Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Democrito71
    Original poster 8 posts

Hi! Appreciate the hot fix for garantied assassination bug, the shoulder bash ability still causes another major issue in my game, it have raised all enemies power level way beyond my level and are much harder to defeat. No matter if I level up my Eivor to the maximum or if I'm in low power leveled areas, the enemies and bosses alike, all of which have red skull icons to their health bars, are still between 60 to 120 power levels above Eivors own power level. The bug also rendered all bows to be useless since enemies won't die by headshots anymore, not even by a fully upgraded predator bow. Please support team, notify the Community Manager UBIQUB3 about this game breaking bug.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4115 posts

Hello there @Democrito71!

Thanks for taking the time to report this. Would you be able to provide us with some additional information about the enemy power levels for us?

• Just to confirm, are you at max skill level (406)? Or are you at a different level?
    • Which areas are you encountering "skull" rated enemies in? Is it all areas, or only certain ones?
    • What difficulty level is your game currently set to?
    • If you could provide us with a video where the enemies are marked with skulls in an area where you meet/exceed the recommended level, that would be helpful for the investigation.

Additionally, if you can send us a video that shows the predator bow isn't working as anticipated? We can then pass this along for a closer look as well.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Democrito71
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you for replying so quickly!
    So after 4h of making the video on the PS4 specifically for you and the support team I've finally made my first unlisted video ever.

On to business, I'm currently at level 191 and have not visited any areas above power level 190 so I can't tell whether the problem is everywhere or not, I do assume the problem is also present in areas above power level 190. In all areas from Norway to Jorvik, all enemies, animals, birds, snakes and so on, almost every hostile/non hostile npc have a skull icon except for a few which you'll see in the video.

My current setting is on Vikingr.

In the video below, I've upgraded the predator bow to mythical to showcase the issues with it. Close to the end of the video, I discovered another issue the the bows where fire significantly lowered the predator bows damage. I also tested to increase my power level from 191 to 353 to see if there were any differences with the bow damage and wether the red skulls would still be on enemies health-bar between the two power levels or not.

The areas I tested in were in Ravensthorpe, Ledecestreshire, Grantebridgeshire, Lunden, Jorvik and Fornburg.
    The issue are also present in all other areas and I suspect the problem is also present in areas higher than power level 190.

While I'm at it now I finally managed to contact you Support Staff @ubi-borealis, I would like to point out this quality issue with clothing physics that I think and hope the team fixing all the bugs and glitches will fix this quality of life improvement this beautiful game desirably needs.
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/96040/add-clothing-physics-on-all-character-models?lang=en-US

undefined

• Ubi-Borealis

You're welcome, @Democrito71! Thank you for taking the time to record a video for us as well. This is really helpful for the investigation! I appreciate you taking the time to showcase various locations for us as well. I've passed this video, along with the reports you've made about the high-enemy level and low-bow damage to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

If we require any further information from you, we will reach out within this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for future updates.

Thanks for sharing that thread about cloth physics as well. I'll take a closer look at this and reach out to you over in that thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Democrito71
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-borealis I'm glad to hear my feedback is helpful! Before I forget, the high enemy level bug also affect all weapon types at random. Sometimes enemies die like flies, other times they have much higher health that it takes longer to defeat them, even when using mythical weapons against them.

Please, do reach out if you have further questions 😊

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for providing that extra bit of information about affected weapons for us, @Democrito71! Out of curiousity, do you regularly swap out your weapons, or do you have a specifc set of weapons you use consistently (such as a certain fine axe or bow?

Just to confirm, would you be able to let us know what your combat level difficulty is set to (skald, vikingr, berserkr, drengr)?

Thanks!

Official Response
  • Democrito71
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-borealis I regularly switch between different weapons and bows and the combat level difficulty is set on Vikingr

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for that additional information about your game difficulty and weapon use, @Democrito71. I'll add this onto your report.

If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for future updates.

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • Democrito71
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi! Have played the game after the recent update and it didn't fix this unusual bug, sadly.
    So I tested on increasing my level(power level 191), on level at a time while aiming a bow at a regular enemy in the town of Lincolnshire(power level 160), to see when the enemies went from Red skulls to white dots on their health bars. so after I reached power level 275, almost all enemies had white dots on their health bars except for a few who had red dots instead. I went to several different areas to see if this "fix" had fixed most of my issues and it mostly did. I think the shoulder bash bug increased all enemy levels to/around 275. The areas I haven't been to yet to test is Snotinghamshire, Hamtungshire, Winchester, Hordafylke, Vinland and Jotumheim.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Democrito71!

I've checked in on the investigation taking place with the reports you made (suddenly high-levelled enemies and lower bow power), and the development team is still taking a closer look at these. It's possible that your low bow power is linked to the enemies suddenly being a much higher level. Have you been able to test if you're able to kill enemies by a headshot once they no longer have the red skull icon?

Thank you for letting us know about your additional testing, and that the enemies appear to be around the power level 275 mark. I've let the development team know this information. It's possible this may be higher in other regions, as I know the enemy difficulty should increases as you progress through the regions. Once you're able to visit these areas, would you be able to let us know if the skulls appear again when you're at power level 275?

Please don't feel as if you need to rush through these areas for testing purposes. If you happen to visit once of these places, it would be useful to know if the enemies continue to scale up or if they stay stuck at the 275 power level.

If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, concerns or updates to share with us.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics