Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • PHOENIXmoss
    Original poster 1 posts

I’m 38 and have been playing Assassin’s Creed from the beginning. I love the beauty of the land and the rich gameplay, but one mystery has ended my gameplay for good. To the creator of the Farewell Meow: you are a sadist. It is inhumanly cruel to create a powder keg house full of non threatening cats and create a quest that tricks the player into burning them all alive, complete with their screams of pain. I am SO disappointed with the management who approved this unnecessary side quest, and I am done playing your games, literally and figuratively. It is sad that a few people with a sick sense of humor have ruined your whole franchise for me. Appealing to the broken people who act as internet trolls has cost you a loyal customer. Make better choices that honor the rest of your creators. I’m sure the people who programmed and designed the feature allowing players to pet and hold cats deserved better. Your team members with any empathy deserve better. Your players deserve better.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dlmthree
    77 posts

@phoenixmoss Or be mindful what you break and you won't burn anything.

Sure if you step in sweeping your greatsword around...

• Max18400
    400 posts

There isn't a mission where you kill cats? I've literally 100% all thy side quests and there are none where you kill any cats?

• MexicanTemplar
    39 posts

@phoenixmoss out of all the things u can blame ubisoft for this trash game, i believe this isnt one of those... the quest may be dumb and pointless, but not that much to make a rant out of it, i expected this game to be more violent and not kids friendly, sinces the game is rated M for 17+ more mature people... but we got this, but maaybe is because first world countries has become more soft and spoiled with time...

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@phoenixmoss I killed some by accident, reloaded and none died. The cats in Valhalla are one of my fav things, so I can't kill them either. I also refuse to kill foxes, seals etc, and why do we have to kill ravens although we have one as a buddy? I can never get my head around the choices game devs make regarding animals, but I probably take it a lot more seriously than the average gamer.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@kreutzgang They made some very odd design choices. I avoided killing ravens at first. I kept wondering if I was going to shoot Synin. But I was able to complete that task without killing any of the kitty hoarders cats. I heard them meowing and I switched out to a dagger to break everything. My wife on the other hand.... I think one cat survived.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts
    @kreutzgang My wife on the other hand.... I think one cat survived.

NUUUU. *weeps*

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@phoenixmoss

my my.. arent you a crybaby.

Of the stuff thats wrong with this game, you make a point about such a minor detail.

• Lysvander
    41 posts
  • DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

As much as I think the OP is overreacting, the side quests in Valhalla do all seem extremely out of place with their goofy writing and acting.

• KeepItValhalla
    11 posts

@phoenixmoss damn. Here I thought this was going to be a thread where we get to bash Ubisoft for their awful post-launch antics. You know, 97% of the content released so far hidden behind a paywall, the River Raids addition being nothing but a 2 - 3 hour repetitive grindfest in which your prize is a reskinned Thegn armor, etc etc...

But no... we're talking about cats. Okay.

• gearsmonger
    48 posts

@daelosthecat Just like everything in the main game, ironically enough.

• Mordule
    35 posts

I suppose it is only ok to kill scores of humans that believe differently than you, want to defend their faith, and keep their homes. Hmm Eivor isn't exactly the good guy here if you think about it. Also as been stated you can be careful not to kill the cats.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics