Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• NickiChaos
    Original poster 1 posts

1. They're level gated behind a level that takes 25 hours of story & side mission grinding to get to yet are on the world map by default in low level areas when you're not ready for them. This should never happen. If you're going to put a level gate on an enemy, put that enemy in a level appropriate area.

2. They require one specific skill in one of 3 skill trees to be unlocked (slow time on perfect dodge) for the player to have any hope of killing them with the combat difficulty set on anything other than easy. This is especially not okay when the whole point of skill trees in RPGs is to allow the player to play the game how they want to. Forcing the player to use any skill to kill bosses is [censored] and broken.

3. They scale in level with the player. This is probably the most egregious of design choices that Ubisoft could have made. They changed Assassin's Creed from a semi-stealth action game to an RPG. The whole point of level grinding in an RPG is to be able to become more powerful than the enemies in the game. If those enemies scale with the player, what's the point of leveling up in the first place? Anyone who has complained that enemies don't scale doesn't understand RPGs well enough to understand this. At the very least, there should be a gameplay option to turn enemy scaling on or off.

4. They don't telegraph their attack chains early enough for the player to react in a reasonable amount of time. I know some will probably disagree with this, but hear me out. Basically there are blockable (no-flash or yellow-flash) or unblockable (red-flash) attacks. Red attacks are telegraphed but the player is only given a VERY small window to dodge, however, the problem is that more often than not the red attack which was telegraphed is chained with another unblockable attack that isn't telegraphed. Unblockable attacks should only ever be a single attack, not an entire attack chain. They should either be used by enemies on their own or be the end of another blockable attack chain. Yellow attacks have the same problem, they're telegraphed but can be blocked or parried, but the issue is the follow up chain attack either being untelegraphed to the attack is too quick to dogde or parry. No flash attacks are the worst. They have the telegraph time of chain attacks which are barely telegraphed and give the player next to no time to dodge or parry. Oh, and parrying no-flash attacks are the ONLY way for the player to stagger bosses and get any sort of decent chain damage in.

5. They are constantly, and I mean C.O.N.S.T.A.N.T.L.Y. healing themselves with infinite heals. It's okay if bosses have a limited number of heals they can do on themselves (because players can heal themselves too, but not infinitely). However, if bosses don't run out of heals, there's a problem. A big one. This heavily unbalances the gameplay against bosses. Imagine if the player had infinite heals that did not consume any kind of resource. How broken and unbalanced would the gameplay be?

6. Bosses have infinite stamina. This is the same balance problem as the infinite heals. If a boss can infinitely spam heavy attacks without getting winded, but the player gets as winded as an asthmatic fat kid who's trying to run a marathon immediately after eating an entire chocolate cake, there's an imbalance problem there that needs to be addressed.

7. Speaking of infinite stamina, they also have infinite stance/poise/whatever after you've parried away their yellow bar and done a stun attack on them (clicking right joystick). Parrying yellow or no flash attacks after you've already done a stun attack will not give you another opportunity for another stun attack to deal massive damage. This defeats the purpose of the combat design and once again unbalances/breaks the gameplay.

8. They cannot be assassinated. I get it, they're bosses and one-shotting a boss takes the challenge away. However, because of all the other [censored] listed above, they should not be immune to an assassination knocking off 1/4 to 1/3 of their health bar to even the odds for the player. There's also a setting in the gameplay options that allows assassination on ALL enemies, but this still does not apply to bosses and is misleading.

9. They interfere with story missions. Since they roam the map constantly, I get how they could mingle into a story mission. However, this circles back to the issue of them being level gated. I was doing a mission where I had to chase a queen who passed herself off as a hand-maiden (sorry, names and places are completely forgettable in this game) which is a low level story mission. I think I was power level 30 at the time. Along comes a level 90 Zealot roaming the area who made me fail the mission over and over again until I cheesed the entire end of the mission by distracting the Zealot with my longship and sneaking WAY THE HELL around him to nab the queen and run away. If the programming were smart enough to despawn the Zealot when a story objective came into the area, I wouldn't have had this problem. I also imagine this is not how the dev team envisioned players actually playing this game.

10. There's no easy way to locate them without a guide or info from people who have already found them. You basically have to wander around the entirety of the map to find them. Normally, when there's targets you need to kill in ANY game, you're given an idea of where to find the target. Not these guys. You don't get to know where they are, nor can you send scouts to search because that mechanic wasn't thought of. This is particularly a stupid design choice because they are required to kill in order for the player to see the whole story.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts

I agre but not when you say tgaty need rallenty Dodge.

No, i kill all at dreng difficulty withouth unlock tgis skill and withouth using ability.

BUT , agree that are broken.

Animation and hitbox are the real problem.

Zelot doesn' t have good animation, thay pass from a stunned pose to an attack pose withouth do an animation called "transition animation".
    They can "fly" over the ground with big track on your pg, curving during attack animation.

So hitbox, i used all the time parry: you can see the parry "effect" before weapon collide with you.
    Or you can see damage on you before weapon hit you, because hitbox are totally broken and are like weapon have one meters of pixel around the sword that damage you.

Theese are a bit problem, because give zelot an unfair power .🤬🤬🤬

Suggested Topics

Community Details