ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• auridulis
    73 posts

@olipro44 do you use autosaves or manual saves?

Earlier manual saves should not be affected by newer manual saves. I keep a bunch of manual saves myself. Most of the recent saves are affected by the rain bug, but the ones prior to completing the Snotinghamscire arc, incl the Myth in the Mountain mystery there, are fine.

• olipro44
    4 posts

@auridulis I use manual saves. I have even used a saved folder I have copied on my disk with a few saves done after the myth in the moutain, and the rain bug is here. As if the game iself was altered for reason.

Though, the saves done before this side quest are not affected. So it may be this side quest fault after all.

• HIDDEN1NE
    175 posts

@olipro44

I think it’s a bit messier of a bug then “this will definitely happen in this exact way.” Like you finished it and were allowed to get oh so far before the bug activated in your save as well, as I’ve done the Cent arc weeeelll before this mystery and so doubtful that has any relation to the bugs cause. Even if the myth in the mountains doesn’t activate right away, when doing what I did reloading the “fine” and “bugged” saves, you can very much see something is lingering from that fight, as a couple times loading in literally for one whole second it would be clear, and then as if the rain was like “oh [censored]” clouds popped in like crazy and then rain 🌧. As said it’s almost like the coding of that fight atmosphere continues on every load-in. Maybe look to compare that if you have saves with and without that mystery, plus whatever other circumstances are in your play through.

@auridulis

Thanks! Hopefully it’s detailed enough to show the devs (if still needed) where the root could be, as the forced rainstorm to me seems like the culprit of perpetual rain. If you end up doing this yourself, play a couple of other mysteries or whatever in between just to show you “okay I know it wasn’t raining when I saved.” Although I feel you, certainly isn’t a high hope of mine that after a year of this bug and lukewarm updates that my post will be considered much. I feel bad for all you players who’ve had to deal with this from seemingly launch, and sit with a pretty crazy bug dubbed a minor inconvenience, which is part of why I wanted to do that bug testing, all of us should be having the enjoyment with the game we paid special editions for.

Even crazier that it’s been this long without any substantial update. I’ve been following this thread like many bugs, just so I know what to look out for and what is a bug everyone seems to be getting, and personally I thought it was just an unlucky play through for each of you, but jeez I could probably place my non-gamer mom in front of the tv (IT experience) and even she could be like “the mission made your whole game rainy.” 🌧🌧🌧

• olipro44
    4 posts

The good part is I can continue to play, assuming I do this procedure :

Load my game.
    It's raining ...
    I wait for 5 minutes.
    It's not raining now.
    I can play.

• auridulis
    73 posts

@olipro44 Yeah, that's the rain bug.

The rain goes away eventually. However, it doesn't matter if you wait it out and then save the game. When you load that new save, it's going to rain anyway.

When I was playing the game actively, I used to do the same. Load the game, go AFK for a few minutes (e.g. make a cup of coffee or so), come back and enjoy the game. 👍 There's one "small" problem though --- you might be forced to reload a save because you flew off into the sky and died, you got stuck in objects/textures, the game crashed to desktop, or so. And then you have to suffer through the rainy weather again. And again. And again.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to share your experiences regarding the constant rain in-game, as well as to provide your feedback on the ongoing investigation. I would like to apologise for any impact this persistent downpour is having on your gaming experience.

The development team are still looking into this weather issue further. We don't yet have any updates from the investigation to share with you all. I've reached out to the dedicated teams to see if we can get any new information regarding the gloomy weather in-game that we can relay to you all. As soon as there are any new details to share, these will be posted within this thread once they are made available.

We are grateful to those who have submitted videos and ensured that they have an up-to-date version of their Cloud save uploaded, as these have been very helpful for the investigation. If you are affected by this issue, please can you make sure that you have an up-to-date copy of your affected save file uploaded to the Cloud? You can check for this by looking for the cloud icon on your most recent save. We can then notify the development team of this so they can be used in the ongoing investigation.

@HIDDEN1NE - I've shared your report regarding "Myth in the Mountains" with the development team in case this is helpful for the ongoing investigation. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us 🙂

@olipro44 - I've also shared your report regarding the rainfall occurring during your time in Canterbury. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us 🙂

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • HIDDEN1NE
    175 posts

Question to those who did the Myth in the Mountains mystery:

Did you end up taking the warriors body to the men at the small camp? I only ask because I for one didn’t even know this was possible so I didn’t do it, but on videos I’ve seen that have, they drop the body in front of the men and they actually comment on how Eivor managed to kill him, and also say something about their friends spirit, and once this is all done the storm stops on a save all of a sudden (as if the game recognizes you’ve completely finished the mystery interactions and is “stopping” the storm).

Is this maybe why the storm is perpetual for those who didn’t complete this? Anyone have a save to try this and see if this fixes it or if storms still persist?

• auridulis
    73 posts

@hidden1ne Wow, that's interesting.

I haven't returned the warrior's body to the camp when I did that mystery. The game told me that it got completed right after the fight, so I simply moved on to the next activity...

It would make perfect sense if the mystery is marked as completed prematurely. The game has a few other quests with forced weather conditions, which are restored once you complete those said quests.

I've just checked my game. The warrior's body is still there even though I completed that mystery 150+ hours ago.
    I've returned it to the camp now, and the guys indeed commented on it, and... So far, it looks like the rain bug is gone upon loading a save now.* 🤞

You are amazing, @hidden1ne ! Thank you a lot ! :-)))

* It should be noted that it might still rain once in a while when loading a save, but that is the standard dynamic weather. It's easily fixed by reloading that save again.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @HIDDEN1NE & @auridulis,

Thank you for taking the time to share some of your findings with "Myth in the Mountains," and about bringing the warrior's body back to the small camp. I've passed your discovery along to the dedicated teams so they can take a closer look at this.

I'm glad to hear that the raining has stopped in your game after returning the fallen warrior to the camp. Would anyone else be able to test out this workaround to see if this stops the raining in your game as well? If so, that could be a very helpful finding!

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • HIDDEN1NE
    175 posts

@auridulis

Thank you for testing it! So it may seem we’ve found a solution without a patch after all, and one you don’t even need to restart a save for, if everyone can truly go back to the body and still get the dialogue.

If you were to check your game again, would you say you forsure see the difference, no rain upon loading (and if there is you can reload it away)?

Hopefully more people can try this out and make it work for them too 🤞

• auridulis
    73 posts

@hidden1ne

I was indeed pleasantly surprised that the warrior's body was still there.

I've just finished today's daily missions from Reda. I used a manual save from earlier today (which I created after having delivered the warrior's body to that small camp down the hill). It was sunny ☀ in Ravensthorpe when the game finished loading! I can't describe how refreshing it felt. 😄

I think that Ubisoft should fine-tune that mystery by either (a) making it complete upon delivering the body to the camp and not right after the fight or (b) changing the weather conditions back to normal after the fight. 🙂

• HIDDEN1NE
    175 posts

@auridulis

Awh yayyy! 🥳 I’m glad your game is finally sunny again! Cool we finally found the reason, and yea it should definitely be tweaked in either ways you mentioned, as I’m one of those players that interacts with every single possible thing/dialogue in the game, even went back to the camp alone to see if they talked to me, but never once thought bringing the body back would do something lol. The more average player will definitely move on before doing this part so to the devs I’d say maybe refocus the fix to what was mentioned above 👉

• HIDDEN1NE
    175 posts

TL;DR — If you have the perpetual rain bug, go back to the Myth in the Mountains pict body and drop it off to the camp men, you should get dialogue and a fix for this 👍

So I wanted to do some testing with this fix myself to maybe give hope to those with this bug and want some sort of proof that this will work for them, and I have some positive findings to report for those still wary of the fix/haven’t seen or tried this out yet. I tested in 3 different scenarios returning the picts body to remove the forever rain bug and in all scenarios the perpetual rain was removed and everything was back as it should be (loading dynamically mostly sunny but sometimes rain). Sorry in advance for the length.

The first scenario was in the common situation most on this thread are in — they probably completed the mystery whether they forsure know or not, and left the body as the mystery said it was completed, and now have forever rain for no reason. I did the fight left the body and then did some reda quests to be able to make some quick saves well after the mystery was completed and the first bit of rain stopped. Now as usual, across three saves and a half hour of progress (no rain during this), all three saves had perpetual rain load after load as everyone describes. So I then did what @auridulis did, went back sure enough the body was there (head put back on and all lol) and dropped it off to the camp dudes, they thanked eivor and said the spirit could rest now, as soon as I drop the body the game saves and then the snow stops. I make a couple quick saves after this point and they appear to all be fixed with no perpetual rain, even tested back and forth from the “bugged” saves to the “fixed” ones, sure enough forever rain in the former no more in the latter 🤗

The second time I fought, fast traveled to ravensthorpe to make sure it was still raining after the fight (also made a quick save here) and then fast traveled back to the body (longboat) dropped it off at camp, same exchange, and then save no more rain. I made another save to test back and forth between the ravensthorpe one and as above, the “bugged” save forever loads on rain, and the new “fixed” one has no more rain (except randomly dynamically).

The third time was just straight completing as the developer probably intended, fought the pict and immediately dropped him off, exchange, and save snow stops. From that sort of “perfect” save play through i made a couple more quick saves and not one of them ever had the perpetual rain bug, yet forsure competed the mystery 🤓

So it’s forsure the mystery that first causes the storm conditions, and forsure dropping the body off is what truly ends the mystery enough to stop this forever rain atmosphere. Not only did I reload and reload and reload all of these saves (not dropped = rain, dropped = no rain), in the last method i went back to the camp to see if the body was still there and interestingly enough, the pict was where i now dropped him but the other men were now gone from the camp, whereas if I had not yet, they’d stay at the camp, so another indication the mystery is only complete once the body is dropped off to show the men so they acknowledge the “rest” of their friend.

Not sure what this can give the devs but whatever helps 👍 And to everyone affected, I highly recommend going back to the picts body to drop it off and see if it’s what fixes it for you as well 🤗

• auridulis
    73 posts

@hidden1ne You are crazy! (In a good way 😁 😁 😁 ). Thanks a lot for your additional troubleshooting.

I played the game a little bit yesterday too. I continued from the "fixed" save from Saturday. It was not raining upon loading that save. It was sooooo gooood. I was able to finally enjoy the game again.

As for the devs, I think it's not about fixing that rain bug anymore, but instead updating the design/flow of that mystery as suggested in my previous post.

• HIDDEN1NE
    175 posts

@auridulis

Aha thank you very much 🤓 it was honestly my pleasure, especially since we were finally able to get to the bottom of it! Hopefully the others on this post will check in soon to try, but even if this just helped one person I’m happy your playthrough is all sunny now 🌞😎☀️ Enjoy it friend!

• B00MSIE
    397 posts

@hidden1ne

Today (about 600 gameplay hours after completing this quest) I returned the body to the camp, saved and quitted the game. Restarted the game and .... it's raining.... 😞

Edit: Next time I restarted the game, it did not rain!

• HIDDEN1NE
    175 posts

@b00msie

Awesome! I’d say the first time it rained again for you, that was just the dynamic weather behaving normally, you’ll load mostly sunny but every now and then you’ll get a rain load in (but you should be able to reload it away, in stark contrast to the bug rain). It was probably just randomly raining that first time you tried and if you reloaded it, probably would’ve stopped raining. If it rains like that again reload the save, if it’s sunny now you’re good, only if it still rains load after load is it still broken (but I highly believe this is the solution for everyone).

• MissM16
    214 posts

@hidden1ne

You are doing God's work.

I had it so bad it even rained indoors for me. Like... inside houses. No joke. 😞

But I can also confirm that bringing the dead body down the mountain to the camp stopped the rain for me as well. I can't thank you enough!! 😀

• HIDDEN1NE
    175 posts

@missm16

LOL! That was awesome thank you for that 😂🙏

Super glad your save is fixed as well 🤗 especially if it was in houses I didn’t even know saxons had fire alarms/sprinklers back then 😛😉 definitely an annoying sight but I’m happy this is the fix that seems to be working for all! Enjoy sunshiny days! 🌞

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

Thank you for taking the time to update this thread with your experiences, and for letting us know that the workaround discovered by @HIDDEN1NE has been successful in stopping the persistent rain after loading a save for you. I've shared this discovery with the dedicated teams to see if this can help us to quell the storm once and for all.

If you haven't already, please can you try the workaround shared by @HIDDEN1NE to see if this stops the rain in your game:

If you have the perpetual rain bug, go back to the Myth in the Mountains pict body and drop it off to the camp men, you should get dialogue and a fix for this 👍

If you're having trouble finding the location, you can find the "Myth in the Mountains" near Hemthorpe, in Snotinghamscire.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics