Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• budyll
    Original poster 4 posts

Hi everyone,
    I just bought Valhalla yesterday. I am playing it maxed out, but do I have some sort of an issue with the textures or does Ubisoft simply didn't care about making the textures at least half decent?
    I just got to the point of having a cutscene with a woman outside of Animus. The whole house that she's in looks like something from a very low budget PS3 game.
    What the is wrong with that wall and jackets? It's not only that, but literally every game texture looks extremely low-res when you get even remotely close to it. The game itself is amazing and it's cool to see how the series evolved, given that the last AC game I've played was Unity.
    I've bought it on PC as I wasn't able to get my hands on the PS5 yet, but if every Ubisoft game on PS5 will look like this in the future, I guess I'll just be avoiding their games.
    Anyways, if anyone has any possible solutions to this as maybe it's a problem on my part, I would really appreciate some input. Thanks in advance for any help. I would really appreciate it :).
    undefinedundefinedundefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• budyll
    Original poster 4 posts

Anyone :/?

• martygod12
    247 posts

That sadly is how the game looks ... in that exact scene I also didnt believe my own eyes how awfull the game look. And as you I played on everything maxed out ... issue with Valhalla is that the game can look really beautifull, but most of that beauty is just very well placed lighting. When you start to examine the game graphics more closely you will see all its low res textures, terrible low res LOD, terrible draw distance, especialy of foliage etc. etc. I think there is the whole post about the game looking ugly here on forums.

• budyll
    Original poster 4 posts

@martygod12
    I guess I'll have to live with it then. I'm definitely going to do my research before I decide to buy another Assassins Creed game in the future. This does not look next gen at all. I also think that I did not exaggerate when I wrote that PS3 games had better textures.

• AlphaGoose46219
    158 posts

@budyll Posted one myself some time ago; begin/start cinematic looks dreadful "cartoonish" seen much better ones in 11 year old xbox360 games.
    Most characters during the whole game have the same cartoon looks and even the movement is straight from a cartoon!
    The tools on the table, clothes on the wall etc. from your screenshots are a good example.
    I knew this game was also made for the older consoles but didn't expect they meant the 360!
    Seeing the "progress" in 10 years time i can really cry!

• martygod12
    247 posts

@budyll Yeah you dont ... the game can look gorgerous at times I can give them that ... but in certain situation like dusk/dawn, cloudy weather, you know when there is not much ligting effects going on it looks like a 2014 game at best.

What you can try is some reshade to at least correct the Valhalla awful colour palette something like this for example: https://www.nexusmods.com/assassinscreedvalhalla/mods/9/

Also using reshade smartsharpening effect will help a bit.

Suggested Topics