ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• dlmthree
    Original poster 77 posts

Dear Ubisoft, are you that dense that every week you will ask us to complete the most idiotic challenges with the most insane goal?

Last week was 1 million drinking games, I think we barely hit half of that. This week is 1 million dice games. Who in their right mind is going to grind the hell of these mini-games for 10 measly opals?! Well in case you didn't notice, here's the answer: no one. At least the drinking games can give you money but once you have acquired the piece from each dice player, there's no reason to play it again over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over to help the community reach 1 million games.

Hell even for 100 opals I'm not sure anyone would bother.

Weeks ago I said you DID NOT want us to earn 120 opals a week to at least get the middle weekly deal. Prove me wrong.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• YorkshireLass
    17 posts

@dlmthree I literally groaned when I saw the CC this week. I wasn't a massive fan of drinking or dice even when playing for something. And you're right, I couldn't be bothered for 1000 opals tbh.

With the huge amount of bugs/glitches and other problems that everyone has faced since launch, it would be a really nice gesture if Ubisoft made some of the challenges actually achievable.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@dlmthree I think the problem with these goals is the Ubisoft are setting them based on games sold. They’re ignoring player engagement for whatever reasons. Due to how many bugs this game still has and the complete lack of any real end game content, I would assume that the number of people still actually playing has dropped significantly since release.

It really doesn’t help they keep wanting us to grind doing some of the worst things this game has to offer. Ubi can take that dice game and shove it up its Asgard.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@whocares78 I stopped playing after RR. There's no reason to keep playing the game once you did everything (you can be bothered to), and the grindy "goals" and repetitive Reda's quests are more likely to make me ditch the game and never play the DLC's than to keep me invested..

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@kreutzgang I don’t blame you for dropping it. I actually let my daughter play the Reda quests, just in case anything actually comes to the store that I actually want. Plus some game time is a good motivation for her to get her homework done. But even she has noticed how repetitive they are. And she’s the type that will listen to the exact same song all week.

Unfortunately I bought the ultimate edition, so I’ll play the dlc just to get something for my money. Though I did get 2 platinum trophies out it and because I have the PS4 as my primary my wife was able to play my copy and get herself a platinum too.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@whocares78 When even kids, who like repetition more than most adults get bored, it's a definite red flag lmao. I also bought the DLC's - which is a motivation to stop playing now before I cannot stand the game at all anymore, especially as I'll have to restart the whole thing. I can't get into games again after quitting unless I start from scratch.

@Gloomseeker I'm playing Fenyx now after y'all recommended it, and I have to say it's much more fun in spite of being full of platforming - which isn't my favourite type of gameplay, but at least when I fall to my death, it's my own fault, while in Valhalla I'd keep falling of stuff for no apparent reason.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@kreutzgang 740 world mysteries, wealth and artifacts not including all the story arcs. I’m well beyond my ability to stand anymore of it already. But I’ll trudge through so that I can delete it and then pretend I never even heard of it.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@gloomseeker Exactly, I should have learned my lesson with Far Cry 5 ultimate edition also. I mean at least I didn’t preorder New Dawn. But with Assassins Creed it’s an old habit I’m having a hard time kicking. I think Valhalla has finally accomplished what Ubisoft hadn’t managed to do yet as I’m not going to preorder Far Cry 6 nor do I have much interest in the next ac.

• nerex33
    12 posts

This is definitely something that needs to be addressed. Ubisoft keeps dangling these Weekly Community carrots in front of us but the fact remains that they were only reachable when the game was first released and everyone was completing all of the drinking and dice games, but since it is almost a year later, we can't even reach the halfway mark. Just remove it then if it's something we can't complete. Or, adjust the goals that we need to reach. That is all.

• BruceHillRacing
    41 posts

Well the problem is they think a lot of people play the game and like it, what they don't realise (which is extraordinary as they are the developers) is at End Game there is literally nothing to do, its boring. And noone is going to grind this crap.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@gloomseeker You're quite right. Killing that Viking with his berserkers was a real challenge the first time, but only the first time! What a difference!

Suggested Topics