Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yesin069
    Original poster 548 posts

Finally a great video from this guy where he critisizes something and stops from the showcase loop of microtransactions gear which looks "awesome":

Valhalla is reallly in an unfinished beta state even to this date. Essential features like gear stats, gear details, runes, audio design and inventory management still feel unfinished. These are deep and fundamental things in games that should be finished at launch and just need some balance patches afterwards but this is just unacceptable for a "finished" game.

Bot a single patch tried to fix these issues or even mentioned them. Valhalla really should have been released in November 2021 instead of last November.

The gear stats and rune stats aren't working at all and the audio mixing is severely faulted in it's fundaments. At this point I also don't think it ever will be fixed because these things are made when the full AC team is at work with their game. Now just smaller and different teams are working on patches, "free content" and story DLC's. It will need some major manpower and programming to fix those issues deep in the Engine because these things weren't finished at launch.

This is why we still see placeholder messages in detail pages for gear even at this point. They can't just flip a switch and fix those problems. The roadmap for Valhalla also didn't do them any favor in this regard because they are forced to push out these seasonal useless content while also try to fix these very difficult bugs. It took them 4 months to fix the avenge player problem which is a very small problem in relation to a fundamntal problem with numbers working in the background or the whole audio design of this game.

Also the PC performance will never be touched after the game is launched because the PC devs aren't involved at all at this point. They done their work and until version 1.0.4 the game ran well on PC but the live support team can't fix complex PC port problems. They just can make it worse (as they did) and this is it.

In conclusion: Don't expect any of those fundamental problems to get fixed! We will get our seasonal events, "free (meaningles) content, story DLC's and some quest bugfixes and this is it. The biug threads in this forum that talk about bad performance on PC, audio issues and stats not working will NEVER get there fixes. I would be happy if I am wrong here but those problems are just too deep in the game and would need some huge efforts to fix and these are things I don't see Ubisoft is willing to do. We are even at a point where they can sell us reskinned gear sets for real money and the people still buying.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• BruceHillRacing
    37 posts

I can simplify this greatly for you.

Valhalla is broken beyond repair, it has literally started off so badly that even after a further 2 years of development, I doubt it will touch how good Odyssey was at launch. And if River Raids is anything to go by for updates, then it will never get close to that even. Broken.

By the way they managed to fix the Helix store bug last week, still cant fish though.

• BJgobbleDix
    51 posts

@yesin069 I won't deny, I did have aspects of fun with the game but also zero denying it has flaws at a fundamental level which you touched on.

The whole hard cap irks me cuz it straight up is a slap in the face when you have gear that offers potential above this cap. Its virtually false advertising. Not only is Attack hard capped but so is Speed at 20 points above the base value of a weapon. Quite simply, all those people who ran Mentor set with dual Spears, stacking Attack and speed....yeah those were at best 50% worthless builds. Then you've got Surtur Sword and Sinner Skull.....just a mess

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics