Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

To start with i didnt expect much. I just dont understand how Odyssey had such an awesome transmog system and then in their next installments of the series its absent only to later be added and once more be a massive downgrade instead of upgrade ๐Ÿ˜ž

So in odyssey you had a ton op options and many of these had to be unlocked through out the game giving you multiple options: leather/iron/bronze/copper etc various looks of the same item.
    This is not the case for valhalla.

Also when changing items you see an empty model making it super hard to properly mix and match gear as you cant see how it all matched together until you have left the blacksmith. Why have they done this?
    Seriously how will i know if certain pants will match the chest piece and or a cloak and what not if the model displaying the new gear is totally blacked out and shows only the items your about to change????

Also they charge 50 silver for every single change you apply.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02

also we cant turn the model around for some reason.

Yeah this feature adds zero joy.

1st your forced to talk to the blacksmith, then have to navigate through the menu, select an item, leave the blacksmith, see if it looks good, if not rinse and repeat.
    If after some time you want to change your look, you have to go through all that again.

Making this feature really annoying instead of something fun.

Also why didnt they add a ton of new looks, just as it was with Odyssey?

Why couldnt this be part of the game upon release if there isnt anything special to it ๐Ÿ˜ž

Ah well, i am starting to get irritated about this game again, time to remove it once more. Cant find the ostara festival anywhere in the village either.

• SuchRiots
    6 posts

@asgardian02 Pretty sure the festival goes live on the 18th. It wouldn't surprise me if they hold back the transmog from release on purpose. It gives them something to offer to buy them some time for other delays etc.

• thegardener25
    76 posts

@Asgardian02 I maybe wrong, & if I am, then I apologise! But weren't you one of those guys that complained about not being able to equip the Vinland gear, outside of Vinland? Didn't you think it was a cool looking gear set? Anyhow, I've got the Vinland gear look over the Raven set & I think I'll keep it for a while, so it's ok as far as I'm concerned & 50 silver per item is peanuts, right?

Also the Ostara festival doesn't begin until this thursday I think? READ THE PATCH NOTES!

• SuchRiots
    6 posts

Can't wait to see if the festival is as buggy as the Yule one was... ugh

• Asgardian02

@suchriots

if your reading my post, the transmog system is live, how else could i have otherwise written my findings about the matter?

• SuchRiots
    6 posts

if your reading my post, the transmog system is live, how else could i have otherwise written my findings about the matter?

Not sure what you are referring to here because I know the transmog system is live today after patching. The update arrives today (it hasn't yet for my xbox though). While the transmog system comes active today, I was referring to Ubisoft holding it back from the initial game release back in October/November when the game came out. While the game updates, bugfixes and transmog system are live now, the festival itself does not start until the 18th as stated in the patch notes.

• Asgardian02

@suchriots

you wrote: "It wouldn't surprise me if they hold back the transmog from release on purpose." so i guess thats where the misunderstanding happend.

• SuchRiots
    6 posts

@asgardian02 That was meant to be from the game release, not update release.

• AlphaGoose46219
    132 posts

@asgardian02 Here was a chance to make people happy, it still must have a bit of nasty taste!
    50 silver is peanuts, yes but why?
    Why not use the Odessey transmog?
    We can better stop asking for bug fixing, improvements, this is a linear game with no space / time for fixes and customer wishes.
    Support doesn't exist, they are just a one direction filter!

• Yesin069
    457 posts

I would prefer if transmog would be free but the system is solid and enough for me. It is also great that we can downgrade gear and get items back but this is even more costly. But as there aren't many gear sets, we possibly won't use transmog often. I just used it to get the looks from the superior Raven armor back and will never use it again.

Also I like that they added a filter option to the inventory. Now finally let multiple runes stack instead of filling the whole inventory with the same runes...

• Yesin069
    457 posts

Also to add: The new camera is a joke!

They just used the same camera as when using the cloak. Also the same camera sensitivity which is annoying as hell because the camera moves very slow. This seems like a feature done by an ameteur in 10 minutes. Bad work and needs more polish...

• Smrtiak.SVK
    105 posts

"Do not cry a little baby, go get some milk...." It is just saying but now it looks pretty accurate... Sure it is not like in Odyssey, gues why you genius, this is not an Odyssey! It is totaly different game from different studio. Also how you can see there is not so many armour sets like in Odyssey, so there can not be so many items in transmog system, obviously, it is really not so hard to find out.... Whatever, game is awesome, hoard maps are finally fixed also, now is time to find Skadi`s blade...

• Smrtiak.SVK
    105 posts

@yesin069 lol ๐Ÿ˜„ I turn on that feature, and it is an awesome. For seeing your game avatar more detailed, that was my secret dream and it is out! It is mostly a graphic feature, lol. Yeah, when you are playing with GTX 1050 it is mostly pointless I think ๐Ÿ˜„ Try to get some RTX graphic card and you will see a difference...

• Yesin069
    457 posts

@smrtiak-svk

If I was able to play RDR2 with locked 60 fps than Valhalla should be no problem and there should be no need in upgrading anything in my PC for this game...it would make sense to upgrade the PC for RDR2 because it looks better but it also runs better...

PS: Look at signature and you see I have an RTX card...

• Alekero
    3 posts

@asgardian02
    Since there MUUUCH less armor stuff than in Odyssey i just stick to carolings gear (not much fan of leather and fur). And yeah Valhalla's transmog sux hard.

• Smrtiak.SVK
    105 posts

@yesin069 RDR2? ๐Ÿ˜„ You mean that game when you are moving so slowly that it is total annoying? I do not like that game... So, I do not understand what is wrong with that new feature, for me it is working good...

• Asgardian02

@alekero

dont you remember that when the transmog system arrived in Odyssey they just added a ton a free stuff and looks along with it?
    That you for bracers and every piece you could selecte if you wanted a: copper/bronze/iron or gold look atc and that those looks change the appearance slightly or even the color.

Why cant we rotate the display model, why doesnt the display model show the other armor types so its far easier to decide wether its a good fit etc.

Why is this system complicated for no good reason.

• Yesin069
    457 posts

@smrtiak-svk

The close camera also works for me but they just used the camera model when you toggle your cape on in regular play. You can tell this because the same issues appear now in this close camera mode. This big issue for me is the slowed down camera response.

Try set your x and y responses to something like 8 and move around the camera with the normal camera mode. Than toggle the hood on and see how slow your camera reacts when you try to look around fast. I like to be able to have the same camera sensibility with and without hood because this change annoys me a lot. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• KnightofTara
    12 posts

I am not really going to say anything that hasn't been said already but good lord! 50 silver every transmog change and you cannot do it on the fly. Have to go to Gunnar every time. How is any of that necessary? It is almost like the devs resented having to put transmog in so they made it stupid to annoy us.

Ubisoft Montreal. Please. Call Ubisoft Quebec and ask for some help. They had it in Fenyx Rising since their game's launch and they implemented properly. It is not a bad thing to ask for help now and then.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics