Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

So last week i have been playing the demo for Outriders, which is actually quit e a lot of fun, especially while playing the trickster or the devastator.

Anyway in the game they let you replay the side-quests which is not a bad idea.

Ofcourse the problem with Valhalla is that there are no side-quests... But if there were that would be great.
    In fact didnt we have this feature in Odyssey 😛

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 Older AC games had this too (with main story missions). In case you missed or failed a side objective during a quest, you could easily play that quest again at a later time.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

You can’t compare Assassins Creed and Mercenary’s Odyssey to this game. Viking Quest Valhalla is just a different game. They’re all totally unrelated in any way. 😂😂
    But seriously, the ability to replay the quests would be a nice feature. I make jokes at Valhalla’s expense but it is fun to play at times. And I’m sure it will be a good game in about a year and a half. After they finish adding the rest of the game to our paid beta version.

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@gloomseeker

Mind if i correct you, Valhalla has no endgame.
    odyssey had some but just barely.

I mean endgame is more a thing in game that cater towards divers loot and finding perfect pieces, which AC-franchise just isnt.
    So instead ubisoft would be better off to focus on an excellent story and world instead of catering towards everyone and failing everyone i think.

But yeah.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@gloomseeker The power level definitely needs better balancing. About half way through the game it became the same routine for me. Try to sneak around assassinating everyone to clear the area. Get seen by an enemy that was actually sleeping 70 meters away at the time they spotted me with three walls between us. Then from there just hack and slash my way through the rest. Come to the next enemy camp rinse and repeat.

They really need to work on the skill tree. That way we can actually focus on specific builds, to play the game in our own individual style. They advertised Valhalla as a game of choices. Then designed a skill tree in such a way that we all end up with the same Eivor.

I think the fighting needs tightened up too. It seems like too many times I’m surrounded by enemies that still take turns trying to hit me. They need to coordinate attacks better. Actually pose a threat to Eivor. As it stands Eivor just stomps through England like he’s still Odin.

As for runes, I’ve taken those out and purposely mismatch armor so I don’t get the passive perks of the set. And still the game has no real challenge in it.

And yes, though I’m not a huge fan of Odyssey, I can admit the enemies, fighting and leveling up were much better balanced than Valhalla. Same for Origins, which is a game I loved and I’m currently replaying at the moment.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@hroozenbeek Yes! Now I feel a song coming on. Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics