Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • alx1231
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubiexcellent Here is the link to the video. For your convivence I have time stamped it in the description.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@alx1231 This is perfect, thank you so much! I've gone ahead and sent this clip over to be reviewed further by the development team. Once I hear back, I'll be sure to update everyone here on this thread. In the meantime, thank you so much for bringing this forward to us!

Official Response
  • UbiExcellent

@b00msie Thank you for the suggestion! This is definitely the best way for players to send video footage to us, so you were absolutely correct. 😊

Official Response
  • SteveZ_Pun
    136 posts

I already had this issue on the PC before patch 1.20. For weeks I wonder me about it rains every time the game starts. It doesn't rain that often in England. Nowhere!!!

• auridulis
    29 posts

The same here. It rains every time I load the game.

Platform: PC.

• Dead213End
    8 posts

i knew this is England, but frak, it rains way too much

• auridulis
    29 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • alx1231
    Original poster 16 posts

@auridulis This Youtube video is on private. You need to change the visibility of the video to unlisted in order for other people to see it.

• WrightWayUp
    18 posts

Seem to have the same issue on PS5 and Patch 1.2. Didn’t notice until I read this thread but on loading a save game, it is raining ...

• alx1231
    Original poster 16 posts

@wrightwayup Yeah, I am not surprised that it wasn't on the known issues list. It is such a subtle bug but I have so many hours in this game that it was only a matter of time till I noticed lol. Hopefully it is fixed before Wrath of the Druids because now that I know it is happening, it will bother the heck out of me.

• auridulis
    29 posts

@alx1231

I've re-uploaded it here: https://streamable.com/afw5q4

I saved the game when it was not raining, went back to the main menu, loaded the most recent game save and it was raining. This happens every single time I load the game.

• alx1231
    Original poster 16 posts

@auridulis Thanks for sharing your video and thanks to everyone else in this thread as well for confirming that this is indeed an issue. When I first noticed it I thought I was crazy cause it wasn't on the known issues list but it seems this issue is far more common than I thought.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 148 posts

Hey folks.

Thanks for providing your reports of this. I have forwarded the latest video and your reports to the development team for further investigation.

Official Response
  • auridulis
    29 posts

Hi @ubi-orion, has there been any news from the dev team? 🙂

I've noticed that it's always raining for X minutes not only after (re-)loading a game save, but also upon returning to England from other regions, e.g. Norway, Vinland, or a River Raid location.

• ImaginaryRuins
    375 posts

I do understand that this is not an urgent matter and it is not game-breaking, but I would appreciate it if there can be any response from the dev. team.

Each time I manually save I do so in Eivor's quarters in the longhouse, and each time I close and open the game and head outside, it is raining, regardless of the weather when I last saved the game.

• alx1231
    Original poster 16 posts

Any updates on this? It's been a while and I don't even see it on the known issues list. Like others have mentioned, I understand the issue isn't the most game breaking but it would be nice if it was acknowledged as an issue.

• auridulis
    29 posts

Another update.

I extracted some older manual game saves from my PC's backup system, and I did some troubleshooting.

In short, it looks like everything was still fine when I pledged to Snotinghamscire. The rain bug appeared in the next save file, where the last completed quest was “Reporting on Snotinghamscire”. I finished the whole region (the main quest and all the side activities) prior moving to the next one so it might be that the breaking point was in that region. It happened in Update 1.1.2 as the save files are from March 13 & 14, 2021. I have submitted the aforementioned game saves and a few other files in the support ticket # 14496166.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 669 posts

Hello Vikings,

Thank you for your continuous updates.

I just checked this for you and I can see that this issue is still being investigated. Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know through the patch notes in our News and Announcements section.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Ryusennin
    65 posts

Not specific to consoles, it's been happening on PC from release date. For some reason, it used to be limited to Ravensthorpe. But since a few weeks, it seems to rain every single time I load a save game whichever the location.

• UbiExcellent

@ryusennin Thanks for making that clarification! I've passed this along to our teams for their on-going report. 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics