Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yesin069
    Original poster 554 posts

Ubisoft team, how would it be if you at least tell us about some changes that await us at the start of every month, as you did before in Origins and Odyssey?

It wouldn't hurt you and shouldn't be impossible to at least make an official blog post that tells us what awaits us. If we ask community managers on Twitter they clearly often have answers so why can't you make an official blog post where everybody can look at and see what will come this month. Should I be hyped for some transmog this month or will it still take ages to add a small feature like that?

You can even market those useless microtransactions gear sets in those blog posts that are clearly already in the game. Just give us some info and stop being silent for four weeks until we get a patch!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• OrcBeard92
    150 posts

@yesin069 Yeah, the patch announcements a day or two before they get dropped is getting kind of old lol. Zero hype is fine I guess but I remember(?) Odyssey having a bunch of posts and youtube videos (I think?) about upcoming patches. Could be wrong.

• Yesin069

@orcbeard92

Yes, Origins and Odyssey both had monthly update blogposts at the start of every month. Some also with videos and interviews when the features were big enough.

Also Odyssey gave us something new every week. Sometimes a microtransaction gear set, sometimes a new quest, sometimes weekly events with a little bit more substance to them (not the stupid Reda quests and Ubisoft Connect challenges that repeat every week.

For instance here is the monthly update for december from Odyssey:

This is already more content in one month than the content we got in Valhalla in 3 months. The only thing we got more in Valhalla are the microtransactions gear sets...

• gearsmonger
    48 posts

All I want from Ubisoft are ETAs on when they'll have fixes for major bugs and crashing. Bought this game on sale thinking I was getting a deal, turns out I was paying for a beta. I can't even imagine what release was like.

• OrcBeard92
    150 posts

@yesin069 I was thinking the other day about how Odyssey had the witcher style quest board where you pick up daily or weekly jobs. They were pretty simple and randomly generated a lot of the time so they did end up repeating themselves after a while, but it did add a lot of variety if you were in the middle of travelling somewhere, and could pick up a contract on the way or hunt down a ship.

Valhalla's Reda contracts really suck. But Eivor always mentions 'have you got a contract', and literally works as a 'viking for hire'. Having a quest board in Ravensthorpe or in friendly towns would be a huge boost for replayability for me, and get rid of the boring [censored] Reda missions which are the same thing every damn week/day. Even going to the same places unless you actively move to another zone.

Would love to see them add this but I don't think it will happen.

At the moment I'd be happy for the next few patches not even to add anything huge beyond transmog. They need to focus on polishing what we have, since every patch ends up breaking something pretty obvious. (makes you wonder if they even test what they're giving us at all, despite community reps saying they do.)

• Yesin069

@gearsmonger

I don't think that they specifically can say what bugs they will fix because bugfixing is the hardest thing to do. Every fix can break other things and i think Ubisoft works until the last point on those fixes and just releases them in patchz notes when the update is finishes. I am fine with that approach but i would like to hear from the new stuff that will be added to the game this month. Than we dont need to speculate what will come or have high hopes for transmog just to hear one day before release that it wont come out now.

@OrcBeard92

I also just want smaller quality of life improvements, bugfixes and the major story dlc's. I just dont care about the events and river raids and other stuff they try to sell us as free content. This stuff isnt fun and breaks even more things in the game. The patches are just too big that it is nearly impossible to release them without adding new bugs.

Ubisoft should either release more patches more frequently that are way smaller in scale or they should make early access patches that people can test before launch. I would even prefer calling the whole game Valhalla an early access title because it cleary still isnt a finished and polished game with all content in it.

Even some minor things likes categories in the inventory when changing armors or weapons are not in the game but are very needed. I simply stopped changing my armor or weapon because i always have to search for the specific greatsword or hammer.I still play the game with all the starter gear because of this horrible inventory system. A better system is clearly in the game and is seen when you upgrade your armor by the blacksmith. There you have categories and everything is sorted. Also transmog is already in the game, seen when you equip Jomsvikings.

Valhalla clearly is still in the beta stages if fundamental features like those are still being worked on or when you see them at some points in the game but not in others.

• gearsmonger
    48 posts

@yesin069 Apparently this is a hot take, but they shouldn't be prioritizing new content before fixing what's here. My game crashes at least once every 30 minutes and sometimes more. Quests bug out and don't register the trigger to move forward. Enemy NPC's stand there doing nothing while you beat on them. As of last patch, the one-hit assassination setting doesn't work. NPC mouths frequently don't move while they talk.

It's not asking too much for a rank order list of what they're prioritizing for a fix and a basic progress report on it.

• Yesin069

@gearsmonger

Of course bugfixing should be the first thing to do. Than quality of life stuff that improves the base gameplay experience. Than after all this stuff is final and we all can finish this game, Ubisoft can start with those useles river raids and ingame events. You cant enjoy events when you cant play the game in a polished state.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@gearsmonger For me, Valhalla doesn't crash as often as it used to do and not as drastically as a few updates ago, but it still crashes from time to time. Compare this with Immortals Fenyx Rising, which (after almost 70 hours) has not crashed even a single time (and where I have identified only one very minor bug up to now).

And: Immortals supports transmog and NG+. 🙂

• Yesin069

Here we go again...

Ubisoft doesnt seem to want to learn. Now they crossed another line. Before they were selling fantasy-style-amor that doesnt fit the game in the helix store but now they also sell armor that fits the setting with other colours. Great work Ubisoft! Go on with this route and the only people left playing your games will be kids that grew up buying microtransactions with the credit cards from their parents. At least this will make them more money than normal buyers...

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics