Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ImaginaryRuins
    Original poster 418 posts

There are several keys which do not disappear from my Inventory after opening the corresponding chests.

1. Ornir's Key
    2. Eatun Barn Key
    3. Ulkerthorpe's Captain's Chest Key
    4. Ochre Caves Chest Key

Ubisoft staff could you look into this issue? This issue has been present ever since the game was launched and is still present after patch 1.2.0. Playing on Xbox One. Much appreciated.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 877 posts

Hey @imaginaryruins, thank you for reporting this over to us. To share this information with our team to check out, could you provide a few screenshots showing you have already used these keys and still showing them in your inventory?

Official Response
  • ImaginaryRuins
    Original poster 418 posts

@ubi-smash While I do not have screenshots, I do have some videos (NOT my own) to show where they are / what they are supposed to do. I posted them in this thread, which has a similar topic:

Quest Items Stuck in Inventory AFTER Quest/World Event is done! | Ubisoft Forums

• ubi-smash

@imaginaryruins Much appreciated! I see that UbiKobold has shared this information with our game team already. We will keep this thread updated once we have further news provided by the team. In the meantime, thank you again for bringing this to our attention! 🙂

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    542 posts

@ubi-smash @UbiKobold

I have written a long list of items in another thread, I see UbiKobold responded in that thread. The problem is after completing the game it's really hard to remember what the items were for. Also, as I wrote there, that is information that Ubisoft knows better than any ACV player so I'm really unclear why you're asking us.

• ubi-smash

@spirantcrayon22 Completely understand this. Mainly we wanted to collect the key names that are still in your inventory after use and the quest name was to provide further information along to our team. We truly appreciate your help with providing as much as you can to share with the team.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    542 posts

@ubi-smash

Thanks for responding. The list was everything in my inventory at the time I typed it. I was careful to get all the spelling correct. I have no memory of whether the keys ever disappeared from the inventory or not.

Then there's (1) the items still there that aren't keys such as meat of some kind and someone else ended up with a flower of some kind, (2) the black box I have that has a pop-up that is simply whatever the cursor was over before, (3) more generally the design question of why only two items get a new home in Ravensthorpe, (4) why the cross given to Eivor by Aelfred isn't a collectible and (5) what the difference is between "collectible" and "quest item" anyway as the two parts of the inventory clearly overlap (some keys are in one, some keys are in the other).

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 673 posts

Hey SpirantCrayon22! Thank you for tagging me on this thread as well! While I do have the list on our other thread, let me see if I can address 1-5 here.

1. When you mentioned flower, are you referring to the Snowdrop flower? Also, could you provide an image of the meat that is stuck in your inventory?
    2. Can you provide a video from your gameplay showing the pop-up changing to whatever the cursor was on previously? Also, how long has that been occurring for you? For video, just post to YouTube as unlisted and then provide the link here.
    3. Could you provide a little more detail? Which two items are you referring to? Also, does this have to do with building Valka's home?
    4. I am not sure why the cross given to Eivor is not collectible, however I can forward up your suggestion to have it be a collectible.
    5. Quest Items should disappear from your inventory after use, whereas Collectibles will remain in your inventory. However, as you know, we are currently looking into the issue of some Quest Items remaining in your inventory after the Quest or World Event has been completed.
    Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    542 posts

@ubikobold

Thank you for responding. Here's a video for the stuff below, skip to 15 seconds. The lists in the other thread are useful here.

1. The flower is not something I have but I think whoever-it-was wrote that they had two snowdrops still there. See video for the meat in the inventory. I've also highlighted the arrow recruitment coin as it follows the same pattern.
    2. See video again. This has been in my inventory for quite a long time. Possibly before England but if not, then fairly early; I did the regions in difficulty order and am fairly sure that it was there during the time I was "doing" East Anglia.
    3. This is a game design/writing matter. During the course of the game Eivor picks up a book about healing from the target in London and a Hallowe'en lantern from Gloucester. These are given a home in Eivor's room in Ravensthorpe but no other items are. Why only these two? What about some of the other items - why not them? What are some of them anyway? "Valuable Ring" - why keep that? I don't recall why that's there at all and on the subject of remembering stuff in the game, see the next point.
    4. Alfred's cross is the only "collectible" that stuck in my mind from playing the game. Quite a pivotal moment in the game (I liked the way Alfred was written, by the way). That is one of the things I'd definitely expect to see Eivor keeping as a memento. So no, nothing to do with Valka!
    5. The thing with the collectible and quest items is that it's not at all clear why some are one and not the other - and there is overlap. For example, I have 20 keys in "collectibles" and 5 in "quest items". Apart from the matter that I've used all keys everywhere, why did some end up in one and some in the other list? Why are the Rigsogur pages in "collectibles" but the Magas Codex pages in "quest items"? Why are they not combined into a single item to remove clutter? I think all this inventory stuff could do with a bit of "tidying up".

Hope that's clear and hope it helps!

• UbiKobold

@spirantcrayon22 Thanks for providing this video! I can definitely see what you are referring to with the cattle meat and the description box showing what the cursor was on previously, not what it is currently on. Also, the cattle meat does seem a little odd to be under 'Quest Items.' Do you remember having to do any Quest with the cattle meat? Or Eivor mentioning something they could do with the cattle meat upon picking it up?

Also, in regards to 3 and 4, I am not sure why only those two items were given a spot in Eivor's room or why the cross is not a collectible. However, you bring up some excellent points, and I have forwarded up your feedback surrounded around these two issues! If you have any more that you would like to add, please let me know!

As for the Collectibles vs. Quest Items, the Game team is still looking into these issues of a cluttered inventory. Are the 5 Keys located under 'Quest Items' any duplicates to what you have under 'Collectibles?'

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    542 posts

@ubikobold

Thanks for the response. The cattle meat was, I think, from the Yule mini-quest. The keys are not duplicates.

I'll see if I can pick a key up again and work out if it moves from one part of the inventory to another.

• SpirantCrayon22
    542 posts

@UbiKobold

I just went to Brentwood and Rochester Blockade and picked up the keys there, they are both in my "quest items" but they stayed there after picking up the keys again. I write "picking up", what happened was I killed the enemy with the key symbol in Eagle Vision and assume auto-loot did whatever it was going to do but there was no notification about picking up a key.

Also I note that one of the "quest items" is from Jotunheim, if that's significant in any way - certainly shouldn't hang around when in England, right?

• SpirantCrayon22
    542 posts

@ubikobold

An addition to this. The Vinland inventory is also affected though it's only three items. In "Collectibles" I have "Vithrlockr Chest Key", in "Trade Goods" I have "Turkey Meal" (this was from a world event I think) and in "Quest Items" I have "Bloodstained Note". The only other item is a firefly I just picked up, in "Collectibles", but that's not a problem. I do not know if there are any other keys that can be picked up to then get stuck in the inventory but I have not spent much time there since killing Gorm as there's not much point.

It does seem strange that (1) the armour and weapons don't return to England with Eivor, particularly as there's a Vinland Rune that has the same relationship to the Vinland armour as the other armour runes and sets, and (2) after killing Gorm that going there "fully loaded" is not possible. Of course, maybe that'll get explained or updated in future; after all, we still don't know why Eivor ended up over there.

• UbiKobold

Hey! I hope you are having a good weekend. I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you SpirantCrayon22, but thank you again for providing all of this! I have been continuing to update the Game team with the new information that you provide. If you think of any other items or keys, please do not hesitate to let me know!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics