Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• PGSimmons
    5 posts

I got the twist and turns quest but Birstan led me to the boar hunt location but just stands there and the hunt does not get triggered. Left Essex now till a fix is put in. Frustrating!

• BobbyV7878
    1 posts

@thepainwhale

I'm having the same problem.

• During Twist and Turns, I follow Birstan to hunt boars, but he does nothing. No dialogue and he does not move. The dog stays still too. There is no prompt and the instruction is stuck at Follow Birstan.
    • I don't if it's a bug, but Eivor is always drunk when I first start the game.

• guest-93IaYcaJ
    5 posts

Can't complete Twists and Turns, I kill all the boars and then nothing happens

• manudaa99
    1 posts

FIX: Not the best solution, but it worked for me.
    I found two ways to solve this.

A) Shoot him with your hunter bow or predator bow towards the boars. Eventually the task will update.

B) Push him with your horse towards the boars and the task automatically updates it self once close enough.

Its a little bit annoying, took me like 5 minutes but it works!

• Elmariachipants
    1 posts

I am stuck on TWISTS AND TURNS" birstan hasnt arrived" in colcester. He is there but he doesn't follow me he just wanders a bit when I kill soldiers. He seems to go towards the cages with Danes. If anybody has a solution to try please let me know. My other saves are way back but I might have to do it all over again. This sucks.

• guest-93IaYcaJ
    5 posts

Can't progress in this mission, what gives ? This is the first game I have ever played with the number of bugs, either fix the game or provide a refund

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 217 posts

@guest-93iaycaj Hello, and welcome to the forums! I'm sorry you're unable to progress in the "Twists and Turns" quest. We have received similar reports and the team is currently investigating. Can you let us know what is preventing you to progress in the quest in case it is different from the issue already under investigation? Thank you!

Official Response
  • guest-93IaYcaJ
    5 posts

Yes, you follow Bristan to the Hogs and he doesn't do anything after you kill the hogs. I have saved and restarted, I have killed over 6 hogs, nothing happens, he just stands there and the dog doesn't do anything either.

• saucy__aussie
    1 posts

Hi I have a problem with the Twists and Turns storyline. It has me follow birstan and kill boars for the feast. What happened was I went ahead of birstan because I was impatient and killed the boar but it didn’t trigger the next objective and now the objective says to follow birstan but he isn’t moving and won’t go anywhere. I’ve tried bumping him with my horse to get closer to the boar pit but it doesn’t seem to help. I’ve killed all of the boars too and that doesn’t work. I’ve even pledged to other arcs in the game and come back but he is in the same place I left him. This is the last storyline I need and I can’t complete the game because of this bug and it is extremely frustrating. 

• maximixmaximix
    2 posts

+1 I faced the same bug and I cannot progress further in the game. Ubi please fix it.
    Waited for the latest update to continue playing but the patch doesn't contain fix for this particular issue.
    I already finished with all other provinces, but I like the game and want to finish it.

Birstan and his stupid dog are stuck near the swamps, and they are just standing there doing nothing. I tried to push him to the middle of the swamp and than back to his dog(stupid), he killed a few boars but progress bar for killing boars didn't appear.

I think in my case the thing that broke the quest was the npc patrol that spawned on the road near the swamp. Birstan started fighting with them and that could have broke the behavior tree.

• HIJ4CK97
    2 posts

Essexe quest "Twists and Turns" is glitched. Instruction is to follow Birstan but he is not moving so I cannot go further.

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@saucy__aussie Hello! My apologies for the inconvenience or annoyance that this may have caused you. Are you able to grab a video of this happening in-game? I would be more than happy to forward it to the team for you!

Official Response
  • PGSimmons
    5 posts

In Twists and Turns I followed Birstan to the boar location but he just stands there. The hunt does not begin and I can’t get him to move or do anything with the task remaining as Follow Birstan”. I’ve switched to other quests and returned and it’s the same meaning I cannot complete the quest. Very frustrating.

• Aztecmark
    2 posts

i cannot "follow birstan" he refuses to move. It is pretty annoying that I cannot complete this quest. What am I supposed to do? It is the point where I am supposed to kill boars.

• Aztecmark
    2 posts

@pgsimmons I am dealing with the same issue. Did this get fixed?

• JeremyML5
    1 posts

@aztecmark doesn’t work for me either. I’ve killed the boars but Bristian just stands there.

• kygallant2012
    4 posts

i'm literally having the same issue on xbox. the [censored] is just standing there

• kygallant2012
    4 posts

absolutely sick to my back teeth with this ubisoft glitches and bugs all the way through valhalla if i know it was going to be this bad i wouldont of wasted this money, how about some help here, cant follow birstan as he just stands there on the boar hunt, cant finish essex, to get another mission with sigurd to get the long gunhirr spear, completed every mission only essex left but stuck there, literally can not complete the game because of this. give me a refund or fix the fricken bug. on xbox one, apparently people are having this problems on playstation too

• BaconMacGowan
    4 posts

So when the mission tells me to "follow" Birstan, HE starts following me. I was luckily able to finish the "Unconventional" quests, but now I'm stuck on "Twists and Turns" and have no idea where I am supposed to go to hunt for boar. The place where the dialogue line "This is a good place to hunt some boar" is near a field of wheat, with not a boar in sight.

Additionally, while Birstan is following Eivor's movement is severely hampered, to the point of needing to try and sprint everywhere just to make some headway.

• docovic
    2 posts

I'm stuck at a gamebreaking glitch / bug... Twists & Turns in Essex. Birstan just stands there and does nothing at the boar pit. Have tried pushing him around, leaving the animus, going to Asgard, standing still beside him... Literally cannot progress any further in the game because of this glitch / bug. Seems that others are having the same issue and latest update does not address. Help!!!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics