Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yesin069
    548 posts

@longjohn119

Google ratings usually arent a metric i count on or care about. This is like metacritic. Valhalla is new and still pretty bugged. People are angry about that fact and rate the game accordingly. When people are angry or get a bug that not 100% of Valhalla buyers get, they rate the game more badly than it actually is. Unity's Google ratings on launch were surely lower than that but got up after the hate went down. So this is nothing i care about and i said Valhalla is pretty far away from being a great AC title in my post above, so i dont know what this should tell me...

If Valhalla is so bad deinstall it, dont play it and dont buy the next AC game. Vote with your wallet and Ubisoft will understand. I always buy AC games 1 year after release because then they are finished. Valhalla was an exception because of lockdowns and too much free time with nothing else to do so i seen first hand how Ubisoft launches their games and will never repeat this mistake.

• XX-Artorias-XX
    88 posts

Trasmog is the death of a deep game.

To staet: in this game there are so few armor that is totally useless change visual.

But, in a game where you should pay attenction and do not be seen, where you have to kill and be safe, clothes should be used like in Hitman,where you have to wear specific clothes to not be seen.

But this game is totally flat,no deep gameplay and mechanics, you can fight agains 20 enemy and survive,so why pay attenction??

In a deep game you never could change clothes visual, you should have to choose if be seen and risk, or blend in the folk wearing like a "enemy Warrior".

This will be a deep game, but people want just to play like Barbie style and have a cat.

And Assassin's become worst and worst.

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@yesin069

uhmm, do you mind staying on topic?

I mean this thread is no for comparrassin between other games or about xp boosters.
    I personally didnt use any boosters in Odyssey and didnt find lvling hard at all, but thats just me.

• Asgardian02

@xx-artorias-xx

i am not a fan of many of the armor sets in valhalla as far as looks goes.
    Its weird that the predecessor (odyssey) had certain feature and then the next installment in the series doesnt have it.
    World of warcraft and diablo3 have had a transmog system for over 10 years now, and they work great, its just a basic feature that you expect to be in a game.

If you spend 100s of hours in a game you want to change your appearance from timt o time just as you do in daily live, why is that so hard to understand?

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@yesin069 Idk why people keep bringing those XP boosts up regarding Odyssey. I played the game from start to finish without using the Helix store once and never felt I had to grind. In Valhalla OTOH, most of the side content gets super grindy, even if one's motivation for doing it is not levelling up.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

agree

• Yesin069
    548 posts

@kreutzgang

Because it was a problem for many people who just want to play the story and were forced into doing side content. I dont know how many times this needs to get mentioned. Not everyone wants to do all the side content and Valhalla lets you do the story without touching anything else. It is well documented what people hated about Odyssey and what they hate about Valhalla. The boosters had a bigger influence on Odyssey's pacing than the boosters had on Valhalla's. Side content in AC games is always repetitive. In Odyssey you had to clean forts until you vomit and in Valhalla there is always the search for some stupid key or entrance. Either make fewer content witch more quality or dont force the side content on us to level up and be able to play the main quests.

I also didnt use any Helix items but this doesnt mean the problem wasnt there for many people. It is always the same that people hate on the newest game and praise the last game that got the same hate when it was the newest. Just because Odyssey had better transmog (which has to do with the fact that Odyssey had more armor sets) shouldnt be a big issue. Also that it costs 50 silver.

Valhalla has bigger issues that Ubisoft should focus on. Transmog is there and it works. They just need to implement the legacy gear and this is it. Go on with fixing bugs. No need to make a big thing about this and praise Odyssey for its better transmog.

Two different game devs - two different ideals in making a game. Montreal just has other priorities than Quebec in game design. Some like it, some not. If not everyone can make the decision to just play games from their favorite studio and stop forcing them into making every game exactly like the game before.

• XX-Artorias-XX
    88 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • longjohn119
    535 posts
    @yesin069 Idk why people keep bringing those XP boosts up regarding Odyssey. I played the game from start to finish without using the Helix store once and never felt I had to grind. In Valhalla OTOH, most of the side content gets super grindy, even if one's motivation for doing it is not levelling up.

I got the XP and Drachmae boosts as a gift from my nephew and I found the XP boost actually broke the game for me because you level up way faster than you can gather the resources to upgrade your armor and weapons or before you can acquire new replacements that don't need to be upgraded ..... The Drachmae boost however was more useful especially after you get to level 70 and have finished all the main big money quests

The key to the game is to chase down the Cultists as they become available and if you do that you'll have no problem at all staying way above the level you need to progress the main story .... The last two times I played I was about 10 levels above everything after I left Athens ..... The same with the progressive leveling system that boosts everything up to your level, if they hadn't done that the game would have be ridiculously too easy ..... The only problem I have with the game balancing is the soft leather is way out of balance especially at the higher levels because your soft leather resources don't level up as fast as the upgrade costs ......

You aren't supposed to Speed Run through an RPG, if you can then the game is broken

• SaintlyStorms
    76 posts

They've really screwed up here with the transmog. 50 silver AND you have to go to your settlement just to do it?

Absolute rubbish. Disappointed.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@yesin069 So instead we get skill pints thrown at us in Valhalla making everyone have the entire tree maxed and difficulty settings pointless after about half way through because apparently we aren't supposed to do the side content, and it's just there for the luls. *shrug*

• Yesin069
    548 posts

• longjohn119
    535 posts

@yesin069 Yeah I watched that video a couple of days ago ..... I don't always agree with Yong but I can't say he is wrong this time ......

I feel sorry for any developers that have this kind of crapola shoved down their throats by (mis)management ..... No wonder Darby quit .....

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics