Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Jester95_
    Original poster 5 posts

Is anyone else still having issues finding fish? I have no luck finding flat big fish or small sturgeon. Every time i find a small sturgeon its like they dont exist, same for big flat fish. And it seems like every time i find one, i bring it in and the size changes to regular. Im not sure if its my ps4 or what, i tried every location they would spawn at and no luck at all.

It also seems like bream are just in ever spot possible, almost like theyre the only costal fish to catch.

I dont know whats going on, but im losing it trying to find fish still.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@jester95_ Small sturgeon do exist. There are a couple spots to get them, but the best spot seems to be near the Rouecistre Blockade in Cent. If you travel up river from the blockade you will find a ruined aqueduct at the river's edge. Between the blockade and that ruined aqueduct is where I have gotten the small sturgeon. Also, if you check out this thread:

Unable to find big Flatfish/Mackerel and small Halibut/Sturgeon while fishing | POST HERE | Ubisoft Forums

you will find some videos showing this location and how to catch the small sturgeon. One method that I find works for me is to use photo mode. I hate photo mode, but for this it works well. After you highlight the fish with Odin's Sight immediately go into photo mode. You can then look around and get closer to the fish to tell what kind of fish they are. The small sturgeon swim in groups of 5.

As to the big flatfish, they are currently unavailable in the game. This is also true, apparently, for the big mackerel in Norway. Ubisoft is aware and working to correct the issue.

• Kream
    42 posts

@jester95_ Sorry to hear your frustration. I'm sure devs know the state of fishing and will do or are doing something about it. I guess, so far, it just isn't their priority. Let's have some more patience and see where our next update goes.

• O-E-Smith
    18 posts

@jcar4327 can confirm what he said.

Fish between the half stone bridge (covered with a grass on top) and the fort/blockade at Rouecistre. Just caught 10 of the little blighters near the broken stone bridge there.

I swear I've had two Big Flatfish on my line off the coast of Cent & Essex but it seems impossible to reel them in.

Never seen a Big Mackerel.

• Jester95_
    Original poster 5 posts

@o-e-smith Markle i got lucky with, i juat went out on a boat and just picked a spot and fished till one spawned. It to about and hour or so

Quick edit, wasnt markle...i do apologize

• Jester95_
    Original poster 5 posts

@karlin yeah i hope so..Frustration builds up pretty quickly..

• Jester95_
    Original poster 5 posts

@jcar4327 ill give that a try next, dam i thought they patched the issue with the big fish, wish me luck ill give the location you mentioned a try

• Jester95_
    Original poster 5 posts

@jcar4327 and found the small sturgeon..which is odd..technically thats not a coast at all xD

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@jester95_ The little flyer thing you buy from Yanli does actually say "rivers and seas" for the sturgeon. I can't say I have found a big one in the rivers, but definitely small and regular. Glad you wee able to find them. At this point I am only waiting for the big flatfish and mackerel issue to be fixed. Hopefully they will be able to fix it this patch.

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@o-e-smith Thanks for catching that the aqueduct is actually a bridge. I never really paid that close attention to it, but you made me have to go look. I will have to correct my description for future posts.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics