Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@ubi-borealis Sorry,cant edit after 10 mins and had to check the videos . I will do this 1st so I don't cause trouble. Thank you so much 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts

No worries, @Garbo3! I know there's a time limit on editing posts, so I'd recommend ensuring you have everything you want to share with us ready before making a post. If you do have to make an additional post in the thread, a member of the player support team can merge it into your original post for you if necessary 😊

Official Response
  • SteveZ_Pun
    163 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • sub4more
    9 posts

Problem still persists after all these months and all the updates.

It is literally the only thing preventing me from playing the game as I got sick to my stomach of listening and seeing the rain all the damn time.

I understand that you want to replicate it to prevent it from happening, but after so long, cant you just temporarily add an option in the menu settings for us to set the damn weather and time of day, so we can finally play again, at least until you figure out what originally caused the problem?

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I paid so much to get the expensive version of the game and haven't been able to enjoy it for half a damn year for something that can be just set as an option and be done with! This is unacceptable. I patiently wait for a fix to this having such hopes every time I hear an update comes out, and the rain is only damn thing I search the patch notes for, everything else is not this common and so game breaking, please make this a priority after so long, and if you can't pin-down the issue just add the damn menu setting like other games have.

• ImaginaryRuins
    397 posts

@sub4more "the only thing preventing me from playing the game" sounds a tiny little bit exaggerated if you do not mind my saying so. At least it is not game-breaking and the raining will go away after some time passes.

But I am not defending the dev. team; the thing is, this raining problem was NOT present in the game when it was launched, and it must have been somehow "added" after an update. Updates are supposed to fix problems, not add them.

Now I am guessing that this raining could be related to quests (I could be wrong). There might be quests which have fixed weather and that coding has messed up with the weather initialisation when booting the game up.

And speaking of weather, storm was in fact present in the game but I have seen it very very rarely in Ravensthorpe.

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@imaginaryruins For me started with Ostara festival,I got used to it now, and after 20 minutes or so it disappears .
    As long as it doesn't affect gameplay doesn't bother me anymore as am not fishing again,hopefully lol

• sub4more
    9 posts

@imaginaryruins

I play my assassin stealth style, meaning I like emptying enemy camps with stealthy ways without being seen etc.

This requires to save before I attack the camp, go as far as I can stealthy and slowly learn the place and were everyone and PLAN my path, requiring a lot of reloading last save and starting again. So 100% of my time was spent with the damn rain being heard on the audio and the dark map, I never get to the good weather 20 minutes later, and even if I do it starts all over again at the next place and the next time I log in.

This bug makes the game practically unplayable for the players that like this classic stealth game style. But its also annoying for several casual players that don't like having to meditate every time they login several times until it stop raining, and then doing it all over again every time they load a save.

• ImaginaryRuins
    397 posts

@sub4more I see. Then I can absolutely understand your frustration.

So let's hope the team could get rid of this annoying issue ASAP. 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@SteveZ_Pun - I've now reached out to you within that thread. Please check it out when you're next able to 🙂

@sub4more - Thank you for sharing your experience with the rain in-game with us. I'm sorry to hear that it has affected your preferred game-play style in this way. Please be assured that the development team is looking into this issue further. As soon as we have any new updates to share from the investigation, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as possible. I've passed on your own report to the team so it can be used as part of the investigation.

I would be unable to speculate on how they plan to resolve this issue at this moment in time. We haven't been informed of any plans to introduce a toggle-feature for weather/time of day. If a new workaround is provided by the development team, we will share this information within the forum.

@ImaginaryRuins - We don't yet have any new updates to share with you all from the development team. The player support team is checking in on the investigation regularly. Once we have more information to share, we'll let you know as soon as we're able to.

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • stroodle_910
    22 posts

@ubi-borealis not only is my game loading into rain (or has it start raining almost immediately), but it just starts randomly raining anywhere and at any time. I’m in the middle of a snowstorm? It starts raining while continuing to snow. I’m underground with the Halfdan? It starts raining in the ruins. It’s kinda ridiculous.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @stroodle_910!

That certainly sounds like odd behaviour, especially the raining whilst undercover. Would you be able to send us a video that shows it raining when it shouldn't be (such as when in a snowy area, or underground)? We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • auridulis
    38 posts

Still not fixed in Title Update 1.2.2...

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@auridulis oh well. I got used to it now after months pouring down my mount is a seahorse 😆

• alx1231
    Original poster 17 posts

It would be nice if this was at least included in the known issues list. The only saving grace is that this doesn't affect Ireland or anywhere else besides England so it probably won't affect Frankia.

• auridulis
    38 posts

@alx1231

Indeed.

Also, thanks for confirming that Ireland is not affected by the rain bug. I didn't have enough energy anymore to try it myself, but I might give that DLC a shot now. 🙂

• ImaginaryRuins
    397 posts

Just here to say this issue is still present; Xbox One. Really hope it can be addressed ASAP.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thanks for continuing to update this thread with your reports following TU 1.2.2. The development team are still investigating this issue further, which is why a fix for the raining issue was not included in TU 1.2.2. I apologise for any disappointment that may have been caused by this.

We don't yet have any new information to share with you all from the ongoing investigation. As soon as we have any new updates to share, these will be posted within the forums as soon as we are able to.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • juaniribba
    1 posts
    please fix this, it's really annoying.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 787 posts

Hey @juaniribba, welcome to Discussions! Thank you for taking the time to report your experience of this issue to us. I am sorry to hear that you are also impacted by the consistent rain when loading your saves.

The development team are still investigating this issue at the moment. I have requested an update on this issue, as I am aware that the investigation has been ongoing for some time now. As soon as we have any additional news to share, we will do so here in this megathread. Thank you for your patience in the meantime! 🙂

Official Response
  • alby37
    4 posts

I went back to a previous save before the glitch happened and replayed the game from there. I can tell you that you can go through the Snotinghamshire saga without any problem but the glitch is triggered by completing the mystery "The Myth in the Mountains", close to the Kinder falls.... I tryed many times and it triggers the rain glitch 100% of the times.

I completed everything else without problems but that one mission I can't

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics