla randomizer? skip the story parts, largely, and put me in settlement at level 1 with thrall gear. see how i do. random drops everywhere and random level on all areas, random locations for all itamz. that possible?
    anyway, good suggestion; i + this.

Suggested Topics