Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Damienstarrs81
    5 posts

Hi ubisoft any word yet on a patch fix for old wounds i desperately want to finish this game. I have played and finished all the assassin's creed games. Please give us something even a date of when a new patch will sort out this mess. 12 months i have been waiting.

• TastyChip742323
    18 posts

@damienstarrs81 it’s crazy how they keep adding new stuff to the game but won’t fix such a small issue keeping many of us from
    finishing the main storyline

• Damienstarrs81
    5 posts

@tastychip742323 it doesn't make any sense the obviously dont care about fixing problems just creating more content so the can sell and make more money. Its just not right.

• funnyelephant4
    1 posts

Is there any word on this glitch I got ac Valhalla for Christmas and this really sucks the final enemy is stuck in the brothel and I cannot see him or kill him in anyway please fix this 😢

• MatthewMate31
    1 posts

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Rollo is stuck inside the brothel. I've tried the poison cloud range method by shooting the walls/door, but it doesn't seem to work. I've also tried shooting a piercing shot at him through the door, and that didn't work either.

I would hope for some kind of patch, but since this thread dates back to 2020...let's just say i'm not holding my breath...

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4636 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to share your reports regarding Rollo within "Old Wounds," and to share your feedback regarding the ongoing investigation. I'm sorry that this issue has impacted on your gaming experience, and is preventing your from progressing further with the story.

For clarity's sake, I'd like to provide more information regarding the ongoing investigations into "Old Wounds." If you cannot see the issue you're encountering in-game listed below, please don't hesitate to let us know so we can take a closer look.

• Unable to interact with Rollo at the brothel
      • Comments: The development team are still investigating this issue further. If you have been affected by this issue, please can you ensure that your save file has been uploaded to the Cloud. You can check this by looking for a cloud icon on your most recent save.
    • Guards become stuck in the brothel
      • Comments: The development team will be deploying a fix for this issue in a future update! We will share any news regarding an ETA within this thread once it is made available. Any future updates will also be shared via patch notes posted within the News & Announcements forum.

We have reached out to the development team to see if we can get any new information to share with you all from the ongoing investigations. Rest assured that once have any updates to share with you regarding "Old Wounds," we will post about this within this thread as soon as we are able to.

@Damienstarrs81 - Just to clarify, is the issue you're encountering that you can't enter the brothel to speak to Rollo? Or are you encountering a different issue with "Old Wounds?"

@funnyelephant4 - I'm sorry to hear that an enemy has become stuck in the brothel. Does this issue still persist in-game for you? If so, please be assured that a fix for this issue is due to be deployed in a future update! Once we have more details to share regarding an ETA, they will be posted within the forums, so please keep an eye out.

@MatthewMate31 - I'm sorry to hear that Rollo is stuck inside the brothel. Thanks for sharing what steps you have tried already. Would you be able to let us know the username you use on the platform you play Assassin's Creed Valhalla on? I was unable to find any history of you playing the game from the account you've contacted us on.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I apologise for the double post. I would like to reach out to you all with an update from the investigations into "Old Wounds." The investigation status of one of the issues has been updated! You can see the new investigation statuses below:

• Unable to interact with Rollo at the brothel
      • Comments: The development team will be deploying a fix for this issue in a future update! We will share any news regarding an ETA within this thread once it is made available. Any future updates will also be shared via patch notes posted within the News & Announcements forum.
    • Guards become stuck in the brothel

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Damienstarrs81
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis hi yes i cannot interact with rollo he is stuck inside the brothel

• SuPHaSuLLy
    12 posts

Well it’s official it’s been over a year since rollo has been stuck in the brothel with the guard and nothing pops up for the old wounds quest. Wonder if the game is worth the time to open it up.

• TastyChip742323
    18 posts

@ubi-borealis hey, for me Rollo is stuck inside the brothel and ofc I cannot interact with him. Is that the one you guys fixed??

• TastyChip742323
    18 posts

@suphasully I’m in the same boat brother, it’s been a year and I still haven’t been able to finish the main storyline

• SuPHaSuLLy
    12 posts

@tastychip742323

Theres Thor’s hammer and some armor and some achievements that come with it if beating the game was possible. The only thing that I can see is that it says old wounds on the top left for a quest and gives me no direction. I can’t help estrid escape nothing. So in March when ragnorrok comes out we should be getting it without purchase for the over a year long inconvenience. Just saying us and many others really taking the shaft here even after spending tons of money for something that can’t be completed.

• smac6816
    2 posts

I am also unable to progress in Old Wounds. When I pause the game and go to the quest menu and select the old wounds quest I am at the point where it says "help plan estrid escape." When I first did this sequence I went to the brothel and I believe I desynchronized and been stuck ever since. Now when I go back to the table where estrid is after the player talks to the ealdorman Estrid is just standing at the table and I cannot interact with her.

This really is quite appalling to me and huge failure on Ubisoft's part that a bug has persisted for over a year with no fix. Absolutely ridiculous. I just did an update after I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and there was no fix. @UbiKobold when is this going to be fixed? I want an answer, we all deserve an answer. What has this "development" team been doing for over a year?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to share your experiences with Rollo in "Old Wounds," and for sharing your feedback regarding the ongoing investigation into this issue.

As mentioned in my previous post, the development team will be deploying a fix for both known issues with the brothel (Unable to interact with Rollo and the guards becoming stuck) in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update is to be released. As soon as we have more definite information to share, we will let you know within this thread. Additionally, any future updates will also be posted within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes, so please keep an eye out for these as well.

@smac6816 - I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to interact with Estrid at the beginning of "Old Wounds." I can see that the development team investigated this issue further, and that a fix for interacting with Estrid was deployed in TU 1.2.2. I'm sorry to hear that this issue persists for you. Would you be able to share a video with us that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main menu.
    • That you are unable to interact with Estrid at the start of "Old Wounds."

I'd recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at. Additionally, please can you ensure that your affected save file has been uploaded to the Cloud? You can check this by looking for a cloud icon on your most recent save file.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • smac6816
    2 posts

@Ubi-Borealis the thing in the bottom right-hand corner of my title screen says "patch notes 1.4.1.2" Is that the most recent update, which succeeds TU 1.2.2? And about the start of Old Wounds...It's like I already started, died, and have to interact with Estrid again at the table in the marketplace, but it will not allow me to interact with her. Why has this taken over a year?

Suggested Topics