ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1938 posts

@knightoftara

i could accept it as is, if only i could rotate the display model and the model was wearing all the other armor pieces as well.
    Now i can only truly see how everything looks once i left the Blacksmith, because its pitch dark around the display model for no reason.

I also expected that they would drop a ton a extra transmog looks into the system, why else would this feature be delayed this long otherwise.

• EyesOfFate
    190 posts

@yesin069 Slowly? I do not what kind of slowly moves you mean, something with graphics? Because I realdy did not find any problem with this feature.....

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@smrtiak-svk

I dont mean Eivors movements i mean the camera movement (sensitivity). It abruptly becomes slower when toggling the hood on or when using the close camera. IT becomes more noticeable when you increase the camera movement speed which i always do because of faster looking around and aiming.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

I also realised that Bayeks and Altairs outfits are missing from transmog. Why the hell...why? Why do we have to break our set bonus to look like Bayek or Altair? I wont use any of those legacy outfits because they dont fit the setting (except the Revelations one from Ezio) but this shows how much thought Ubisoft puts in their features and how much time they get to realise them...Everything is always rushed and flawed because they dont get enough time and also need to work on those useless events and river raids instead of focussing on the main game and DLC.

Also I cant obtain the Altair outfit because i get an online error and the outfit looks terrible without proper cloth physics.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

i know, 50 might not seem much, but an entire change is already 8x 50 silver= 400 silver (boots, chest, claock, head, bracers and 3 weapon) then if you dont like it, which you cant decide within the menu as the display model shows only 1 item at a time you can spend another 400 silver. That will add up fast.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@asgardian02

What a good thing that there is a silver package to buy for real money that gives us exactly 400 silver for 300 helix credits which you cant buy directly, so you need to buy 500 and are left with 200 that can buy nothing...

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

i know right

• WildHunt
    234 posts

I don't get it, Fenyx Rising does it the same as Odyssey, why is Valhalla trying to frustrate its playerbase by changing such a simple thing?

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@wildhunt

I heard Odyssey mentioned many times as a positive comparison point here and dont want you guys to forget that in Odyssey they balanced the whole leveling experience around a 50% XP boost, which let all others grind the same forts for hours to level up. Valhalla at least lets you play the essential content (the story) in your own pace.

I prefer charging 50 silver for transmog instead of a whole game being balanced around XP boosters and grinding levels. Also there arent that many gear sets and people wont use transmog 50 times a day whenever they find new and better armor. I know it isnt ideal but it also isnt a huge problem. Ubisoft should concentrate on fixing bugs instead of breaking their head because people dont like charging 50 or 400 silver.

Also Immortals gets mentioned too often for my taste. This isnt a huge seller for Ubisoft and we know that Ubisoft treats those smaller budget titles a lot better regarding content from day one and microtransactions. AC is the big money maker for Ubisoft and they want to get every last penny out of it, so it is expected that everything for AC is planned to the last inch to generate more money without getting too much hate.

In Immortals they just reused nearly the whole game of Odyssey and didnt had managers sitting next to them and telling them how to maximize money.

These are just my 2 cents because i still prefer Valhalla over Odyssey even if Odysseys transmog was better. The worse things in Odyssey still overweight the little good things for me. This isnt a Ubisoft Quebec game and if you guys love them so much just play the games made by them and dont try to push Ubisoft Montreal into doing things like Quebec does them. I think they know pretty well by now that Quebec opened a whole other fanbase to AC which they clearly dont want to also please. They do their thing and hopefully they can go back to an actual AC game with assassins and do it right next time.

I decided for me not to buy any AC if it is made by Quebec and you should do the same with AC from Montreal. Easy as that, right! 😁

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@asgardian02 the entire valhalla is a backward game compared to the previous ones.... so sad to be saying it because i didnt like odyssey... but valhalla is the worst ac from this franchise... they just cant make things right with this game.. all they do is to make you grind for... more likely the reason why u need to pay silver now to use transmog here. is for you to buy their silver boost in the helix shop.. this game is a shame... also after trying to claim the godly bundle i lost my entire yule festival set and weapons... and i got an error i can not claim that bundle 😞 im mad

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@karloz1995

I still see Syndicate, Odyssey and Rogue as the worst ones but this is just objective. Valhalla has many mistakes but i have fun with it because i play very slow and try to immerse myself. In Odyssey this was a lot harder because i was forced in doing all those copy-pasted forts for hours to level up and it felt like work. For me Valhalla is better but still far away from a great AC title. I also dont know how the lockdown rules in Montreal are or where the team lives that works on support for this game. Maybe it will get better when they finally can go back to their offices.

I still think they should have delayed this game at least 6 months but investors want their money!

Regarding the items:
    I also lost them and cant claim the free gift. Ubisoft tweetet that they are aware of this issue and hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow from the server-side. I think at the point where i tried to claim the free reward and got the error, all the Yule items went away because we should have got them with the free gift. They dont want us to have two of them to glitch runes again.

• longjohn119
    1368 posts

@yesin069 Most people disagree with you according to Google ratings

Google ratings

Valhalla - 3.6 (It dropped from 3.7 a month ago) and is the worst rated Assassin's Creed game

Odyssey - 4.3

Immortals - 4.5

Origins - 4.6

Syndicate - 4.3

Unity - 4.2

Black Flag - 4.8

AC III - 4.4

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@longjohn119

Google ratings usually arent a metric i count on or care about. This is like metacritic. Valhalla is new and still pretty bugged. People are angry about that fact and rate the game accordingly. When people are angry or get a bug that not 100% of Valhalla buyers get, they rate the game more badly than it actually is. Unity's Google ratings on launch were surely lower than that but got up after the hate went down. So this is nothing i care about and i said Valhalla is pretty far away from being a great AC title in my post above, so i dont know what this should tell me...

If Valhalla is so bad deinstall it, dont play it and dont buy the next AC game. Vote with your wallet and Ubisoft will understand. I always buy AC games 1 year after release because then they are finished. Valhalla was an exception because of lockdowns and too much free time with nothing else to do so i seen first hand how Ubisoft launches their games and will never repeat this mistake.

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts

Trasmog is the death of a deep game.

To staet: in this game there are so few armor that is totally useless change visual.

But, in a game where you should pay attenction and do not be seen, where you have to kill and be safe, clothes should be used like in Hitman,where you have to wear specific clothes to not be seen.

But this game is totally flat,no deep gameplay and mechanics, you can fight agains 20 enemy and survive,so why pay attenction??

In a deep game you never could change clothes visual, you should have to choose if be seen and risk, or blend in the folk wearing like a "enemy Warrior".

This will be a deep game, but people want just to play like Barbie style and have a cat.

And Assassin's become worst and worst.

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

uhmm, do you mind staying on topic?

I mean this thread is no for comparrassin between other games or about xp boosters.
    I personally didnt use any boosters in Odyssey and didnt find lvling hard at all, but thats just me.

• Asgardian02

@xx-artorias-xx

i am not a fan of many of the armor sets in valhalla as far as looks goes.
    Its weird that the predecessor (odyssey) had certain feature and then the next installment in the series doesnt have it.
    World of warcraft and diablo3 have had a transmog system for over 10 years now, and they work great, its just a basic feature that you expect to be in a game.

If you spend 100s of hours in a game you want to change your appearance from timt o time just as you do in daily live, why is that so hard to understand?

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@yesin069 Idk why people keep bringing those XP boosts up regarding Odyssey. I played the game from start to finish without using the Helix store once and never felt I had to grind. In Valhalla OTOH, most of the side content gets super grindy, even if one's motivation for doing it is not levelling up.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

agree

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@kreutzgang

Because it was a problem for many people who just want to play the story and were forced into doing side content. I dont know how many times this needs to get mentioned. Not everyone wants to do all the side content and Valhalla lets you do the story without touching anything else. It is well documented what people hated about Odyssey and what they hate about Valhalla. The boosters had a bigger influence on Odyssey's pacing than the boosters had on Valhalla's. Side content in AC games is always repetitive. In Odyssey you had to clean forts until you vomit and in Valhalla there is always the search for some stupid key or entrance. Either make fewer content witch more quality or dont force the side content on us to level up and be able to play the main quests.

I also didnt use any Helix items but this doesnt mean the problem wasnt there for many people. It is always the same that people hate on the newest game and praise the last game that got the same hate when it was the newest. Just because Odyssey had better transmog (which has to do with the fact that Odyssey had more armor sets) shouldnt be a big issue. Also that it costs 50 silver.

Valhalla has bigger issues that Ubisoft should focus on. Transmog is there and it works. They just need to implement the legacy gear and this is it. Go on with fixing bugs. No need to make a big thing about this and praise Odyssey for its better transmog.

Two different game devs - two different ideals in making a game. Montreal just has other priorities than Quebec in game design. Some like it, some not. If not everyone can make the decision to just play games from their favorite studio and stop forcing them into making every game exactly like the game before.

Suggested Topics