Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• darthstrings
    Original poster 2 posts

On Monday night (3/15/2021) I progressed the Jorvik questline to where I needed to enter the Minster with the book burning. I was being hunted by the Red Hand in the city and left and went to some treasure spots in the surrounding area, and solved the mystery with the 2 girls in the tower (their Dad drowned - sad).

Then I quick traveled back to the Minster and I manually saved my game and suspended my game.

On Tuesday night (3/16/2021) I continued the game from the main menu. What was odd is that I had to start the game from the title screen even though I had suspended it on my Xbox Series X. It was like the game had rebooted itself. I think maybe a content update got pushed on Tuesday?

I noticed that I didn't have a quest marker for the Firebrand quest, but when i go to the quest page, it shows the correct quest but the entire Jorvik arc quests in the quest tracker on the left of the UI are missing. I entered the Minster, got the cut scene where the Firebrand pushes the priest onto the burning books, and then needed to locate the Firebrand. By luck, I killed her just by killing random Firebrand Vikings in the city. Then the quest updates in my HUD to tell me to return to Ljufvina, but still no quest marker.

Then I open my quest log and I see the entire Jorvik questline is still missing. The only quests that show up are the Ravensthorpe, the quest in Vinland, and the quest in Asgard.

I tried reloading old saves, but that didn't help somehow my oldest save that was close to my progress were all started from the save last night and ALL had the same problem. I'm totally stuck and can't progress the story line. My only other manual save file is from 3 hours into the game.

Has anyone found a work around for this? I saw some old forum posts but no recent updates.

I have over 110 hours into the game and I wanted to see the end.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 983 posts

Hi @darthstrings, my apologies for the annoyance this issue has been trying to complete this arc. Our team is aware of this issue and is currently investigating this arc moving forward. In the meantime, our development team would like to use details from your progress to make further research. Please make sure that your latest save has been added to the Cloud (it will have a cloud icon next to it). This step will allow the team to use your saved files for their investigation. Could you also send us images (or a video clip) showing the quests that are present in your quest log too? It would be greatly appreciated if we are able to see both your current quests and the completed ones. Lastly, did you fast-travel to another location right after the last quest completed during this arc?

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics