Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• tekntonk
    4 posts

@ksg1082 I noticed the sound change/vanish after switching to the black and white wolves, and I chalked it up to quieter paw pads because obvious, but the hoofbeats did not return when I switched back to a horse (the Hearthweru Warhorse).

• tekntonk
    4 posts
  • mpetr18
    1 posts

@valcadash same here, on PS5 also. Hopefully it's fixed soon it's very jarring!

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 932 posts

Hey guys, our team is currently looking into the issues with the gallop audio. Once we have further updates, we will keep everyone posted. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Official Response
  • Tetsedah
    7 posts

Fun fact, I kinda want to know if this can be confirmed by other people. Who knows, it actually might help them track down the bug.

I still hear nothing when horse riding, EXCEPT for when I ride through small creeks! To be sure it wasnt my imagination, i checked it multiple times.
    The moment I enter a little creek and ride through it, I hear galopping! Yet when I go back to any other type of ground,including bridges or the like...POOF!! Galloping sound effect gone.

Can anyone verify this, or is this just me?

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 932 posts

Hey everyone, my apologies for the lateness in getting back to this thread. Our team is currently aware of this issue and they are reviewing this issue moving forward. Once we have further news to share, we will let everyone know as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Official Response
  • Carldemor
    1 posts

I started playing around 2 weeks ago (PS5) and noticed that the horse makes NO sound when riding it. It is really odd/annoying. I have stopped playing thinking that it will have been fixed by now, and still nothing. Please fix! I know for a fact that it is a known issue and I am not the only one.

• LeeLowry-RFC
    1 posts

The sound of my horse galloping is no longer there whenever I ride it since the penultimate update on PlayStation 5.

#Valhalla

• sonoro-san
    1 posts

I was waiting for this 1.2.0.1 update to have back the sound of the horse but still... this bug is so annoying. I feel like the character in Sound of metal.
    Please fix it as soon as you can.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@sonoro-san Thanks for creating this thread about not hearing any audio while riding your horse. Just to confirm, does this only impact the galloping sound?

Official Response
  • WhoCares78
    112 posts

@ubiexcellent I’ve noticed this also. It only seems to affect Eivor horse. All other sounds seem to work just fine. If I ride past other people on horses I can hear their footsteps. I even took a guards horse, it’s footsteps could be heard until Eivor got on it.

• UbiExcellent

@whocares78 Thank you for letting me know this audio issue impacts your gameplay as well. The teams are aware of an issue where the horse galloping sound effect no longer plays, but they have found a fix for this and will implement this in a future patch. Should the error you are facing extend beyond just the galloping noises, please let me know!

Official Response
  • WhoCares78
    112 posts

@ubiexcellent Thanks for the info. I mistakenly thought this was going to be fixed in the patch released this morning.

• UbiExcellent

@whocares78 I'm sorry for the disappointment caused! The teams will post more information about when this issue will be fixed on the News and Announcements forum, so please check that thread for updates.

Official Response
  • ItsRyanBennett
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ItsRyanBennett
    3 posts

Also having the same bug, since the ostara update any horse in game has stopped making any galloping sounds once mounted. Completely breaks immersion and puts me off playing until this is fixed. I would submit a support request but Ubisoft support currently has no option to do so. Been satisfied with Ubisoft games for years but this is just ridiculous.

undefined

• Alespla2
    1 posts

Hello everyone. Same here on my PS5. Even after this patch 1.20.1 recently launched it didn't get fixed. As the matter of fact this bug is happening since last week patch 1.20. I just waited all week for a hot fix patch... Friday a new patch emerged and even so, the glitch wasn't solved. Such a frustrating experience: to ride through those amazing scenaries with no sound from your horse. I'm puting on hold AC Valhalla until it gets fixed, wich I hope will be very soon...
    My excuses for my poor english.

• OxBELxO.ANTI
    5 posts

The Horse's gallops are completely silent. Been happening since the Ostara Festival began. Its game immersive breaking while using the horse like that. Unless I pretend the horse is galloping with pillows as hooves 😒

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1603 posts

Hello @OxBELxO-ANTI,

Sorry to hear about your experience. After checking this for you, I can see that this issue has been reported and it's expected to be resolved in a future update. Once it's resolved, we are going to let everyone know through the patch notes.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • UbiExcellent

@alespla2 Hello, and welcome to the forums! I completely understand how frustrating this audio error is, but please rest assured this should be addressed in a future patch. Details will be posted here as soon as we have any specific dates to provide.

Official Response

Suggested Topics