Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• auridulis
    35 posts

@garbo3 Agreed. It's such a weird and subtle, yet increasingly annoying bug. It's not game breaking, but it makes the game unnecessarily dark and depressing which slowly pushes you away from the game...

• auridulis
    35 posts

@garbo3 Thanks for the video.

I did think that it might have been caused by the Ostara festival. But then I checked my older game saves. I found that it was all good when I started the Snotinghamscire arc. The game save made right after I finished that region had the rain bug. The game saves are from March 13 and 14, so that's a few days before the Ostara festival and Title Update 1.2.0 were released. At least that's my experience so far. 🙂

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@auridulis Probably you are right. I don't remember when I did that arc . Maybe when Ostara was on.

• sorenssorensen
    5 posts

I don't think I had @auridulis , but not sure. It's ages ago since I did that arc. But I remember a lot of people mentioning the same issue, and that was long ago, a different version I think. I only found out it was happening to me too after they stopped posting about it. Not sure when it started, I'm afraid.

Also, it seems to happen when I return after a river raid too. But not sure if it's consistent.

• auridulis
    35 posts

Hmm, no explicit mention of this issue being fixed in Title Update 1.2.1.

@UbiExcellent @Ubi-Mark, I would like to ask you if there's any news regarding a fix for the rain bug.

• SteveZ_Pun
    153 posts

@garbo3
    What did you mean with Matilda?

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@stevez_pun The pig of prophecy from Cent World event. Patch coming out tomorrow at 1pm then I got my platinum finally.
    Did you get the 100 silver BTW?

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@auridulis me too
    Is a nightmare now. And if you want go fishing on the sea with all the stormy weather waves is a longer task
    Glad the big flatfish will appear in river bay at Hampshire later today and not at proper coast!!
    Big mackerel will be in Norway coast so I hope not stormy or I will have to meditate a lot to change the weather 😆. Concentration is not one of my best skills hahaha

Hope they addressing this soon. Is bad to take nice screenshots too.

We wait then.

• auridulis
    35 posts

@auridulis @Ubi-Borealis

Update 1.2.1. PC.

It's still raining after loading the game in England (no matter if it's loading the game from the main menu or coming back to England from another region.)

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@auridulis yes. Same.PS4

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2243 posts

Hello there!

I've merged a few similar threads together to create a single megathread. I apologise if any ongoing conversation has been disrupted by this. By creating a single thread, it allows us to keep all information and updates in a single location.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing persistent rain when loading into your game. I know England is known for its rain, but this seems excessive! 🌧

I've checked in with the development team and they're still investigating this issue further. I've passed on the additional reports that have been shared in the thread since @UbiExcellent's last update. Once we have any new information, we will let you all know within this thread.

If you have been affected by persistent rainfall, the development team would be interested in collecting additional video footage. Please can you ensure that you have an up-to-date cloud save uploaded as well, so they can take a closer look at these. You can check if your save is a cloud save by looking for the small cloud icon.

@auridulis - Your save files have been passed on to the development team for further investigation. Thanks for taking the time to submit this! Thank you for the suggestion as well. I've now added this thread to our megathread list.

@sorenssorensen - Thanks for taking the time to share such a detailed report with us, and for including a video. I've shared this with the development team so they can take a closer look.

@Garbo3 - Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! I've passed this, along with your video, to the development team.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Garbo3
    648 posts

@ubi-borealis ok I got a cloud save. Ps4. How do I pass it to you??

• Ubi-Borealis

Don't worry about passing it on to us, @Garbo3! As long as you have a save uploaded to the cloud, the development team should be able to find it. I'll let them know that you've shared this with us. Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SteveZ_Pun
    153 posts

@ubi-borealis
    It still rains in settlement. I save the game with sun and reload is raining.
    Its not a gamebreaker but really slowly annoying cause it is since month.
    I always start in my settlement.

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks to you!

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing your report with us, @SteveZ_Pun! I'll pass this on to the development team for further investigation.

You're welcome, @Garbo3! 😊

Official Response
  • SteveZ_Pun
    153 posts

@ubi-borealis
    If the age of vikings is in timeline befor the Odyssey, you can use England as Atlantis.
    Or my Vikings are soon Aquamanvikings.
    And the new Update add many new bugs. Its really annoying.
    This game had potential but Ubisoft make many wrong. Better release the game later.

I have a question why are this items dont appears under owned, like the Yule Items?
    With the Yule items was the same ,but after the Godly rewards they appears there.
    Maybe we get them as present again??
    So why you make events for them cause you anyway give them as a present? Useless work!
    Better work on bugs.
    And my opinion is if player participate on the events, the items should be a reward for this player. Unique.
    The events are ridiculous if anyway the items are later free for everyone, maybe in 1 year but after some weeks??

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@Ubi-Borealis
    I got video and several screenshots with date so you can check most of the time is raining in my game no matter where I am in the map. Is depressing as this game has such beautiful colourful landscapes. Am really tired of it tbh 😫
    If you want me to share video or screenshots showing date let me know.

• ImaginaryRuins
    385 posts

This is probably reported but anyway I would like to mention it just in case.

Fast travelling within the same area (England) does not trigger this raining, but fast travelling across regions (most notably from Norway back to England) it happens every time - and this also triggers the Jomsviking gear resetting problem.

It seems however that fast travelling from England to Norway does not trigger raining - it is just in England.

Playing on Xbox One.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@SteveZ_Pun - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, especially regarding the in-game events. I've passed your suggestions on to the dedicated team.

I'm sorry to hear you've encountered more bugs following TU 1.2.1. Would you be able to start a new thread to share these with us, so we can take a closer look? This will allow us to keep the investigations separate to the persistent rainfall.

Would you be able to clarify further about your missing owned items. Are you missing the Yule items following the release of the Godly pack? Or are they no longer showing as "owned" even though you have claimed them?

@Garbo3 - Thanks for letting us know that! If we require any further images or video, we'll be sure to reach out within this thread 🙂

@ImaginaryRuins - Thanks for sharing that information with us! Most of the reports I have seen in this thread is that England is the main place affected by the rain. I've also seen some reports that the heavy rain happens in Vinland too. It seems to stop in Norway, but I wonder if that's because it doesn't really rain there 🤔 The development team has been notified that fast travelling to England, as well as loading up a save, triggers the rain.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics