Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Nichollr2
    Original poster 1 posts

Everytime i try to scroll down to upgrade different gear at the blacksmith. It automatically scrolls back to the top before i have a chance to upgrade what i want to.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2111 posts

Hello there @Nichollr2! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to report this. I'm sorry to hear you've encountered an issue when trying to upgrade your gear. If possible, would you be able to provide a video that shows this happening in-game? We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Valhalla2015
    73 posts

I’m getting the same error. I have a video, but it won’t let me attach it to this post.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 586 posts

@valhalla2015 I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Could you please upload the video to YouTube then provide the URL link.

Can you also confirm the following:

• Do you have the latest update installed?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • Does this happen every time you visit the blacksmith?
    • Which platform are you playing on?
    • Have you tried a different controller?

Official Response
  • ImaginaryRuins
    379 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Valhalla2015
    73 posts

@ubi-keo Thank you for following up!

• Do you have the latest update installed? Yes. I am up-to-date.
    • When did you start experiencing this issue? Sunday 3/21
    • Does this happen every time you visit the blacksmith? Yes, although I have not checked yet today. I will check later.
    • Which platform are you playing on? PlayStation 4
    • Have you tried a different controller? I see where you’re going with this, and you might be right. However... The armory is the only location where this happens.

• Valhalla2015
    73 posts

@ubi-keo I just checked on this in-game. My shut down last night appears to have fixed the issue. Thank you again!

• SpirantCrayon22
    242 posts

I have had this a lot. Sometimes it's worse than other times. Having the cursor off to the right used to help (ie, not over the squares for the items) but yesterday it didn't make any difference. Xbox One.

• Ubi-Keo

@valhalla2015 Thanks for the update. If you experience the issue again, please let us know.

@SpirantCrayon22 I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Could you please upload the video to YouTube then provide the URL link.

• Do you have the latest update installed?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • Does this happen every time you visit the blacksmith?
    • Have you tried a different controller?

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    242 posts

@ubi-keo

Thanks for commenting.

This does not occur on every visit, I just had a look and it was fine several times in a row. If it happens I'll try and remember to do a video but, to be honest, I'm not sure how it helps as it'll look just the same as the one already in the thread.

One point about it working right now is that there is nothing to upgrade, I have only gone to Gunnar when there has been something I wanted to upgrade and I saw it at those times. The last time I saw it was with the Berserker gear bug, where those items got reset one time when I reloaded after dying. It was a real pain then, it took a few goes before it let me scroll to the bottom of the list.

I've seen it with 1.1.2, 1.2.0 and 1.2.0.1 but I do not recall about 1.1.1 or exactly when it started. It seems to me it started at the point where I had picked up all possible in-game collectibles, I think the last one I got was Thor's Hammer.

I play the game on two different Xboxes with different controllers so it's not that kind of thing, no.

Thanks again.

• Ubi-Keo

@spirantcrayon22 You're welcome and thanks for the information provided.

The development team have not been able to reproduce this issue on the latest version of the game and we have not received any further reports. A video would show that the issue is still present on the latest version and the development team could investigate further.

Please update this thread and include a video if you experience this issue again.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    242 posts

@ubi-keo

I just had this problem again. I played up until about 23.51 yesterday evening on one of my Xbox One X systems. I just went to my Xbox One S and loaded the saved game I mentioned. As mentioned, 1.2.0.1 on both and (unsurprisingly) different controllers.

I went to Gunnar to test this and at first nothing but then I had this glitch several times in quick succession - and I remembered to do a video of it. Skip to about 1.15, there are a few of these events from there.

You'll also see it occur when the scrolling bit is at the top. That means it's not that it's scrolling down that causes the problem, not as such, it's that the screen just refreshes or something randomly, and that takes it back to the top.

Cheers

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hey @spirantcrayon22, thank you for responding to my colleague @Ubi-Keo. I sincerely apologise that our reply is only coming now, and not sooner.

If possible, can you please confirm for me if you're still experiencing this issue on TU 1.2.1? We will need a new video showing this if so, to confirm to the developers that the issue is unresolved.

If at all applicable to you since the issue started for you, it would be great if you could also confirm whether the issue persisted while you were completing the Glowecestrescire arc previously? spoiler

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    242 posts

@ubi-woofer

Thanks for the response. I think that I saw this behaviour while Gunnar was away, yes, but am not completely sure as it was quite a while ago now. It might even have been when I first started to see the problem but that's even less certain.

I rarely go to the blacksmith now but I'll try and remember, or if the Berserker gear loses its upgrades again then it's a prompt.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics