Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@sixseaamonkey I've experienced the same (on PC), but I was able to complete the quest after reloading a savegame and making sure I didn't kill the animal while it was inside the rock.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

I get this too. As hroozenbeek said, reload a previous save and you should be directed to a Wolf.

• SixSeaaMonkey
    3 posts

@vanadiumcobalt @HROOZENBEEK

Yup, agreed. I saved it and loaded it and the boar appeared out of the rock, and I was able to dispatch it and claim the kill.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@sixseaamonkey

reload should do it

• WildHunt
    85 posts

@fireforkts This is still happening...

• B00MSIE
    373 posts

@wildhunt

If you see that an object is stuck in a rock or tree etc don’t kill it. Fast travel to the nearest point and travel back. This will solve it.

It does not only happen with the Reda missions. I encountered this feature on release day.

• WildHunt
    85 posts

@b00msie I appreciate the help, that doesn't work for some reason with this pig, it is like its spawn is inside the rock. I did get it sorted though, I went to one of redas minions up north and he gave me to same quest but localized to that town, which was a bear, no glitches, nice and easy opal!

• Kennyannydenny
    Original poster 142 posts

Here's a video:

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

Every time I get The Deadly Beast contract for Lincolnscire the boar spawns in a rock and I can’t confirm the kill. It’s happened about a dozen times already. Killing it then closing the game and restarting changes the location to a spot further north and then I can complete it. But it’s annoying taking those extra steps to work around something that should have been fixed by now. I’m playing on a PS5. I do have video but don’t know how to post it here.

• Dasher222
    19 posts

@whocares78
    Been happening to me every single time. It's pretty rare that I will ever pick up this mission and the boar won't be spawned in the rock.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@whocares78 So this time when I got further north, the wolves are floating over my head. I can’t hit them with a weapon or an arrow. The confirm kill prompt appears but doesn’t do anything.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@dasher222 Same. The only time it didn’t spawn inside the rock it actually merged with it when I killed it.

• JCar4327
    626 posts

This is the second time I have had this happen with Reda's contact 'Dangerous Prey'. I am sent to a location next to a pond in Lincolnscire, at the Temple of Pluto site. The pig is stuck in the rock and if you kill it you cannot confirm the kill to get the opal reward.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

trying to do a reda daily quest, ended up like this :s u can still load another save file to change the mission.. but this is the second time a got this bug in the same spot

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@karloz1995 Ah yes, I posted about that very quest bug a couple of weeks ago. It happens to me every single time a Reda quest send me after that boar. So probably about three times a week since the game came out. I found that if you can actually kill the boar, exit the game and restart, then the quest will move a little further north and you’ll usually have to take out two wolves. At least they don’t spawn in a boulder. It’s gotten to be annoyingly not even worth the 5 opal.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@jcar4327 Hello there! Thanks for reaching out with this, sorry to hear about it occurring. I'd like to see if you're able to grab a video showing this happening, as I'd be happy to have a closer look at things!

Official Response
  • Kennyannydenny
    Original poster 142 posts

@ubi-wan I've reported this bug a long while ago already.

Here you go: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/94776/predator-stuck-in-rock-during-contract-missions

Complete with video and screenshots 🙂 If you need more info, lemme know 👍

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@ubi-wan Here’s another post from the other day. @karloz1995 also included a video.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/96019/daily-reda-quest-bug

• JCar4327
    626 posts

@ubi-wan I don't have a video of this occurring, but it appears others have posted videos. The only thing I have is a screenshot of the location, but that is definitely the Temple of Pluto.

• basel19751224
    53 posts

Same thing happened with me last time
    then i reloaded my latest auto save then the target get changed for nearby wolfs so i was able to finish the contract
    next time happens with you just reload an earlier auto save or just take the contracts from a different reda agent 🙂

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics