Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • PinkMonsteraR
    1 posts

How can I get completionist if there’s all these bugs. First hunt for honor glitch’s and the guys dead forever. And now the fly agaric on the little island is glitched. Finished the puzzle and now I’m just stuck under the influence with no complete.

• ShadoW8_9
    6 posts

I know it's been a long time. I just run into this problem.

@superbstarlight
    I had the same problem, but I was able to finish both quests. First, in the Hunt for Honor one I had to burn the body after he died. It probably is possible to finish it without him being killed, but I couldn't manage to do so.
    It was really dificult to burn his body though. Neither throwing torches nor fire arrows worked and I had to carry the body myself to the closest town and burn myself while holding his body, thus burning both of us. Then, after leaving his body on the ground (it still didn't look like it was burnt) I could finish it.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1381 posts

Hello all!

I've merged together several different threads together about being unable to proceed with the world events in Rygjafylke into a single megathread. This will make it easier for us to keep all information and updates from the investigations in one location. I apologise if any ongoing discussions have been disrupted by this merge.

I would like to provide an update on the investigations that the development team are currently working on in relation to world events in Rygjafylke:

• Unable to complete "Hunt for Honor"
      • Comment: The development team are interested in collecting the save files of affected players. If you play on PC/PS4, please can you open a support ticket and submit your save files for further investigation.
    • Unable to interact with NPC in "Comb of Champions
      • Comment: The development team are interested in collecting the save files of affected players. If you play on PC/PS4, please can you open a support ticket and submit your save files for further investigation.
    • Unable to complete "Old Man on the Edge"
    • Unable to complete "A New England"
    • Unable to interact with NPC in "Raider Recruit"
      • Comment: Please check out this dedicated megathread for more information and updates!
    • Unable to interact with NPC in "A Desperate Bounty"
      • Comment: Please check out this dedicated megathread for more information and updates!
    • Unable to interact with Erik Loyalskull after defeating him

I have seen some players mention that they're encountering trouble with the Fly Agaric puzzle in Rygjafylke. If you are having issues with this mystery, please could you provide us with more information about this? If you're able to provide a video, that would be great!

If you are encountering any other issues with world event in Rygjafylke that have not been mentioned above, please don't hesitate to reach out to us within this thread. If possible, please include a video that shows the issue you're encountering, as this is helpful for further investigation.

If you are encountering trouble with a world event or a mystery in Hordafylke, please can you open up a new thread so we can investigate this separately.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • MikeTheMike93
    1 posts

Hi it won't let me complete The mushroom Fly Agaric in Rygjaftlke even though i've gone through the correct portal entries. Please fix Bug

• ukjay7651
    8 posts

Any updates on this issue, I've got 150 hours in this ,so don't wanna start game again

• BigR0b1972
    12 posts

Hi i am still unable to complete the Mysteries in Norway, even after the patch yesterday

World Events in Rygjafylke not resetting or completed - Fly Agaric, Lost Drengr, The Hunt for Honor and A New England. These missions in Hordafylke, did not get completed either. The Rekindling, Lost Dengar (Orwig Neverdeath) and Fly Agaric
    is there any way to reset these? 

I find it very hard to believe these world events can't be resolved by a very simple reset if it can't be completed after leaving the area. it has been now five months and several updates later.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 445 posts

Hello @BigR0b1972

Sorry to hear that you are unable to complete Mysteries in Norway. I merged your thread with this megathread for better visibility. Can you please provide us with your save files as per the previous post shared by @Ubi-Borealis?

It will help us to investigate it further for you. Many thanks and apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 240 posts

@pinkmonsterar Hiya! Sorry for the lateness in my reply, but wanted to let you know our team is aware of the issues with the Flyting Event in Rygjafylke. While we do not have further information to share at this moment, we shall keep everyone posted as soon as we have further updates. Thanks for bearing with us in the meantime.

Official Response
  • Jarvistic
    1 posts

My final world event before 100% completion is bugged. I am so frustrated because this quest has been bugged for at least 5 months now!

This World Event, The hunt for Honour, is South-West of Stavanger in Rygjafylke (Norway). Erland asks you to bring him a beast, and you can lure wolves or polar bears nearby for him to fight. The wolves I brought to him killed him almost instantly (weakling) and he just lays there dead. I killed the wolves so as not to get mauled, but after that, nothing happened and the event will not complete.
    I have tried the following things/fixes, NONE OF WHICH HAVE WORKED:

1. Save and reload. His body is still there.
    2. Fast travel, do other things and return much later. (Now I don't have a save to go back to, NICE!) His body is still there.
    3. Shoot his body with arrows.
    4. Throw his body in the water, fast travel and return later. His body was still floating in the water when I returned.
    5. Lure wolves back to his camp (where I returned his body).
    6. Lure Polar bears back to his camp.
    7. Light myself on fire (this actually let me complete another world event that was bugged)
    8. Light his body on fire by lighting a dead wolf on fire and putting the body on it.
      1. also lit it on fire while on fire while holding the body.
    9. Lit him on fire by throwing his body near the tent and lighting that on fire.
    10. cried a little and now I'm here.

PLEASE FIX THIS, I am a full time student so when I get to play games, I don't like having to spend hours to finish one silly event.
    I am on Xbox series X and I have over 140 hours on the game (I'm not restarting it).

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 437 posts

@jarvistic I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. I have merged your post with this megathread as it is a known issue that is being investigated.

Please keep checking here, the known issues list and news and announcements for updates.

Official Response
  • scottc43
    1 posts

First quest to bug for me was with erland, brought him a polar bear and it 1 shot him. Ever since that, 2 of the mushroom challenges in norway will not finish(Through the gates) (Defeat the enemies) Also (Tour of england) the guy just stands on the spot 😕 I've already finished the game but don't fancy restarting to finish these quests.

• Nicoboy1996
    1 posts

Not sure if this thread is still active. However with the beast-man mystery. I tried the workaround which is to plant a bomb on the dead body and bring some wolves over to die. It works and there is dialogue saying it's a shame and stuff etc. However, after all that it seems that it seems to have dialogue of the other mysteries that I have done but bugged out as incomplete and also gungnir. After a few seconds, I lose control and unable to move. Relogging into the same game file makes me unable to move still. I ended up returning to an earlier quicksave before doing all of this just to be able to get control again.

When I meant unable to move, I am also unable to access the menu once eivor says the line about gungnir. Really weird..

• BGswagman
    2 posts

Hello everyone,
    For several months, I have been having problems with all sorts of side quests in Norway. This includes not being able to finish the two “lost drengr” side quests as I cannot speak to them after I defeat them. Both of the mushroom quests also don’t disappear after completing them and I can just walk away, come back, and do them over and over again. The problems also include “Hunt for Honor”, “Raider Recruit”, and “A New England”. These 3 world events have various reasons why they won’t finish or I can’t progress in them. On top of that, I pulled Gungnir a while back and it never showed up in the inventory and is now missing from the door it was stuck in.
    It seems to me all of these problems are related and I am curious if anyone else has run into these issues. All of these were done after I completed the main story as well. Also, I’m wondering if anyone has heard of fixes for these or if any fixes are in development. I’ve been having these problems since early December and none of the patches have helped. Also, I play on PS4

• BGswagman
    2 posts

@bgswagman I have now noticed that many other people have run into these problems for just as long as I have. It's hard to believe some kind of issue has not been found for these since they've been a problem for so long. I wish these problems would appear in the "known issues" thread so people know they're at least being looked into.

• SpirantCrayon22
    155 posts

I'd generally agree that something introduced problems in Norway a while ago. There's no shopkeeper in Fornburg and no drinking game in Alrekstad. I did all the stuff there some time ago, though, so can't offer suggestions I'm afraid.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 437 posts

@BGswagman I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with various world events in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I can confirm that the world events you have mentioned are known to have issues and these have been reported to the development team who are investigating. I'm afraid it's not possible to list all of the issues on the known issues list or mega thread list. Please keep checking those lists along with the news and announcements for updates on the game.

@spirantcrayon22 I can also confirm that the the two issues you have mentioned are also known issues that are being investigated.

Official Response
  • ukjay7651
    8 posts

Still no answer on this issue, really does go to show how much gamers mean , rather still release buggy DLCs then fix main game

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 672 posts

@ukjay7651 Hey there, I'm really sorry for the late reply! I can confirm that this is still being looked into, so there are no further updates at the moment. As soon as we have more information to share, we will make you guys aware via a patch notes thread.

Thank you for your continued patience! I have sent your video to the team for review.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1381 posts

Hello there!

Thanks for continuing to update this thread with your experiences regarding the World Events in Rygiafylke. I would like to provide you all with an update on the status of the current investigations:

• Unable to complete "Hunt for Honor"
      • Comment: The development team are interested in collecting the save files of affected players. If you play on PC/PS4, please can you open a support ticket and submit your save files for further investigation.
    • Unable to interact with NPC in "Comb of Champions
      • Comment: The development team are interested in collecting the save files of affected players. If you play on PC/PS4, please can you open a support ticket and submit your save files for further investigation.
    • Unable to complete "Old Man on the Edge"
      • Comment: The development team plan to fix this issue in a future update. We're unable to provide an ETA for this update at this current time. Please keep an eye out in our News & Announcements forum for further information.
    • Unable to complete "A New England"
      • Comment: The development team have been unable to reproduce this issue during their investigation. If you are encountering trouble in this world event, please can you send us a video that shows you're unable to proceed with "A New England." If you play on PC/PS4, please can you open a support ticket and submit your save files for further investigation.
    • Unable to interact with NPC in "Raider Recruit"
    • Unable to interact with NPC in "A Desperate Bounty"
    • Unable to interact with Erik Loyalskull after defeating him

@scottc43 - I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble completing some of the world events in Norway. Would you be able to provide us with any videos that show the issues you're encountering? In particular, could you send us videos that show the following:

• "Hunt for Honor" not showing as complete, and that you are unable to complete the world event
    • The Fly Agaric challenges not completing
    • The NPC in "A New England" not showing Eivor a tour of England after he has been interacted with

We can then pass these along to the development team as part of your report.

@Nicoboy1996 - Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. That behaviour definitely sounds unusual. I'm glad to hear you were able to regain control by returning to an earlier save. When reloading to an earlier save, have you still been unable to complete "Hunt for Honor?" If so, could you please send us a video that shows the NPC is dead and that the world event shows as uncompleted on your map?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • richiewazhere
    11 posts

Hello @ubi-borealis,
    I had the problems of Odin’s spear being stuck, Orwig Neverdeath remaining celebrated, A hunt for honor, a New England, and the two fly agarics. But I have been able to complete them all after patch 1.2.1! I finally got my platinum! Thank you! And i am looking forward to the dlc!
    Richiewazhere

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics