Coppergate Market distrust area in Jorvik1 Likes/10 Replies/98 Views
So, I completed the Jorvik and Eurviscscire arcs. Recsige is dead, Halfdan is king. Eivor is member of the council together with Hjorr. The guards in Coppergate Market are gone as the Red Hand is gone from the city. Why is Coppergate Market still a distrust area?
There are several negative results to keeping the distrust area:
1) it breaks story immersion storywise
2) Eivor puts on her cloak, after which I have to manually take it off again every single time I pass through the area, which is also on the route between the harbor and the bridge connecting to the Royal Hall
3) When I do take off my cloak in the distrust area because there are no guards, random people start screaming about fleeing and other things. They don't actually flee, but they start screaming as if I just killed a guard.
Storywise and gameplay wise it's a lot nicer if the distrust area in Jorvik would be gone after the Red Hand is also completely gone and Eivor is a council member, so is allowed everywhere (Jorvik arc). It should definitely not be there after Halfdan becomes king, as with Recsige's death, all but every dark/bad figure is gone from Jorvik, and most definitely from Coppergate Market.
Thank you for listening to my plea!
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Mark. 2140 posts
Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
I just checked it for you and it seems that we haven't received similar reports so far. Are you able to provide us with a short video of this instance, so we can pass it along to the development team for further review? Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.
@ubi-mark I definitely can.
Note that 1) Eivor doesn't put on her cloak actually, that's due to Mari Lwyd disguise from Glowecestrescire, so that's not related to the bug. She normally puts on her cloak on her own when entering the area.
2) As you can see/hear, the people start screaming about fleeing the moment they see Eivor in the area without her hood on.
As the area doesn't need to be there anymore storywise, it be very much appreciated if it can be removed upon completing the Jorvik arc.
Here's the video:
Hello there @Kennyannydenny!
I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein Coppergate Market showed as a distrust area should be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update was deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.
If you are still encountering issues with Coppergate Market following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:
- You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
- The issue still occuring in-game.
@ubi-borealis I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes. What did they actually do/fix?
I downloaded the latest update, and the distrust area is still there, and when I take off the disguise people are still screaming.
I'm not sure what I should check if it's working or not, and I see nothing changed and I don't know what the devs intended to do about this problem.
Thanks for updating us, @Kennyannydenny. I'm sorry to hear that the area remains as a distrust zone.
Not every issue fixed will be explicitly mentioned in the patch notes, though we had confirmation from the development team that this specific issue should have been resolved. Would you be able to send us a video that shows you have TU 1.2.1. installed and that the area is a distrust zone?