Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• KingCicero24
    Original poster 6 posts

I don't know how everyone else feels about this, but the fact that we had to rely on a youtube channel that had to decode a puzzle found the collectors edition of game in order to find the Isu bow did not feel enjoyable to me in anyway. The fact that we're five months into this game cycle and there is still a weapon in the game that nobody has found is dumb. If the weapon is truly bugged and isn't appearing then tell us Ubisoft. Don't include a fix for the weapon's perk in the update if it isn't bugged and no one has found it as if it is some massive hint that we should keep looking. Any kind of weapon or game mechanic that takes this long to find is something that belongs in a Demon Souls game or a puzzle game of some kind. Assassin's Creed Valhalla is neither of those games and nor should it be. Maybe I am just old AC fan whose interests no longer align with the majority of the current players, but this is just dumb and provides no incentive for me to scour the map of England or the mythical lands to find Skadi's blade. Even finding out the bow location and how to get made me annoyed because how in the world were we suppose to figure that out on our own. Seriously how?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts
  • TheSmio
    80 posts

@kingcicero24 See, I'd argue this actually is a good spiritual successor to the mysteries of the first AC games. I still remember I spent hours browsing through random threads on the internet speculating about Assassins/Templars and various conspiracies while speculating about what The Truth and such meant. That was what I loved so much about the games. Unfortunately, as the time progressed, there just wasn't much to think about outside the game because the games did the thinking for you.

You may not like it, but I absolutely love these secrets because they add incredible amount of depth to AC Valhalla, which was something I really missed in Odyssey. AC Odyssey always gave you answers along with questions it asked. On the other hand, Valhalla presents a lot of questions, but it doesn't really answer most of them. The fact we (the players) actually have to solve these answers is brilliant imo. There are so many letters and clues that point to something and at first all of them sound like typical world fillers, but then you realize the complex way of unlocking the Noden's Arc and it really makes you think - what else is there to discover? What secrets are hidden in this world?

I haven't been this immersed since the early days of my gaming when I was looking for Bigfoot in GTA San Andreas or, as previously mentioned, researching all various theories and stuff about the world of Assassin's Creed. I know Valhalla isn't a perfect game, but the amount of work that went into hiding complicated secrets for players to find is amazing.

Although, don't expect a new major AC release for another year and a half, Valhalla seems to have a pretty long support cycle and I expect the major AC game to release in 2022. There's still a lot of time to uncover secrets and enjoy them.

• KingCicero24
    Original poster 6 posts

@thesmio
    Thats a fair point to an extent. I agree having long lasting mysteries can be fun and immersive when they are capable of being solved by any player that devotes a reasonable amount of time to the game. Also when it involves learning hidden aspects of the story to get better insight on events that occurred can be very immersive.
    However, I don't know how you found out about the Nodens arc, but I found out about because a youtube channel got the collectors edition and decoded a hidden message that came with it. That is not something the average player will be able to do and the argument that the community can solve it together is not accurate when only the few willing the pay double the amount of the base game get the privilege to solve the puzzle. Mysteries involving lore and characters is one thing. Having weapons that are hidden behind mysteries that only the chosen few who are willing pay up get to decode is not immersive for single player game. I shouldn't have to rely on others being more willing to pay up in order to solve the mysteries of a single player game that I am playing by myself.
    My problem with the ax is that there doesn't seem to be any concrete leads on how to find it, or even if it can be found 5 months into the game. Which leads me to believe that the answer will probably be written in some isu sentence on the back of one collector edition items of some kind. I don't know and thats my point I can't be sure unless I somehow get my hands on those items which will inevitably cost more money. As far as these mysteries being something that extends the life of the game, then I ask what is the point of the season pass and consecutive free seasonal content. Most of the people who aren't willing to pay for the DLC's will move on to other games or just stick to the free content in the meantime especially if they have to pay to get the items needed to solve mysteries on their own.
    I'm glad people are enjoying scouring the map in order to discover every little clue they can in the hopes that it pans out, more power to ya. I certainly hope that those people are able to find those answers in game, and not from a youtube channel whose day job it is to play this game nonstop. However, if your idea of a spiritual successor to old AC mysteries is being forced to buy the collectors editions right out of the gate just to decode some isu letters on the spine then you and I played very different AC games.

• JCar4327
    627 posts

@kingcicero24 I must agree with your point about the collector's edition. Any and all clues to the mysterious secret weapons should be found in-game.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

no depth isin this game, so just because we cant find a weapon that is supposed to add depth, when all o ther systems in the game have been overly simplified and there is zero challenge in the game at all....

• Maguro-ru
    2 posts

I have question.
    Where did you get the information that there are still hidden weapons?

• KingCicero24
    Original poster 6 posts

@maguro-ru The patch notes list a change to the perk on Skadi's blade and unless I missed an update from the various Assassins Creed youtube channels no one has yet to find the weapon. The only other concrete evidence that it exists is from some French youtuber who datamined it from the files on PC. Therefore, I am assuming it is in the game and has yet to be found. I could be wrong though as I pretty much gave up looking for it at this point.

• lemmie88
    191 posts

I think trying to find a point is giving too much credit. I suspect these "mystery weapons" are just the remnants of cut content from having to rush an unfinished game. And Ubi is making the most of a bad situation. Instead of putting in the intended content, they just put some textures on rocks, add text notes you can find, etc etc. Then, they look really mysterious and deep while the hardcore decoders have something to do. Then they can put out a vid while the game gets another comeback of players and publicity. win-win for them.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics