Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • SuperbStarlight
    Original poster 2 posts

As per usual a glitch in a side quest less than 5 hours in to the game.

Erlend has been killed by the animal I lead to him and now I can't complete the quest, any ideas?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Nightally
    5 posts

the quest to kill the warlock, i killed both of them and looted them. Not getting complete.
    the quest to throw the stuff off the cliff for the old man, i threw it all then he jumped down in a cut scene. not getting complete.
    the quest to choose a captain for the dude in Stavanger, going to the dock, 2 people are fighting, i cant talk to the guy.

• ZuluHotelX-ray
    2 posts

I am having similar issues. Mysteries don't mark complete after the objectives are complete. The ones I encountered are Raider Recruit, Fly Agaric in Norway map, and the Hunt for Honor. I am avoiding all Mysteries quests while waiting for a patch. I'm playing on ps4

• Torusya
    16 posts

seems all quests where you have to talk to NPC (which is ALL of them) can just break and you can't talk to people. I have it happen in the main quest, stuck, can't proceed.

• longjohn119
    395 posts

When you have something like this happen it's best to IMMEDIATELY go back to your last auto save before the glitch ..... If you wait too long then your auto saves will get overwritten and you are screwed ...... I got stuck on a tree near a waterfall where you are supposed to find a comb with the intention of diving (Well jumping, for some stupid reason we can no longer dive which is dumb AF) in because the tree is obviously there for a reason and I got stuck so I immediately went back to the last autosave and lost about 2 minutes and then tried it again and it worked ..... Odyssey was the same way sometimes, quests I had done several times (Cultist Rhexenor in Athens for instance) without a problem would glitch out and immediately going back to an auto save before it's overwritten is the best way to work around it .....

• deadonarrival85
    1 posts

I had similar issues with the 3 quests OP mentioned, besides the stavenger one because you cant bring up the radial menu, i've found that blowing the horn a couple times makes the NPC trigger correctly.
    I'm playing on Xbox series X.
    I've had two bosses bug out in their idle animation and have been unable to continue the main story without blowing the horn like an idiot to trigger them.
    Also corrupt saves. Make sure to manually save in seperate slots as much as possible

• ZuluHotelX-ray
    2 posts

@torusya My guess is they are caused by a dialogue glitch: all those quests will be marked complete by the game after Eivor makes a comment at the end of the quests, but his dialogues are glitched. I went to Heillboer where Eivor's parents were killed in the opening sequence and interacted with two objects, the sword Eivor tried to pick up and the helmet at the spot where Varin died (it's funny because in one of the side quests Eivor found a guy selling his/her father's helmet). I was expecting him to say something, but instead Eivor just took a look at them without making comments. Although I am not 100% sure this is also a dialogue glitch, I think there is got to be more to those two interactions. Hope someone can confirm my suspicion.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

@SuperbStarlight

Thank you for reporting this to us, we're sorry to hear that's been the case.

Are you able to try loading an older Save or Auto-Save before this occurred?

Official Response
  • Rohe69
    1 posts

Ye so this man asked me to bring me a beast, i brought the beast and he died from the beast. Googled up and its supposed to happen like that, BUT the event doesnt count as complete and neither do i get any rewards. Help ?undefinedundefined

• SuperbStarlight
    Original poster 2 posts

Well I have had to lose two hours of gameplay to go back and redo this....

Shame it was necessary

• Eagel1994
    2 posts
    So first bugged i found is lost denger you cant enter from one side bud bud when you deaft the boss you cant speak to him so you cant fish it. The second bug i found is World Event: The Hunt for Honor erkend got killed and now he wont respawn so the quest cant be finished.
  • UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 156 posts

Hey there Eagel1994! I'm sorry to hear you've encountered both of these issues! They sound very frustrating. Would you be able to reproduce the steps for the first issue and take a video clip for us? For the World Event where Erlend won't respawn, can you take a screenshot of the location he's supposed to be in and send that our way? Thank you for your help!

Official Response
  • dcferrari13
    1 posts

Hi, not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue. Here's what happened:
    I spoke with this guy "Erlend" and brought him back three wolves. The wolf attacked him and he died so I ended up killing the rest of the wolves. Now he's dead and just lying on the ground. All you can do is carry him that's it.. I didn't get the quest complete message, and the icon stays on the map. Does that mean it's stuck and there's no way for the event to be completed now??.. 😞 Is this a bug/glitch? I'm already 7 hours into the game and I don't want to start all over again. Help anyone??undefined

• longjohn119
    395 posts
    @torusya My guess is they are caused by a dialogue glitch: all those quests will be marked complete by the game after Eivor makes a comment at the end of the quests, but his dialogues are glitched. I went to Heillboer where Eivor's parents were killed in the opening sequence and interacted with two objects, the sword Eivor tried to pick up and the helmet at the spot where Varin died (it's funny because in one of the side quests Eivor found a guy selling his/her father's helmet). I was expecting him to say something, but instead Eivor just took a look at them without making comments. Although I am not 100% sure this is also a dialogue glitch, I think there is got to be more to those two interactions. Hope someone can confirm my suspicion.

I just did that quest and you are correct there is supposed to be dialog when you trigger it with a button ..... It's just a short couple of sentences kind of reminiscing about the original event ..... I wonder if some of this may be due to character choice, I've had no problems but I'm playing "Let the Animus decide" and I'm a female Eivor in that part .....

• MarathonDad2
    2 posts

In the first area, there are 4 world events I can't get to unlock even after trying multiple times with reloads, fast travels, and fully closing and restarting the game.:

• Guy who wants to kill an animal. I brought a wolf back to him, the guy proceeded to try and kill it, failed and died, and I killed the wolf. The guy is laying dead on the ground even after reload or fast travel.
    • Lady who wants a comb. I got the comb and when I try to talk to her nothing happens. The talk icon disappears and the event doesn't unlock. When I reload, the icon is there to talk to her, but nothing happens.
    • Guy standing at the top of a cliff. I did what he asked and he does what he does. (No spoilers) Event doesn't unlock. After reload, all of the boxes are back on the ground, but the guy is gone.
    • Guy who wants to give you a tour. I talk to him, he mentions a tour and tells me to follow him but just stands there. After reload, he's ready to talk again, but says the same thing and doesn't move.

I'm playing on the Xbox Series X with the latest patches, if that helps. For all of these, the events are still unlocked and show up on the map. Hoping these can be fixed in a future update.

Thanks!

• BerOtar
    4 posts

I brought him a very injured bear, then killed the bear for him, and he walked of joyfully proclaiming to be the terror of the caves or some such...
    That did count as a completed event.

• Kerrik10463
    6 posts

i have this problem as well. I would be interested to see if you also have problems with other events like I do. Such as quest givers not reacting to you once they give you the quest.

• WPScorpionWind
    5 posts

I am thinking this is along the lines of the issue I'm facing. I have only 12/13 mysteries right now and this is the only one I don't remember doing. I know a polar bear spawns near here as well as a triple wolf spawn, so my thinking is somehow the bear or wolves killed him and basically bugged the event entirely. I would like to get this region completed as this is the only thing I'm missing all together.

• jcriderlpn
    1 posts

Heck, I was wondering how to even bring a beast back to this guy to begin with! LOL

• Pxichc
    2 posts

I brought Erlend a beast, it killed him. Now the event marker is stuck on my map. I don't have an earlier save to go back to anymore. Am I going to have to start the whole thing over?

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics