Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Bosn1
    2 posts

Twist and Turns-Follow Birstan

I was hoping with the latest patch this would be fixed as well. I have finished almost everything I have to do, even most of the looting and puzzles. I can not move on til the Essex Arc is finished. Anyone else still having issues with Birstan, he just sits in the middle of the Forrest, I also pushed him to the middle of the marsh and nothing. He will attack the boars but the quest doesn’t activate and his dog just chills far away. Would like to finish the game as I have 160+hours wrapped up in this game and really can’t go any further.

Glad I’ve seen this complaint since Nov and Ubisoft hasn’t fixed it. Can’t restart the quest so now I’m just waiting. I started the quest a long time ago hoping it would get patched on the last 2. So starting game over is not really an option. Any suggestions.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

Following the announcement of TU 1.2.0, I would like to reach out to you all with an update. The issue wherein Birstan becomes stuck in Twists and Turns is due to be resolved with this update.

This update is due to be deployed 16 March, 2021 at 1PM CET/8AM EDT. You can read the patch notes and learn more here.

If the issue still persists for you following the deployment of TU 1.2.0, please can you provide us with a video that shows the following:

• You have TU 1.2.0 installed. You can check this in the title menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • Birstan remains stuck and doesn't move to proceed the quest.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • HIJ4CK97
    2 posts

Twists and turns quest is bugged. Stuck at the part where it says follow Birstain but he will not move anywhere, so can't complete this story arc. It is also not letting me progress the story as a whole any further.

• docovic
    2 posts

@bosn1 exactly the same for me... It’s so disappointing.

• AmbitiosComet
    2 posts

I've completed just about every quest but can't progress in essex, follow Bristan. He just stands there? Earlier saves deleted for space and already past it several hours, like imagine I have nothing else to do but wait for Bristan to move his [censored]. Tried jumping in and out of animus and pushing him into quest zone. Also loitering several hrs as suggested by sn earlier post. If this isn't fixed will I be refunded? I'm 45. I don't need the stress

• kygallant2012
    4 posts

still having an issue.............

• PGSimmons
    5 posts

@docovic Same here! It’s my last area to complete and I’m not willing to start all over again... hope they fix this soon 😡

• bluezen99
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

I've merged together several similar threads about being unable to proceed in "Twists and Turns" into a single megathread. I apologise if this has disrupted any ongoing discussions. By creating a single thread, this allows us to keep all information and updates regarding an investigation in one place.

I've read through all of your posts, and it looks like there are two main issues encountered during this quest:

• Birstan does not follow you when prompted to hunt boars
    • Birstan does not appear at the house when you're meeting with Alfrida, bur appears stuck in some bushes.

The development team are currently investigating the issue wherein Birstan gets stuck in the bushes when meeting Alfrida. I'd like to collect more information about both situations so we can pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

If you have been affected by either of these issues, please can you provide us with the following information:

• Which issue have you encountered in "Twists and Turns?"
    • What steps have you tried to bypass this (such as fast-travelling away, loading an earlier save etc)?
    • If possible, are you able to try loading an earlier save to see if this allows you to complete the quest?
    • Please could you send us a video that shows Birstan not acting correctly in-game? You can upload a video to a sharing platform (such as YouTube or Google Drive) and post a link within this thread.

We can then forward these reports to the development team for a closer look.

If you've encountered a different issue whilst playing through "Twists and Turns," please can you let us know in this thread so we can investigate this further?

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • W4RBOI
    4 posts

@mrwarlord57 I have the same issue. Been stuck there since the game was released!!!!!!!

• W4RBOI
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis already did this 3 months ago

• W4RBOI
    4 posts
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @W4RBOI!

Thanks for taking the time to share a video with us! Would you be able to provide the additional information I requested in my earlier post? We can then add this on to your report and pass it along to the development team.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • W4RBOI
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis Birstan does not follow on the boar hunt. Past saves were overwritten moved to a different quest. Nothing works after 2 recent updates. Should get DLC for free, cannot complete game since Turkey month.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for letting me know that additional information, @W4RBOI. I've included this in your report and passed it along to the development team so they can take a closer look.

Once we have any more information to share, we will provide an update within this thread or in our "News & Announcements" forum, so please keep an eye out in these locations.

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • MoodyLark
    2 posts

I cannot get the guy to follow me in the twists and turns quest

• MoodyLark
    2 posts

The guy won't follow me in the twists and turns quest.

• InsideBoss
    3 posts

@rivalkobra Can you share the location of the NPC please?

• InsideBoss
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • InsideBoss
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you because I have completed all the locations except essex because of this bug and cannot progress. I am at the point of following Birstan just like @W4RBOI and have tried everything @W4RBOI has tried. I am to follow Birstan but he does not move. One thing I will add to this issue, I read in another article there is supposed to be a progression line for the Boar kills. I never had that progression line. Follow Birstan appeared after I killed a boar that was attacking.

Thank you again for your help in resolving this.

• AmbitiosComet
    2 posts

Cannot proceed with follow birstan. Just stands there. Hunt 5 boars bar won't trigger even when getting him in hunt zone. Reinstalling didn't work, exit stimulus didn't work and jumping in and out of arc also didn't work. All areas completed and items collected except essex main story! Fix or give us money back! I'm we all on the consumer end that paid top dollar for it deserve a working product. My case after 240 hrs. Please respond before someone starts a class action on selling broken games 😉

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics