Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 5 Likes/476 Replies/12520 Views
    talmilivne
    15 posts

Well today i went in to check the after few days i havn't played. It was ok at the start and i thought thats it problem solved. But the the foliage problem came back!!! Like c'mon ubisoft do something!!

• Fenniboii
    2 posts

18 hours in and this problem started for me in Ledercesterscire. First noticed it on invisible ropes during an artifact collection. I’ve tried everything I can in this post with regards to rebooting, visual settings, earlier saves etc. I’m on PS5. What a bummer.

• filterdoesntjam
    9 posts

I am having this same issue. I've already opened a support ticket but I wanted to chime in here also so that I could follow this thread.

I'm the kind of person who is usually quite tolerant of bugs. I'll usually keep playing a game as long as a bug doesn't directly prevent me from progressing in the story. If a game crashes a lot I'll just save frequently and deal with it.

This bug however is just something I cannot deal with because it practically kills one of the cornerstones of any Assasin's Creed game which is stealth. Sure, stealth still works but when I can't see where the grass ends I'm constantly accidentally leaving grass and being spotted. Not to mention its really quite immersion breaking to be hiding in something that is invisible.

I really hope this is fixed soon so that I can start playing again. I didn't start experiencing this bug until around the 150 hour mark and I've been having a blast with the game till this point. I'm not super hopeful for a fix soon though seeing as this has apparently been an issue people have been experiencing since launch and it's still not fixed and based on the replies in this thread from ubisoft it seems that their team hasn't even been able to replicate this bug.

• Chill.Shot85
    3 posts

@ubi-mark
    Here's a couple videos I uploaded just tonight.

And yes, I did reinstall the entire game and also tried old save files!

I have a physical copy of the game also if that helps. Also, notice in Raven view, the foliage comes back.

• vishalr121
    2 posts

@Fenniboii 18 hours and in Leder....ire... same thing happened to me. @Ubi-Raziel what is going on ????

• Fenniboii
    2 posts
    18 hours in and this problem started for me in Ledercesterscire. First noticed it on invisible ropes during an artifact collection. I’ve tried everything I can in this post with regards to rebooting, visual settings, earlier saves etc. I’m on PS5. What a bummer.

I went back and checked my earliest save in Norway at 11hrs and it’s fine. But if I then try to load the newer save (in England) the problem reappears - and if I then load up the 11hr save it carries the problem with it there. Luckily if I quit and redo the HUD settings and default screen resizing, then load up the 11hr save it works.

So I guess I’ll just stay in Norway until trying England again. Maybe there will be a patch... please Ubisoft, this game is so great don’t let this ruin it. I’m playing on max difficulty everything and I won’t even care at all about that or any other trivial issue if I could just not have the vanishing.

Love,
    FB

• PBMCMLXXI
    20 posts

@filterdoesntjam strange how no one at ubisoft xan replocate it, yet many many users since november have. November for crying out loud, what do the game devs do all day, watch adult movies? Sure seems they are doing everything but fixing the issue. Instead of adult movies perhaps they should look at all the online videos showing how their botched coding is in the real world, and also perhaps read these forums to see how angry paying customers are for a game that technically can't be played, and certainly not enjoyed.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1746 posts

Thank you @chill-shot85 for your update! I can see that this issue has been reported and it's currently being investigated. Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know through the patch notes.

Additionally, I merged this thread with the megathread we have for better visibility 🙂

Official Response
  • talmilivne
    15 posts

So another day with no ac valhalla , what a bummer
    I love this series very much i just want this problem to end so i (and we) can play again.
    Waiting on a patch.

• cheat2winPT
    4 posts

Tried everything, nothing works. Had to give up and reload a save from early on and lose about 15 hours of game. 

C'mon Ubisoft, I never had any kind of bugs with your games. This is a real let down. 

• Anubis_AoD
    3 posts

@ubi-mark This bug has been going on since too much time, why isn't even listed on the common issues? Are we sure they have started working on it?

• talmilivne
    15 posts

C'mon ubisoft ,we know your games worth, show us you care and fix it plz

• JammyBeatle83
    3 posts

Still having my grass and any greenery disappear as im playing. Can anybody help me?

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Hi everyone. After checking on the team's on-going investigation for this error, I'm afraid no new information has been made available yet. I'm very sorry about this, because I can understand how frustrating this visual error is. Once we have any updates, we will post about them here.

Official Response
  • talmilivne
    15 posts

@UbiExcellent what they need to invastigate? They know the problem , there are plenty of videos here they can look it. Just explain so we can have better understanding

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@talmilivne Of course! There are a fair amount of steps that go into resolving an issue, such as finding how it starts, reproducing the issue, and then locating a way to address it. Depending on the bug, this could be difficult to do, so it may not always happen quickly. Thank you for waiting in the meantime while the teams continue the investigation process.

Official Response
  • guest-JzWRVwDh
    1 posts

@jammybeatle417
    I’m having the same problem. Most of greenery disappears. You figured anything out?

• filterdoesntjam
    9 posts

@ubiexcellent While this is a visual error, it is different from most visual errors as this bug actually has a major impact on gameplay. It's not just something that looks silly like most visual errors but it actually greatly hinders the ability to use stealth which is a huge part of Assasin's Creed.

• Spades1961
    35 posts

@ubiexcellent I have suffered a long time from this error, then it disappeared. For weeks. Now, as I was laying ambush with Fulke to soldiers approaching a merchant camp, the error reappeared. Loading a previous save game did not help, I'm stuck with the error again. So annoying, so frekking annoying!! Why is this not repaired after such a long time?

• PBMCMLXXI
    20 posts

@spades1961 I find it hard to believe this major bug was reported in November, and here we are April some 4+ months down the line with a majorly defective game. A shame I'm no longer on twitter, I'd be calling Ubisoft out and all the game reviewer who have ignored this. The game should not be sold at this time - customers should be offered a full refund - and allowed to continue with the game once (If) Ubisoft bother to fix it. Very frustrating.

Suggested Topics