Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@auridulis oh,I was hoping it would be addressed in this patch.ok. I get my sea horse ready then lol

• SteveZ_Pun
    273 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Still raining........

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts

Hey everyone,

In response to my request for an update, I was advised that the issue remains under investigation by the development team at the moment, but that a fix is in the works. I hope to be able to share more news on this soon, but for now, thank you for your understanding while the team continues to look into this.

My colleague @Ubi-Borealis passed forward the information provided by @alby37, so hopefully this will help the team to identify the root cause quickly, and bring the fix into the game soon.

@auridulis - I cannot speculate as to whether the bug will be fixed retroactively or proactively for future saves made, but if I hear any news about this specifically, I'll be sure to let you all know here in this megathread.

Official Response
  • MissM16
    213 posts

Just adding my name to the growing list of people getting soaked after finishing Snotigham and its apparently bugged mountain mystery : (

Also, Eivor's footsteps continue to splish-splash long after it stops raining. Granted this splashing feet annoyance happened for me since the start of the game but maybe Ubi can fix them both if it's connected to a rain bug. The only way I can stop his feet from splashing after it stops raining is by sleeping in my bed.

I can make a video of his splashing feet in sunny weather and on clear nights if needed. After it rains, however briefly, Eivor continuously splish-splashes. If I'm the only one this happens to or the only one annoyed by it... I'll live with it. The always raining when loading the game is more annoying and we can't stop it by sleeping.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1749 posts

Hello @ryusennin,

Thank you for the update! I'll pass it along to the development team. From our side, I can see that this issue is still being investigated. As we don't have the resolution yet, I'm afraid, we will let everyone know as soon as we have an update from the development team.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know!

Official Response
  • Garbo3
    778 posts

@ubi-mark I loaded the game today to check the new abilities and surprisingly for the very first time in months it wasn't raining!

• auridulis
    53 posts

@garbo3 Did you load the game in Ireland by any chance?

I've been participating in the Sigrblot festival and doing a few daily/weekly quests and other Ubisoft Connect challenges in England recently, and it's still raining every time I load the game there. Many times it's fine for the 1st second and then it starts raining.

However, it's fine in Ireland. It does rain there occasionally, but then it's possible to fix it by reloading the save game a few times. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that in England 😕

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@auridulis No,I Always load in Ravensthorpe.
    The only thing I did yesterday was acquiring 3 new abilities from the bear tree. Yesterday was raining as always ,today I don't know how it wasn't. Am curious to see what happen when I load the game next.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1113 posts

Thanks for keeping us updated everyone and letting us know that for some of you, the raining has stopped in Ireland, after acquiring new abilities, or reloading the save a few times.

Please keep your reports coming in, if you find the always raining in England issue (who would have thought?) suddenly stops, so we can check for any patterns that emerge for our ongoing investigation.

Official Response
  • auridulis
    53 posts

@ubi-milky To clarify, Ireland was never affected by the rain bug. But because the weather is dynamic, it can occasionally rain upon loading the game. The workaround is to reload the game save.

Loading the game in England, or teleporting to England from another region, always triggers the rain bug.

@Garbo3 Hmm. I re-assigned my skill points to fully complete the Bear skill tree, saved the game in Ravensthorpe and reloaded it. It was raining.

Also, I could only find 2 new major skills (Heidrun Slam and Idunn's Heart) and a bunch of minor skills that were added in TU 1.3.0. I had my skill tree fully unlocked prior to TU 1.3.0, though.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@auridulis Just loaded the game. Its raining.
    Tried to make a video and for the very fist time since November gave me an error.
    Got a little clip though,but doesn't show that it's raining since I loaded the game.
    But yeah,rain is still there. Oh well.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4150 posts

Thanks for sharing some updates with us, @auridulis & @Garbo3!

I'd like to assure you both that the development team is still looking into this persist rain issue 🌧 If you notice that any changes seem to stop the rain, such as equipping new skills, please don't hesitate to let us know within this thread! As my colleague @Ubi-Milky mentions, finding patterns and workarounds are helpful for the ongoing investigation.

Once we have any updates to share from the development team, we will let you know within this thread as soon as we're able to.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • MissM16
    213 posts

@ubi-mark
    @ubi-milky
    @ubi-borealis
    Hi

If you haven't done so already, can you please add Ireland to the rain bug?

I also have the rain bug in England like it was reported in this thread but unfortunately for me, it's even worse in Ireland. 😞 It doesn't stop after a few minutes, nor does it stop after re-loading a save multiple times.

It even rains indoors for me. Here's a video of raining inside a house in Ireland. You can even hear Eivor's feet splashing on the soggy wet floor....

I have Cloud Saves in my account if you need them. Please just make it stop raining! Ireland is dark and gloomy and I'm miserable 😞

• Ubi-Mark.

Hello @MissM16,

Sorry to hear about your experience and thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I passed it along to the ongoing investigation along with your video - can I kindly ask you to not delete your video, as I passed on the link to the development team?

Many thanks and apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • MissM16
    213 posts

@ubi-mark

Hello and thank you!

No worries, I won't delete the video.

I can make more videos if you need since my Eivor has a permanent rain cloud hovering over his head lol *sigh* Just let me know and thank you again for all your help. 😊

• Ubi-Mark.

Hello @MissM16,

No worries, we're here to help! 🙂 If we hear back from the development team that they require more videos or evidence, we will definitely update this thread and let everyone know 🙂

Official Response
  • auridulis
    53 posts

It's not been fixed in the Title Update 1.3.1.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 749 posts

@auridulis Hi!

Thank you for coming back to this issue to post. The 'raining on load' issue is still under investigation at the moment, but we'll update this thread with any information as it becomes available.

Thanks for baring with us at this time!

Official Response
  • auridulis
    53 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • auridulis
    53 posts

It's still not fixed in Title Update 1.3.2...

Suggested Topics