ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2882 posts

Hey @auridulis ,

This issue is still being looked into by the team at the moment, with no additional information to share just yet.

When we have more news regarding a planned fix, we'll let you guys know here.

Thank you for your understanding!

Official Response
  • SteveZ_Pun
    355 posts

@ubi-theberry
    Soon 1 year and still raining after every load.. But every month new stupid ugly stuff in the shop..
    Ubisoft only care for money...

• iChaosPaladin
    29 posts

Based on changelog on TU 1.4.0, its will be still not resolved... One year passed

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hello everyone. The team is still investigating this issue, and I do apologize for the long delay in getting a resolution out for everyone! As soon as we have an update, it'll be shared here and on our News & Announcements thread. In the meantime, would everyone still experiencing this issue ensure that your latest saves are uploaded to the cloud?

Official Response
  • auridulis
    73 posts

@ubistorm

Thanks but no thanks for the update.

Sorry, no. Earlier this year, I uploaded a bunch of my game saves from right before and right after the rain bug started in my game to my support ticket. The support representatives assured me that those would be forwarded to the developers. Did that never happen?

Also, what happened to almost a year worth of saves and videos, and @alby37's investigation (link: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/96317/when-loading-a-save-it-is-always-raining-in-game-post-here/32?lang=en-US; which they did free of charge on your behalf)? Did you lose them? I think we have documented the issue pretty well so your request for more saves is confusing.

Please show us some proof of that ongoing investigation.

• auridulis
    73 posts

I can confirm that the bug has not been fixed in Title Update 1.4.0.

• Manutegana
    2 posts

I have this bug too... Every time I load the game it´s raining at Ravensthorpe. Please fix it soon, a lot of users are suffering this bug.

• SteveZ_Pun
    355 posts

@ubistorm
    This issue really nervs me, i play every day and it rains since 1 year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My settlement have fish gills and trench feet...No joke...
    And all the other big, small bugs/issues...

• auridulis
    73 posts

@stevez_pun

Agreed.

It's an extremely annoying and irritating bug, no matter how small it would seem. It reduces the enjoyment of the game. I used to play it on a daily basis too, but I couldn't take the rain bug anymore. These days, I only open the game when there's new content to do, and it's difficult to play it when I'm greeted with rain immediate upon loading into the game. I've decided that I won't be buying the 2nd season DLC. I cannot support such an attitude from the devs.

I do not believe that the bug will be ever fixed. It's been there since the start. We shared videos, saves, we did QA to help narrow down the source of the bug for Ubisoft, and it's still being investigated with no real update on the progress. It's also not re-assuring at all when Ubisoft themselves is mocking us with comments such as "who could have thought that it rains in England" in this very thread:

• sub4more
    13 posts

For the love of god, stop focusing the investigation on how this gets started, do you realise there are people that are waiting for a WHOLE YEAR to play the game they payed lots of money to get?

Regardless of how the bug gets started, ADD AN OPTION TO "RESET WEATHER", or "SET WEATHER TO SUN/RAIN/STORM/whatever", you already have these in your developer version of the game, make them available to the rest of us so we can fix this insanity NOW, not in a year, not whenever you find whatever caused it in the first place, and once we have escaped this raining hell, you can take your time to figure out how this gets going in the first place, to prevent more new players from getting it, fix it for the old ones first.

• auridulis
    73 posts

No mention of a fix in the Title Update 1.4.1 patch notes....👎

EDIT: Just checked it in the game. No, it's not fixed.

• Manutegana
    2 posts

The bug isn´t fixed with the update 1.4.1... Great job Ubisoft.

• SteveZ_Pun
    355 posts

This shows again Ubisoft dont care for bugs/issues..But for new store items and DLC for 40 Euro

• B00MSIE
    397 posts

At least, now it’s snowing…. 😕

• SteveZ_Pun
    355 posts

@b00msie

LOL, only sarcasm helps... Yule event with same armor and Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla are bugged now...Really a great Job

• HIDDEN1NE
    173 posts

So as someone as said here before it’s definitely tied to the Myth in the Mountains mystery. In the battle there’s a mandatory blizzard that lasts well after the fight (snows in snotinghamshire, but rains elsewhere if you fast travel) and I believe it’s something to do with that blizzard coding that affects loading saves from then on out with your playthrough, as if the game will always load that fight atmosphere regardless if it was raining when you saved or not.

I only noticed because when starting Yule today my manual save had persistent rain (I could normally just reload and rain would disappear if I didn’t want it) and would not only persist upon reloading, but all my quick saves before it, spanning about 2 hours worth of playtime and definitely save points without rain, all now suddenly had violent storms upon loading.

My only save before was a manual save before I had done the mystery and so because it was fine there, I deleted the other saves and progressed from then on and saw this thread mention that specific mystery. So I just now redid the mystery, waited out the storm, made a couple of quick saves across 45 mins roughly (no rain in this period at all) and a manual save, guess what happened? All of them now had the persistent rain storms that would keep appearing reload after reload on all these different saves. Now that to me definitely points that mystery out as the red flag, especially considering the nature of the whole fight situation itself as I explained above.

I know it was mentioned here that a fix was in the works, but devs if you aren’t looking at this mystery seeeeriously consider it as from my testing (and others before) it all lines up to that encounter. And yes even though it’s england and it sounds like abundant rain is trivial, comparing all the saves side by side it is VERY apparent that something is bugging out rather than “random luck” at just so happening to load into rain all the time, hopefully this helps to get this bug fixed for all these players.

• olipro44
    4 posts

I did the "Myth in the Mountains" mystery a long time ago and played well without rain.
    I advanced on the story to the main quest in the Canterbury cathedral.
    When suddenly, it started raining .. endlessly.
    It started raining right when I entered the Canterbury main gate.
    And it rains in every saves I did before.

UBI, you can check my cloud saves, it rains in every of them.

Here is a screenshot : a proof that the raining bug didn't occured right after the "myth in the mountains" : Bassim in front of Rouecister castle in Cent and in clear weather.

• auridulis
    73 posts

Hey @hidden1ne, thanks for your effort troubleshooting the bug too. It's a very well written report. 👍👍👍

Hopefully we can get some more concrete news on a fix or an additional of manual weather control in the game from Ubisoft at some point.

I have an older manual game save right at the start of the Snotinghamscire arc. No mysteries are completed in that region yet. I might also try to go there, complete the "Myth in the Mountains" mystery and record the gameplay to shows that it leads to the rain bug. I just need to find motivation to do that because we shared lots of proof with Ubisoft last year, and it feels like it was all ignored by them.

• auridulis
    73 posts

Hi @olipro44, thanks for your report too.

I do not think a screenshot can illustrate the reported issue with rain because the bug is about always getting rain / stormy weather upon loading a save game. The rain goes away after some minutes, but it's back when you reload a save. It doesn't matter if you wait it out and save the game when it's sunny again -- it's going to rain when you load that new game save.

I do not recall the details about the main quest in the Canterbury cathedral, but in general the game has a few quests with forced weather conditions until you complete them.

If it rains in the previous saves AFTER you completed the "Myth in the Mountains" mystery and PRIOR to entering the Canterbury cathedral, then you most likely affected by the rain bug cause by the "Myth in the Mountains" event when the forced weather conditions were not reset correctly. I have not head about future saves messing up earlier saves.

• olipro44
    4 posts

@auridulis The fact is : when I loaded my save this morning, there were no rain. When I loaded the SAME save this afternoon, there were rain.
    And rain never disapears. I have played one whole hour, it's still raining.

I have completed the "Myth at the mountain" December 24. Since then, I have played the game every day without the rain bug. The whole bug thing went to happen today, 1PM when I was in Canterbury. And it occures in every saves done before.

Edit : it is true that sometimes, if I wait for ~10 minutes, the rain stops. But restarts if I reload my save.

Suggested Topics