Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• nexxgen86
    1 posts

My problem was he was outside of the camps boundary’s and prevented the quest to start so i used a horse to push him back in and the quest started hope this helps

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4193 posts

Hello all!

I've merged together a few similar threads regarding issues within being unable to proceed in "Old Wounds" into a singular thread. I apologise if this has disrupted any ongoing discussion. Creating a single thread helps us to keep all the information and updates from an investigation in one place.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences of "Old Wounds" within the forums. From what I've read in the thread, it looks like there are two issues that prevent players from proceeding further

• Rollo won't follow Eivor into the camp, and will instead stand outside and cannot be interacted with.
    • Rollo cannot be interacted with whilst at the brothel.

The development team has been investigating reports of these instances further. At this moment in time, we have no new information to share with you all. Once we have any updates to share, these will be posted within our "News & Announcements" forum, so please keep an eye out for these.

If you have been affected by either of these events, please can you share a video that demonstrates you unable to interact with Rollo in-game? We can then pass these along to the development team for a closer look.

Would you also let us know what happened prior to being unable to interact with Rollo? For instance, did your game crash, or did you desync? If we know the events leading up to being unable to interact with Rollo, this will help in the investigation.

@nexxgen86 - Thanks for sharing what helped you to get Rollo moving again!

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • RSan3096
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis Video seen here:

Playing on PS5 off an AC Valhalla Disc (Gold Edition).

I finished the brothel interaction, then finished fighting alongside Rollo against the guards (fight ended by the door with the interactable note), and afterward he was stuck inside and I was unable to interact.

I tried: Restarting, Uncomitting to the area and recommitting, Completing other quests and coming back, Poison by the door, Starting a fight outside

• satmanuk
    2 posts

Looking above I had the same issue with talking to Rollo after the fight to escape the brothel. I restarted the whole game from an old gamesave 70+ hours earlier and just played the questline with no side missions to get there again. Same problem so very annoyed. I have the same problem in jorvic at the end after the poison wine fight, can't talk after escaping. The only clue I can think of is Eivor says "you are a fiery one" and then Rollo says nothing, maybe a problem loading speech files? On ps4pro with disc version latest update.. please help me Ubisoft, or can I send you gamesaves to test?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@RSan3096 - Thanks for taking the time to send us a video and to explain your own experience with "Old Wounds." I'll pass this along to the development team so they can take a closer look.

@satmanuk - Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to share your own report too. You're welcome to send us a copy of your save files for investigation. You can open a support ticket and use this FAQ to help you. Please make sure you attach your saves (a manual and an autosave) as a .zip file. Once you've opened a ticket, please share your ticket number so we can take a look. Additionally, would you be able to send us a video that shows you're unable to interact with Rollo, so we can pass this along to the development team too.

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering a similar issue in Jorvik as well. As this is a different quest to "Old Wounds," would you be able to create a new thread about this so we can keep the investigations separate?

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • REAP3R8869
    2 posts

I started the old wounds quest and the game crashed as I spoke to estrid, now unable to progress past this point, as estrid will not allow me to talk to her.

• MathisOl
    6 posts

So still buged its a shame it was my last time i pay for a ubisoft game ...

• TastyChip742323
    15 posts

@tasardify same I’m done with the other alliances, have you found a solution?

• TastyChip742323
    15 posts

@ubi-borealis any fixes ? I
    it’s very frustrating because I can’t finish the main storyline, Rollo is stuck inside the brothel so therefore I can’t interact with him

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1750 posts

Hello there!

Please accept my apologies for the delayed reply.

@MathisOl - I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. I can see that the development team are currently investigating this issue. Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know through the patch notes and this thread as well.

@TastyChip742323 - I just double-checked the status of this issue and it looks like the team is trying to reproduce it in order to resolve it. As there is no fix for it at the moment, we will keep everyone updated when we receive more details from the development team.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any other questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • TastyChip742323
    15 posts

I haven’t been able to finish the alliance map due to the fact that I’m stuck with the old wounds quest, Rollo is stuck inside the brothel, he’s unreachable and it’s very frustrating I completed the other mission “Childhood Sweetheart” but I’m stuck with “olds wounds”, pls fix it

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2480 posts

@tastychip742323 I have merged your post with this megathread that we have for this issue. I can see you have already posted on this thread previously.

I'm afraid that we have no further updates at this time and the issue is still being investigated.

Official Response
  • CatSava
    3 posts

Hey guys I am stuck on an apparent glitch and can't find a resolution online and can't see that Ubisoft have noticed it. In Old Wounds I am trying to join Rollo at his camp but when I get there I can't interact with him. I have gone off the Essex saga and completed others, come back and still the same issue. This is my last county before Hamtunscire so I can't progress with the storyline. Can anyone help?

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2480 posts

@catsava I have merged your post with this megathread that we have for this issue. This is currently being investigated by the development team.

Please keep checking here, the known issues list and the news and announcements page for updates.

Official Response
  • CatSava
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TastyChip742323
    15 posts

@ubi-keo any updates?

• maleagon
    1 posts

Can a status be shared on this issue? At this point, it was first reported in November, yet still no fix. I don't even find it on the official list of issues. It's hard to stay loyal to the franchise, given all the issues and lack of responses.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed update. The development team are still investigating the issue wherein Rollo cannot be interacted with, and won't follow Eivor in "Old Wounds." We don't yet have any new updates to share from the investigation with you all. Rest assured that once we have any new information to share with you all, it will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

@maleagon - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please note that the Known Issues list is non-exhaustive. If you don't see the issue you're encountering listed here, this doesn't mean that it isn't under investigation by the development team. I apologise for any delays when providing you with updates from the investigation. The player support team aims to respond to threads as soon as we are able to, but this can take longer than anticipated when the contact volumes in the forum are high.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at any time. If you'd like to have a live chat with a member of the player support team, you can learn more about this here.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • windedmeat1665
    3 posts

Still cant play the game for a few months now rollo just wont come out of the wall and i cannot apply an image to his post because apparently this doesnt support jpeg

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 635 posts

@windedmeat1665 Hey there. I'm sorry to hear you're encountering issues in Valhalla. Can you let me know what mission you're having trouble with? Additionally, have you tried using a third party image site such as imgur to provide us a link to any relevant screenshots? This can be used in case you're unable to apply an image using the image button in your comment box.

Official Response

Suggested Topics