Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Fortyniners354
    Original poster 46 posts

I don’t understand all the moaning and complaining about River Raids. Some people seem to be evaluating them as if River Raids were a major expansion or part of the game. They are not. Basically, River Raids are simply a side quest, much like you get in Odyssey. Granted, they’re not hugely challenging, and once you've completed raiding all three rivers there is nothing else to do. But so what? It’s a side quest. Now, if you run into a bug or something, it’s valid to complain about that. Otherwise, just get over it and move on with your life.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@gloomseeker They also said the river raids would be increasingly challenging, and they aren’t even challenging to begin with. Unless they meant the challenge of keeping your bungling jomsvikings alive. Think I’d rather raid a military camp with the three stooges.

Then there’s also this line from Ubisoft themselves...

Players can also upgrade the River Raid Longship, or they can trade with Vagn for cosmetic schemes, such as Saint George’s Legendary Armor.”

Which implies that the anachronistic armor reskin was actually supposed to be an armor skin we purchased from Vagn. Could make some think we were finally getting the transmog system we’ve been asking for. But no. We get a reskinned armor of a set we already have, again.

here’s the link to Ubisofts description of what we’d get.
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/assassins-creed/valhalla/news-updates/4oVOVZou6BJBEBCEbsanej/assassins-creed-valhalla-river-raidsyule-season-update

• Fortyniners354
    Original poster 46 posts

Granted, they oversold it a bit. And I can understand people expecting more. But it was free. If you don't like a gift, fine. But hold down on the complaints and bad-mouthing.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@fortyniners354 dude that arguments about "is free dont complain" is bad (to not say a more disrespecful word), this "Free" content was announced with the game, all this "free content" that is coming, is part of the $60 dollars you are paying for this lazy designed game ($70 depends where you live), is NOT FREE, stop claiming is free, and also is ridiculous to be mad at complains that only want the developers really improved this game, and made it playable... not boring... if you already like the game the way is it, i dont see the point of getting mad a people complaining...

this game is the worst ac game ever made

• AlphaGoose46219
    158 posts

@fortyniners354 Well i'm very happy!
    I purchaced the ultimate edition so i get everything for free! (and can go on with my life!)

• cavveman
    84 posts

The major problem I have with river raid dlc is that if the game crashes during the raid all process is lost in the raid. And this game have a history of crashing for some players.
    Once the game crashed when I was returning to Ravensthorpe. The ship was sailing in to the settlement, but it crashed right before the autosave point. And all process was lost.
    I did not die but the game crashed. I can understand that the game makes you restart it if you die. But not for a crash. If I invest 30 minutes into a raid and it crashes I'm not so happy to redo everything.

• AlphaGoose46219
    158 posts

@gloomseeker Haha yes, it's so nice to get so much for free!
    GRRrrrimbllllll even jorraptor in his last video keeps mentioning the FREE CONTENT pffff

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@fortyniners354

So this forum is for people to share ideas, to discuss topics and what not and to help improve the game and to help others out.
    Your contribution seems to be entirely negative, at least non of the above as far as i am aware...

Its Ubisofts own fault for hyping up the RR, saying that its highly repayable, brimming with new gear, that it wil have increasingly difficulties.
    This all stuff we were really longing for and upon delivery it just wasn't as promised, so yeah by default ppl will complain about that stuff.

I also would to point out that Ubisoft themself kept saying how this will game will be supported fro 2 years with continues updates and what not and new content.
    So its just part of the base game, only added later to give that support.

• BruceHillRacing
    41 posts

@fortyniners354 Well i'm very happy!
    I purchaced the ultimate edition so i get everything for free! (and can go on with my life!)

Free....I think you need to understand what free actually means. The season content has been mentioned since day 1, so you paid for it.

I paid £90 for the game and season pass....
    What it is, is content that should have been in the game from the start that has been poorly added later on.

• AlphaGoose46219
    158 posts

@fortyniners354 Nothing is for free!
    You even pay for your dung flushing thru the toilet!

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@gloomseeker We’re lucky they stopped with the world event involving the American baseball player. Considering how pointlessly silly, anachronistic and out of place some quests are and that every armor set has huge shoulder pads, we could have ended up in a game of American football against a rival clan. Then they could have the Ravens vs. the Vikings. For all non American sports fans out there those are two NFL football teams.

Oh, how I really hope I didn’t just give them an idea for a “free” content update.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics