Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• CodeAirBR
    9 posts

@thefrozencreed Same, if it's not fixed by next week I won't play it again

• Malisef
    10 posts

@kokmetsandwich7 welcome to the quill club. There is a thread for this but it has not made it to the mega thread. I actually think its bigger than the specific quests as the common threads are Unable to progress because of an inability to interact with an npc or object to progress. I think there quest tracking system is the overall problem. An abandon quest option would fix alot of problems and we can assume since Anvil has been the engine for AC pretty much from the beginning that there should be a way to introduce that system back into the game.

• Malisef
    10 posts

So I got this from support last night.

Ubi-Conqueror @Ubisoft Support wrote:03/12/2020 @ 10:25 Hello Malisef,

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support regarding the glitch you experienced in Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Please be informed that the game team have been made aware of the reported issue, and they are currently looking into it. Please keep an eye on our official website and forum for future news and updates of the game:
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-au/game/assassins-creed/valhalla
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/category/25/assassin-s-creed?lang=en-US

We wish you well in your future gaming endeavours.

Best regards,
    Ubi-Conqueror
    Ubisoft Support You wrote:27/11/2020 @ 06:33 There is a bug in Assasins Creed Valhalla for multiple users on multiple platforms raised in the forums but has not been acknowledged by anyone at ubisoft. The issue is game breaking unable to progress the quest. Plucking the Quill. It occurs when you get to the part of the quest where you are talking to the girl and the soldiers come after which you are given a dialogue option including a charisma option. When selecting the charisma option the soldiers leave and the quest updates to tell you to speak to the girl. Except you can't she has no interaction option. I am on xbox but if you look up the plucking the quill bug in the forums you will see it is becoming a common one late in the game.

Here's hoping.

• CodeAirBR
    9 posts

@malisef Thanks. Let's see how long it will take them to fix it

• CodeAirBR
    9 posts

@el_californio__ Hey, we have this thread here https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/81903/cannot-progress-plucking-the-quill/
    Like you I have more than 100 hours and I am stuck too

• Picky_nicky
    1 posts

Missione eliminare il calamo, winchester.
    Impossibile proseguire la storia, non si riesce a parlare con la ragazzina dopo averla difesa da due adulti

• fuzzylumkin
    1 posts

I reloaded to right when the kids set fire on an autosave, then saved manually, then when I got to the section where shes talking to the guards, I just paid them off instead of killing them, and was able to get through it.

• TheFrozenCreed
    Original poster 9 posts

@fuzzylumkin this doesnt work for people who dont have access to an autosave prior

• TobbeH82
    1 posts

@kokmetsandwich7
    I have the sme problem.. I finished the game once and it worked with my male eivor. Bit now i collected all mysteries, valuable and artifacts and stuck on plucking the quill on female eivor. She just stand there and cant talk with the girl. Really frustrating.

• WOOD_GUNS7
    1 posts

@menslegis Im having exactly the same problem, hope it gets fixed soon!!! Please...

• citizen4zw
    4 posts

Same bug here, no way i am loading the next save i have (5 hours ago).

this is absurd.

• b.akin90
    2 posts

Hello I cannot progress with AC Valhalla,
    Im stuck with ‘ plucking the quill’,
    i need to speak with the girl, but there is no interaction possible and no tracking on the map. My game and ps4 have the latest updates, reloading or loading earlier saves doesn’t help.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

@b-akin90 Hello there! Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear you're encountering issues with 'Plucking the Quill'. I'd like to have a closer look at the issue you're speaking about - can you perhaps provide me with a quick clip showing this issue occurring?

Official Response
  • CodeAirBR
    9 posts

@ubiwan A lot of people are stuck with this bug including me
    It happens when you choose the charisma option then the girl have no interaction.
    We also have a thread about that in this forum and its quite old
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/81903/cannot-progress-plucking-the-quill

• shadowofajoke1
    6 posts

@menslegis are you following the same girl or the new girl? If you are where I think you are There are two girls.

• mikeshake04
    1 posts

I had the same issue and just fixed mine. Go to the load screen, there should be an “Exclusive quest save” for the quest. I reloaded that, found the girl by the dock and chose the fight option. I was able to talk to her and finish the quest after that. Hope this helps

• kairockz
    9 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • FlamingD0nk3y
    2 posts

I can’t talk to the girl. I have seen some people saying to reload an earlier save before but I have played 10 hours more before trying to do the mission and realising it is glitched.

• D3VASTAT0r02
    1 posts

In wichestre, during the quest plucking the quill, my objective is to speak to the girl. But the objective marker is nowhere to be seen on the map and the npc I’m supposed to interact with doesn’t have an option to speak.
    please help!! Just because of this one quest I’m not able to progress!!

• PlainCool
    1 posts

I'd like to second this issue. After choosing the charisma option the quest tells to 'Speak with the girl' however there is no option to do it. I'm 100 hours in and the previous save is available only 5 hours ago. I'm not throwing 5 hours of gameplay away.

It's very frustrating because this issue has been first highlighted in the beginning of November in the forums and the following 2 patches did not fix the bug.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics