Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kennyannydenny
    Original poster 121 posts

So, i've done two different contracts in the game on two different days. Both lead me to kill a predator (a wild boar) near the Temple of Pluto in Lincolnscire.

If the target spawns there, it constantly spawns within a rock, being stuck, difficult to target. Today it's the mission Contract: Predator's Attack.

When the boar is killed, you cannot actually confirm its death because it's inside the rock. You'll have to save, quit to main menu, and reload the save so the corpse spawns on the rock itself, instead of in it. Pretty annoying.

The screenshots below show the exact rock the contract targets keep spawning in. The other shows the exact location of the objective on the map.

undefined

undefined

undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Skyblueaqua
    2 posts

I went to kill the beast to find it was stuck inside a rock, I killed it with my great sword but could not confirm my kill, I just really want my reward, help me please Image

• angelspitz
    6 posts

The boar is stuck inside a rock. You can kill it but you cannot confirm kill.

undefined

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 782 posts

Hello to you both! I sincerely apologise that we did not reply to your reports of this issue until now. The boar spawning inside the rock for this Contract "Control Nuisance" is certainly not ideal, and I'll do what I can to get this looked into further!

First of all, would either of you be able to provide a video demonstrating the boar inside the rock for the Contract, if it happens to come back around / you have it in your quest log currently? Additionally, do you happen to remember the location you were sent to where this occurred? It would be helpful to know the specific region and rough area if possible.

Finally, if either of you are on PC or PS4, it would be much appreciated if you could take the time to submit your affected save file via a support case. If you have issues when trying to open one, I can do so for you, and then direct you from there if you need it.

Thank you very much for your help in advance! 🙂

Official Response
  • FireForkTS
    11 posts

Reda gives out a quest to kill an animal every day. I've had it happen a few times now where the animal spawns inside a boulder and cannot be killed or looted.

I've added the location on the map, so perhaps the spawn point can be moved outside of the rock. I've had the same problem... at the same rock a few times now. Once on December 23, 2020... and now again January 22, 2021.

I've tried loading back to Ravensthorphe and travelling back... but the pig is still in the rock. I've reloaded an older save from the same day (probably 30 minutes ago) and the location of the quest has now changed, as has the animal from boar to wolf. The wolf was accessible and killable for the quest reward.

That boar's location just doesn't work though... whenever it's there, it seems to be stuck in the rock and inaccessible.

undefinedundefined

• SixSeaaMonkey
    3 posts

Three times now I have tried to complete Reda's contract to kill a boar near the Temple of Pluto and each time the boar is present but materialised inside a rock. It's possible to kill it but impossible to confirm the kill as the marker is now inside the rock. PS4.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@sixseaamonkey I've experienced the same (on PC), but I was able to complete the quest after reloading a savegame and making sure I didn't kill the animal while it was inside the rock.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

I get this too. As hroozenbeek said, reload a previous save and you should be directed to a Wolf.

• SixSeaaMonkey
    3 posts

@vanadiumcobalt @HROOZENBEEK

Yup, agreed. I saved it and loaded it and the boar appeared out of the rock, and I was able to dispatch it and claim the kill.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@sixseaamonkey

reload should do it

• WildHunt
    67 posts

@fireforkts This is still happening...

• B00MSIE
    310 posts

@wildhunt

If you see that an object is stuck in a rock or tree etc don’t kill it. Fast travel to the nearest point and travel back. This will solve it.

It does not only happen with the Reda missions. I encountered this feature on release day.

• WildHunt
    67 posts

@b00msie I appreciate the help, that doesn't work for some reason with this pig, it is like its spawn is inside the rock. I did get it sorted though, I went to one of redas minions up north and he gave me to same quest but localized to that town, which was a bear, no glitches, nice and easy opal!

• Kennyannydenny
    Original poster 121 posts

Here's a video:

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

Every time I get The Deadly Beast contract for Lincolnscire the boar spawns in a rock and I can’t confirm the kill. It’s happened about a dozen times already. Killing it then closing the game and restarting changes the location to a spot further north and then I can complete it. But it’s annoying taking those extra steps to work around something that should have been fixed by now. I’m playing on a PS5. I do have video but don’t know how to post it here.

• Dasher222
    19 posts

@whocares78
    Been happening to me every single time. It's pretty rare that I will ever pick up this mission and the boar won't be spawned in the rock.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@whocares78 So this time when I got further north, the wolves are floating over my head. I can’t hit them with a weapon or an arrow. The confirm kill prompt appears but doesn’t do anything.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@dasher222 Same. The only time it didn’t spawn inside the rock it actually merged with it when I killed it.

• JCar4327
    612 posts

This is the second time I have had this happen with Reda's contact 'Dangerous Prey'. I am sent to a location next to a pond in Lincolnscire, at the Temple of Pluto site. The pig is stuck in the rock and if you kill it you cannot confirm the kill to get the opal reward.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

trying to do a reda daily quest, ended up like this :s u can still load another save file to change the mission.. but this is the second time a got this bug in the same spot

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics