Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• tatsonthistown7
    6 posts

follow birstan is bugged there is no bar for killing the boars cant progress

• Edgar2232
    1 posts

I'm am playing quest twist and turns and I killed the boars and now I'm at where it says Follow Birstan. And nothing happens I want to continue on main quest game play but thats as far as it goes I have ended application started from last save right before we killed the boars and same thing my last save before that was long time ago I'm not trying to do all that again I did saved video how do I send it please help ASAP

• Rivalkobra
    Original poster 9 posts

@tatsonthistown7 no, but if you look in the Bugs Megathread, they are aware of the issues and seem to have found a fix. Just waiting for it to be patched now, no idea when that will be though!

• Bierfeest1996
    3 posts

When they gonna fix the bug in the mission twists and turns in essexe
    you must follow birstan to a open field en when you a near the field he does nothing anymore

now i cant move on with the game (PS4)

• guest-93IaYcaJ
    5 posts

I'm at the level where I follow Bristan to kill Wild Boars, We get to the area but I never get the game to track the number of boars I kill. I'm using a PS4 and the game does not progress no matter how many boars I kill

• guest-93IaYcaJ
    5 posts

@christiebecool I'm stuck at the same point, sucks

• tatsonthistown7
    6 posts

@adriensterne same problem no fixes that I know of

• ontario318
    2 posts

So I ran into this glitch for the Twists and Turns quest (during the Essexe arc), and I have no idea how to get around it. It happens after you kill the boars with Birstan, and have to go back to see him and Alfrida. I reached their house before Birstan got there, and read that I was supposed to wait just a minute for him to show up. He didn't, and the teal quest marker got moved to somewhere outside of the house. I left to go find it, and it's Birstan just standing in the middle of some bushes.

He won't move and nothing I can do will fix it. I've tried restarting, fast traveling and coming back, nothing will work. He just stands in the bushes and the quest can't continue until he's inside the house. I tried to go back to the earliest autosave I had during this quest but it was too late and he was already in the bushes. The save I have before that is before I even started the Essexe arc, so I don't really want to pursue that.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@ontario318 Thanks for reporting this bug you've encountered in "Twists and Turns" and for attempting to troubleshoot this issue. I completely understand not wanting to redo the entire Essexe Arc, so no worries about that. Do you have any short video clips that you could share with me here that showcase this quest not progressing due to the cutscene not being triggered after heading back to Colcestre?

Official Response
  • ontario318
    2 posts

@ubiexcellent
    I don't have any videos, but there isn't really much to see. Birstan just stands there and the quest marker stays with him. Sometimes he'll walk like a foot away but that's it.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@ontario318 Thanks for getting back to me! I've reported this issue to the appropriate teams, but if you are able to upload your save files to a support ticket, and or provide a short video clip showing this error occurring, that would still be great to have!

Official Response
  • tiburon623
    1 posts

I can’t progress in twists and turns quest. It says to follow bristan but he stopped and won’t move. His dog is a further up. We almost made it to the boars. I tried reloading and resetting the PS 4 but nothing works.

• PGSimmons
    5 posts

@adriensterne

Same issue here... the dog or he just stand there with the quest saying “Follow Birstan”. We moved to the location when we were attacked by a boar but no Boar hunting bar appeared and nothing now seems to affect him. I’ve moved onto another area whilst a fix comes... quite frustrating.

• HendoNendo
    2 posts

@adriensterne I have the exact same problem. He’s actually been glitched the entirety of the Essexe Arc for me, he just constantly follows me around.

Luckily (not lucky), I had previously completed this arc until my game glitched and didn’t save anything so I already knew where to go for each part of the story line.

However, upon the part where we have to hunt boar nothing is actuated, there’s no prompt/bar to kill the 5 boar even after arriving at the hunting spot.

Super annoyed because this is the last region arc of the story that I have to complete and I’m stuck with Birstan just following me around.

UBISOFT PLEASE FIX!!

• HendoNendo
    2 posts

@hendonendo

UPDATE:

Birstan literally follows me around the entire map now. I’m working on tracking down an Order member in Ledecestrescire and Birstan just appeared out of no where.

He’s a bit far from home!

• guest-0SIwtEiH
    1 posts

I have encountered a bug, which says to follow Birstan. We are in the area of where the boars are but nothing else.. he just stands there. I have checked back with this quest multiple times with no changes. It is the last alliance i need to complete.

• ThePainWhale
    1 posts

Birstan made it to the boar hunting area, but the quest still tells me to follow him, and there's no option for interacting with him.
    I've tried pushing him to where he is supposed to tell you to kill boars, I've tried getting desynced by him, I've tried saving/loading, I've tried switching the difficulty, I've tried doing a different quest and coming back, Hell, I've even tried loading the game up on stadia to see if that might fix it. I'm stuck here, please help.

• massimo_z
    2 posts

I am unable to complete the pledge to Essexe. 

I am on the Twists and Turns quest and it tells me to follow Birstan (to hung wild boar). I am stood next to Birstan but he does not move and I am unable to interact with him. 

Without doing this I am unable to finish the game. 

Please tell me how to resolve this as I moved on and pledged everywhere else.

I am nearly 70 hours into the game.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@massimo_z Not sure if this will help you but have you tried killing the Boars and then returning to him?

• massimo_z
    2 posts

@VanadiumCobalt

Yes I have tried that. I have even enticed the boars over to Birstan.

Once the boars start to attack me he shoots them with arrows but as soon as they die he just stands motionless again.

Suggested Topics