Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Steak_59
    Original poster 12 posts

We need more ways to earn opal. I do the daily and weekly along with the Challenges, but always fall short of purchasing things from Reda.

Suggestions :

1. Place extra throughout the map for those of us that have completely covered all areas.
    2. Let Reda hold and offer more missions.
    3. Have added missions to be able to pic up from Reda's helpers.
    4. More Challenges.
    5. Pay more out for existing Missions or Challenges.

Thanx for taking the time to read and consider.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Steak_59
    Original poster 12 posts

Doing the math I found that if you do all Reda missions and all Challenges, you are only able to earn 70 Opal per week. This weeks top priced item is the Bald Eagle at a price of 150 Opal.

It should be possible to see an item you want and have the ability to work hard and gain that item I would think. At current standings you can not start from nothing and earn the higher priced items much less more than 1 item.

• WhoCares78
    105 posts

@steak_59 That’s the point though. Ubisoft doesn’t want you to be able to get things from Reda. They want you to come up short on opals or just run out all together. They actually want you to buy it from the helix store. The opals you get are supposed to bring you just close enough to what you want that you cave in and get the items from the store. Notice how you won’t be able to get all five pieces of an armor set from Reda. There’s always one or two pieces that you’ll have to buy from the helix store. That’s also why they offer settlement, ship and tattoo cosmetics at Reda’s market. To further water down any chance that the things that you might actually want will rotate through.

• Steak_59
    Original poster 12 posts

@whocares78
    Thanx for the input.

No way to argue that point at all. The only thing it does for me in the end, is not want to play further at all, and move to another game. Guess we'll see how whatever strategy is chose plays out.

• MstrTarvos
    58 posts

I agree that having the ability to earn more would be great, am I to take it for granted that you have picked up all the ones in the world? If not you might consider getting the map of opal locations.

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@steak_59 Your math is off. It's 10/day for Reda contracts, 20 for Reda weekly contract, 10 for the community challenge, and 20 for the other 4 weekly challenges. That should add up to 120 per week, which would allow you to purchase two small 50 opal items/week, 1 medium 120 opal item/week, or save up and purchase a big 150 opal item every other week.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@steak_59

why does everything need to evolve around the stupid helix store.

I much rather would so other activities in the game. Just playing a game in order to collect stuff from the helix store isnt a good motivator for me anyway.
    But yeah thats whats Valhalla is all about anyway

• Steak_59
    Original poster 12 posts

@mstrtarvos Yes, in looking at my stats I have gathered a total of 1874 Opals, and have checked and re-checked the Opal maps.

• Steak_59
    Original poster 12 posts

@jcar4327 My math was off agreed. I still don't care for the fact that those of us that don't mind to work for more, can't go from zero to what we would like to attain by putting in the work. What would it hurt to add missions from the helpers scattered around the map?

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@steak_59 While I definitely agree with you as I have posted in other threads about this subject I also understand that Ubisoft is a business that is trying to make money; they cannot give away everything for free. I especially believe you should have the ability to purchase at least one big item from the store per week, or choose to split up your opals for the smaller items. I would much rather have the loot boxes back because I had a pretty decent drop rate from them in Odyssey; but, thanks to people crying about them being gambling, they took those away.

• Steak_59
    Original poster 12 posts

@jcar4327 Agree 100%

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics