Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yesin069
    Original poster 554 posts

As expected: Title Update 1.2.0 will be released probably at the 16th of march and then the time-limited seasonal spring event will start at the 18th of march! Expect a size of around 7-9 GB and patch notes in the evening hours of the 15th of march!

Hopefully this will fix huge quest-related bugs and implement inventory improvements and a visual customization system.

Let's wait and see what new bugs await us...

undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• IrishGamer50789
    26 posts

@yesin069 I take back my doubts bud.. You were right fair play

• Yesin069

@dalywonder

Sadly Ubisoft acts like a robot, so you can be sure when they release their patches. This would be great if Valhalla would have launched with very few bugs and every patch would have added great content.

This isnt the case as we all know, so Ubisoft should go out of their usual formulaic and business-as-usual plans and release more patches at different times that not anybody can expect. Great publishers would delay everything until the big bugs are fixed and release those patches week after week. Ubisoft is just acting here like Valhalla had a flawles launch and nobody had any huge problems.

The saddest part is the missing communication because i would forgive those slow update cycles if they actually tell us what is going on in their heads? Why do they follow their roadmap like it is their bible and dont react dynamically to circumstances like a buggy game and Covid? For me it feels like they just do not care one single bit about anything. They are just doing their patches and content as planned and release them even filled with bugs to reach every milestone. Sadly not a single milestone for Valhalla was reached...the release version was buggy as hell, any new content was bugged as hell and new patches introduced major new bugs...cant they see that there is a little problem at the moment and that not everything is working like planned and that the patches should be smaller and more focussed and tested?

• Kormac67
    737 posts

@yesin069 The problem is not the slow releasing of patches but rather that they fix way too little. Often not even the fixes in the changelog are actually implemented (but crossed off the todo list, sure).
    More patches wouldn't help. They follow their roadmap and fix a little here and there, often less than they introduce with the patches.
    New features are released obviously unfinished, like the missing wealth icons on the river raid map or the horrible Yule feast.
    Just sad.

• Yesin069

@kormac67

And they are also pretty fast with fixing XP or silver glitches. At least these are points in the changelog that we cann all expect 100%. Every new glitch will surely be "fixed" with the next patch but not every new bug...This raises some questions in my head if Ubisoft is more after exploits that anyone should have the option to use or not to use in a singleplayer game. But who would even care buying the time saving packages then...?

Just look at the known issues page and see the issues that are still there since launch and new once that are still under investigation instead of fixed for this upcoming patch.

• Yesin069
  • luigispcrew
    76 posts

15 gb and still no big flat fish and big mackerel. Is this a joke??

• Kormac67
    737 posts

@yesin069 Oh boy...
    Nothing about frame rate issue on PC.
    Like 30 "fixes" for river raids but nothing about balancing the JVs who are as flimsy as wet tissue.
    But we can search for easter eggs, yay.

• Yesin069

@kormac67

At least tehy fixed MSI voice commands on PC...I am so happy about this fix, you can't imagine my happiness...

Also they mentioned Skadi's Blade in the patch notes which was a weapon leaked by data miners and still nobody knows how to get this weapon. Maybe another secret...

And sadly no inventory redesign or filter options...at least we got a closer camera, which we could alreade get on PC with simple .ini tweaks, so this feature was already in the game and they try to sell this as "something new".

Hopefully transmog works great (even if it costs silver and i dont know why the hell they decided to do that), and the physics got improved. The patch notes say that the physics should behave better when climbing steps so hopefully they done a little bit more...

• AlphaGoose46219
    158 posts

What a Update! No brewing storm fix, big mackerel or flatfish, but we get a exiting event: LETS FIND EGGS!
    Can't believe this is a 18+ Viking game! (oooooh of course, it's UBI-soft)

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@alphagoose46219

i am afraid this festival lets us collect tokens for another reskin through silly repeatable activities.

Why does this festival only last till 8th of april though and why not the entire 3 months that the Ostara season is active

• Yesin069

@asgardian02

This is beyond any understanding...

I would prefer if those events where actually integrated into the main narrative and happen at certain story points instead of making them time-limited.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@yesin069

not sure that would work very well. Then i could be something you would have to finish before the story could actually move on again.

• Yesin069

@asgardian02

Than they should make those events toggable. When I want the Yule festival after the actual Yule time, I just talk to an NPC and the settlement will be decorated, snowy and the two quests will be playable at any time.

Every approach is better than the one they are using right now. Valhalla is no game that i will replay every year or play for ohne whole year to see all events. So let us play this events whenever we want. This is still a singleplayer game with no endgame so it should be treated like one.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@yesin069

that would be a good option too.

GAAS doesnt fit ac games, especially since they are not making any endgame content, without endgame keeping us in the game makes zero sense

• Kormac67
    737 posts

@yesin069 Well I like the event concept. Three weeks spring fest is nice. (And not the end of the world if you miss it.)

• Yesin069

@kormac67

It is hell for completionists like me who want everything in a singleplayer game that is possible to obtain without real money. I want to enjoy singleplayer games in my own pace and deinstall them when i finished them. I dont like time-limited events with quests at all but everyone can think different in this regard.

• Mighty_Otyugh
    1 posts

@luigispcrew 100% agree. This is ridiculous. But we have more cats, which are not needed for anything. And there are no foxes spawning un Lunden... Who cares!?!?

Suggested Topics