Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• O-E-Smith
    18 posts

@o-e-smith literally crashed 4 times in 10 minutes 😂 As I type this it's frozen again. Its being turned off for good now.

Bye Ubisoft 👋

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2176 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As the Ostara Festival has now ended, we are now marking the issue wherein players experienced increased crashes due to the Ostara Festival as resolved.

If you are still encountering crashes in-game, please check the megathread list for a similar thread and share your report there so we can investigate further. You can also make a thread of your own if you are unable to find a megathread that matches the issue you're encountering. When opening a new thread, please include as much information about the crashes you're encountering as possible.

Alternatively, you're welcome to open a support ticket so our team can investigate further. You can open a support ticket in the following ways:

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Moditemarde1
    34 posts

@ubi-borealis Happens on Stadia aswell. Your support people are telling me its a Stadia issue... you can clearly see it is not from those threads you regrouped.

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts

Happens to me not only by doing stuff but also seems to be timed. I get freezes when buying stuff from npcs also...

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@isuwhat - Thanks for providing us with more information about your experience!

@Moditemarde1 - I apologise for any confusion caused. The development team are aware that this issue is happening on all platforms, not just Stadia, and are looking into resolving it on all platforms as well. Do the freezes you're encountering only happen in Ravensthorpe and when taking part in the festival?

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • comicmastery
    8 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Moditemarde1
    34 posts

@gearsmonger yeah they are really bad. Told them its everywhere and they keep repeating its a Stadia issue. The patch doesnt come from Google lol so if something [censored] up it doesnt come from them wth...

• pikijecar
    5 posts

With the New festival, the game is crushing mid brawl if I want to farm tokens

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts

@ubi-borealis wow, thanks for the answer. Much appreciated. I had issues with npc shops elsewhere but the main issue really seems to be in Ravensthorpe near or at the festival.

• Wartooth1
    5 posts

Yes, been crashing every 2 or 3 minutes during egg hunt

• VegasHeart
    35 posts

Im using cloud gaming GeforceNow and got some crashes as well.My internet connection is perfect,so thats all ubisoft fault,because they created bugged event.
    After compleating Archery contest character has arrow stuck in his hand and it left like this.
    During drinking games got some visual bugs,here the video :

like 1st game was without opponent and 2nd he was turned back and other NPC was spawning trough him 😄 and main char still with arrow in his hand 😄
    During fighting mission your opponents dont receive damage from your hits,like at all 😞 it happens time to time,so i must hit them like crazy 🙂 After compleating this mission your char fall on the ground twice and thats another animation bug.Im gonna try to compleate that again and make some video if thats repeats.
    About eggs event i post everything here: Brewing storm main thread cause devs has no shame and no respect adding mission which a lot players dont be able to compleate..

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

The development team would like some additional information from those who are experiencing crashes. Could you please let us know the following:

• Have you customised your settlement? If so, how much (only event area, most of Ravensthorpe, all of Ravensthorpe)?
    • When did you customise your settlement? (Before 1.2.0, After 1.2.0 but before Ostara, During Ostara)?

Thanks for providing that information about your freezes, @Moditemarde1! I've let the development team know that freezing is happening for players as well. It's possible that these are linked to the crashes that are happening.

@VegasHeart - Thank you for sharing your report with us! Thank you for sharing a video showing the issue you're encountering with the drinking contest as well. The development team is taking a closer look at this. I've passed your video along to be used in the investigation. Would you be able to capture an image or footage that shows the arrow stuck to Eivor's hand after completing the archery contest as well? We can then forward this for investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • boo-yah1907
    160 posts

@ubi-borealis Settlement was fully customised way before even 1.2.0. But not sure how that is related, the game was fine as possible before ostara came to ravensthorpe. The problem is in ostara feature(egg hunt, fight)/non changeable ostara customisations(butterflies and decorations)...

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for letting me know more about your settlement customisation, @boo-yah1907! I'll let the development team know this information. 🙂

Official Response
  • Yesin069
    548 posts

@ubi-borealis

I also have those crashes. They happen in the combat arena and never let me finish all 10 rounds. I also never know when it will happen.

I customised all of the settlement and changes some bits after the Ostara festival started.

This seriously needs some hotfixing ASAP. Waiting till the next patch won't help because then the event is over...

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts

Mostly customised before the patch 1.2 and didn't customize anything after. I get crashes for upgrading my items even in east anglia and interacting with shops.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thank you @Yesin069 and @Moditemarde1 for letting me know your settlement decorations as well. I've passed this along to the development team.

The development team are still investigating the crashes further, and we currently have no new information from the investigation. I'm checking in for updates regularly, so as soon as we have any news, we'll let you know.

If you have any additional questions or concerns about the Ostara Festival, please don't hesitate to ask about these as well, and we'll do our best to help.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • gail8
    2 posts

I’m on PS4, wanted to finally take time to try the Ostara festival.... first crash was at the end of the crown quest, just after the cinematic. It then crashed four times during the fight tournament, at various stages. Had no problems with the egg hunt however. I’m about to try the bonfire quest, just hoping it won’t crash as well. I’ve been playing for an hour and I’m already down to five crashes in that time!!!

• isuwhat
    184 posts

@ubi-borealis i customised part settlement. 3 in the festival area, 1 in main Ravensthorpe and the main tree. All festival decorations.

I had every decoration slot filled prior to 1.2.0 and changed the 5 (for the quest) once 1.2.0 had gone live

• bitebug2003
    91 posts

Ravensthorpe was fully expanded / customised since last year before the Yule Festival

I lost Mouse before the Yule Festival

Added / expanded the Jomsviking building during the Raids few weeks ago

Yesterday when I started Ostara, a notification popped up that limited time was remaining.

Please extend the festival beyond the 19 days while you work on a fix to stop the crashing

Had another 2 crashes since my last post.
    I finished the egg hunt and then as I was walking back to the Quest giver it crashed again

• Kennyannydenny
    116 posts

@ubi-borealis As an answer to your question, my settlement was fully customized long before the 1.2.0 update. Every slot was customized with something. Had to change 5 of those to other customization options during the decoration mission, which was a bit weird. Having to change them to something I don't want so the quest registers, and having to change them back to what I want shown there, and already was before Ostara.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics