0 Likes/183 Replies/5283 ViewsAxellSlade 7 posts
Had to go back to an older manual save and do it again.
Makosoklas 2 posts
I'm having the same issue.
MarathonDad2 2 posts
In the first area, there are 4 world events I can't get to unlock even after trying multiple times with reloads, fast travels, and fully closing and restarting the game.:
- Guy who wants to kill an animal. I brought a wolf back to him, the guy proceeded to try and kill it, failed and died, and I killed the wolf. The guy is laying dead on the ground even after reload or fast travel.
- Lady who wants a comb. I got the comb and when I try to talk to her nothing happens. The talk icon disappears and the event doesn't unlock. When I reload, the icon is there to talk to her, but nothing happens.
- Guy standing at the top of a cliff. I did what he asked and he does what he does. (No spoilers) Event doesn't unlock. After reload, all of the boxes are back on the ground, but the guy is gone.
- Guy who wants to give you a tour. I talk to him, he mentions a tour and tells me to follow him but just stands there. After reload, he's ready to talk again, but says the same thing and doesn't move.
I'm playing on the Xbox Series X with the latest patches, if that helps. For all of these, the events are still unlocked and show up on the map. Hoping these can be fixed in a future update.
BerOtar 4 posts
I brought him a very injured bear, then killed the bear for him, and he walked of joyfully proclaiming to be the terror of the caves or some such...
That did count as a completed event.
Kerrik10463 6 posts
Has anyone had this happen? I will begin a mystery and the quest giver will just do nothing.
It has happened with multiple mysteries including: A New England and Rekindling.
In a New England the quest giver mentions following him but then does nothing. If I reload a save, right before it reloads, the quest giver will start to speak and love, but then the game reloads.
Same for Rekindling. I enter the house and the wife sits next to the husband. Neither speak. The quest cannot progress.
similarly in the quest to help the seventh son kill a wolf. He promptly died and ... nothing happened. Quest does not end. No dialogue.
I have also noticed that my crew no longer sings or tells stories.
Kerrik10463 6 posts
i have this problem as well. I would be interested to see if you also have problems with other events like I do. Such as quest givers not reacting to you once they give you the quest.
WPScorpionWind 5 posts
I am thinking this is along the lines of the issue I'm facing. I have only 12/13 mysteries right now and this is the only one I don't remember doing. I know a polar bear spawns near here as well as a triple wolf spawn, so my thinking is somehow the bear or wolves killed him and basically bugged the event entirely. I would like to get this region completed as this is the only thing I'm missing all together.
Matthew1994mor 2 posts
1) Some of the Mysteries in Norway are bugged out. The one in the port town where you brawl three people gets stuck when you win the fight, It forces me to move at a slow walk and will not progress the dialog beyond the guy calling a halt to the fight, but when i exit game the subtitles of the final guy you fight show up on the load screen asking if he won. No amount of reloading or restarting I do of my console fix it.
2) the quest involving the warrior wanting revenge on the warlock will not progress after the fight. Both of them died in the fight and the quest wont complete or give me any sort of lead on what to do next.
3) the crazy hermit living on a island that thinks he is in England wont move after the dialog with him asking if you want to be given a tour.
4) the Fly agaric gate puzzle wont complete or give me XP for solving the puzzle.
So far it seems to only be in Norway where the Mysteries is broken as I have had no trouble with the ones in England so far but I will keep a eye out. Any help with the problems i have had so far would be great. Have tried reloading and hard resting Xbox many times and none of that works.
Matthew1994mor 2 posts
Update: I found another one that I believe is broken. The one where you help a guy throw his stuff off the top of the mountain wont complete. He jumps and then nothing happens.
Bug in event story and drengr errant in norway After the fight i can't complete the mission
Bug norway second quest
Bug in 2 event story and drengr quest After the fight i can't complete the mission
Bug in all event story Mission i can't interact with the quest
kizza0721 63 posts
This section is for forum feedback, not bug reports.
thevalcrist1985 1 posts
Completed this quest and old man jumped off the edge. Quest marker is still there and mysteries count won't update. Cannot restart quest.
jcriderlpn 1 posts
Heck, I was wondering how to even bring a beast back to this guy to begin with! LOL
nimilas 1 posts
Some World Events are not completing and the markers are still on the map, including:
- Bring Me A Beast
- Old Man on the Edge
- The Rekindling
Also, this one World Event 'A New England' wouldn't continue after the initial cut scene conversation with Hysing.
Help! I tried going offline, fast travelling and restarting (as recommended), and reinstalling the game, but they still don't work right.
What else can I do to fix it? Or do I just need to wait for the update? If the latter, how long will it be?
Tolkyyn 53 posts
I'm probably spelling the name wrong and SPOILER ALERT
In a town in Norway that may be spelled Stavnger (there's no names on my map so it makes things VERY hard) Eivor finds a man who was at his/her home town when they were betrayed. She chases him to kill him, and every time she assassinates him, my PC crashes.
KoaNiolo 1 posts
This happened to me as well. Fell off the cliff soon after his event, reloaded at the top with his crates and without him. Unfortunately I didn't have a save I could load so I'm currently stuck unable to finish the event