Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang What I don't really understand in Immortals is that they have difficulty settings for combat and hints for the puzzles, which I don't need, but the 'acrobatics' especially in the vaults are fixed and sometimes really, really hard for someone like me (you know, mostly pushing the wrong buttons at the wrong time). I would have liked more checkpoints in the vaults and a way to turn of those irritating laser beams in order to have a little bit more fun with the difficult parts.

• Max18400
    405 posts

@hroozenbeek odyssey's end felt more conclusive. Yeah, you're right they do leave it open ended, but after the battle of amphipolis, a peace agreement was signed between Athens and Sparta, so despite it not being mentioned, the game does end with the establishment of a status quo that at least lasted for a few years (I can't remember how long it lasts but I know it was a fairly long time). Yeah, you're right, the peloponnesian was was over until 404bce, but the game finished at a conclusive point in history. Vahalla literally finishes before the closing act with the battle of Edington which is seen as ght battle which saved wessex and stopped the vikings in their path and undid a lot of their conquests (establishment of the dane law)

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@max18400 No doubt about that. The Siege of Paris brings us well beyond the battles of Chippenham and Edington, so I'm curious to see how Ubisoft will address the events in England.

• Max18400
    405 posts

@hroozenbeek I am too, especially as the siege of Paris is at least 7 years after Edington, and they have another dlc to fit in during that time in Ireland?

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@hroozenbeek Tell me about it omg. I actually cranked it down to story mode trying to make that stuff easier, but once I realised it did nothing, turned it back up. The laser beams and those annoying stone rams drove me insane. You can use that Athena's dash to get through lasers, but when airborne, that requires too many buttons in quick succession, so I still fail. 😄

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@gearsmonger I didn't feel that way. They aren't jokey all the time, but at the same time they aren't permanently glum. I feel more irritated when the main characters are super serious basically all the time as it makes them unlikeable imo, but maybe assassins are party poopers, can't say I've ever met one.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang Almost every time, Athena's Dash goes in the wrong direction for me, and that is even without any other button combinations.

Yesterday I again cleared some vaults (with all treasure chests), so I'm slowly getting forward with those, but it takes a lot of trial and error. Although I don't think I'll be able to clear all vaults with all treasure chests, I hope to finish the 36 tasks of Hermes' board. I'm almost there!

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@hroozenbeek Yes that happened to me too. I think you have to be actually moving in the required direction for it to do it properly. OFC if you are like me and epically fail at doing multiple things immediately after one another at the right time, you will end up walking into the lasers before activating it at least half the time, then if you are super lucky the rebirth feature will kick in and you'll respawn in the middle of the laser and die all over again. 😄

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang Haha, yes, I know that all too well! And I also tend to just walk into the abyss.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics