Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kennyannydenny
    142 posts

I can't even walk around in the Ostara area without freezing. Finally been able to gather the eggs from around Ravensthorpe, but every time i've entered the Ostara area my game freezes and then crashes within 1-2 min (usually within 40 sec - 1 min).

To @Ubi-Borealis, it's definitely related to the event, personally for me it seems to happen when I entered the Ostara area of Ravensthorpe beforehand. based upon this: I loaded into my save from yesterday where I was inside the longhouse and was able to get 6 eggs without problems. I had one left to do, I entered the Ostara area, and blam freeze. I reloaded, running out of the Ostara area, blam feeze. Reloaded again, but now I was not inside the Ostara area (like my initial loading this morning in the longhouse), no freeze. That's my experiences so far.

I also notice walking towards the Ostara area causes a small hickup when walking over any of the bridges, like Eivor is running into something. I saw some people mention it before too in this thread. Pretty weird.

And I notice walking around in Ravensthorpse it's also a bit laggy, normally it's 100% smooth. Maybe they're memory leaks?

• The...DEvil
    4 posts

It's not just during the festival. It's when I just play the game. The amount of times I've seen this is truly unacceptable!
    undefined

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts
    It's not just during the festival. It's when I just play the game. The amount of times I've seen this is truly unacceptable!
    undefined

Exact same thing for me. Since 1.2 + festival even in east anglia I get crashes. The idea of memory leak posted by someone else earlier can be a clue I think. To everyone please try doing other stuff elsewhere and report if you get crashes (interactions with npcs or fighting or else)
    @Ubi-Borealis

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3861 posts

Hello all!

Thank you for continuing to share your experiences with the Ostara festival with us.

@isuwhat, @bitebug2003, @Kennyannydenny, @JCar4327 - I've passed on the information you shared about your settlement decoration. Thanks for letting us know this.

@Kennyannydenny - The development team are aware that the crashes are mostly happening in the event area, and in Ravensthorpe. They're also aware that players are encountering freezing and lag, and are looking into this as well.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Acedyn22
    Original poster 188 posts

@Ubi-Borealis, thank you 😁
    PS. There is a naked horse in the settlement. Attaching pictures momentarily.

My settlement was fully upgraded long before the patch.

• Acedyn22

@Ubi-Borealis located at the settlement's stable undefined

• Acedyn22

@Ubi-Borealis arrow stuck in hand after archery. If you shoot the arrow and/or switch to melee attacks it fixes the problem. undefined

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@acedyn22

Maybe this is the horse from Ruadan that Holmgeir "shaved" to make a brush to paint...good old revenge...

@Acedyn22

This bug was present during the Yule festival, too. Strange that they didn't fix it by now.

• Acedyn22

@yesin069
    I totally forgot about that little ol quest 😅 Good theory 😁

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for those images, @Acedyn22! As @Yesin069 points out, I do believe this is the shaved horse from Rowan and Holgar's argument! Though it's a shame their coat hasn't grown back yet! 🐎

Thanks for those images of the stuck arrow as well. I've passed these along to the development team so they can take a closer look.

Official Response
  • boo-yah1907
    174 posts

@ubi-borealis Crashes!

• boo-yah1907
    174 posts

@ubi-borealis When can we expect to play the game again that we payed for...

• Ryusennin
    96 posts

I finished the festival (which is quite short) by litterally quick-saving every 30 seconds.

With that latest update, Ravensthorpe has become Crashensthorpe. I also did a few errands for Reyda without any stability issue, but every time I came back to the settlement, crashes systematically occured at one time or another, sometimes 10 seconds after entering the village.

The framerate is also very poor with all those added decorations. A hotfix is required ASAP.

Frankly, the technical state of the game doesn't bode well for the first DLC.

• guest-E5i3o02I
    10 posts

Hi,
    I was asking why in 20 hours just on the brawl im not able to reache the round 9?

It still crashes all the time. It s really embarrassing the game 🎮

• Skylinee87
    27 posts

Anyone playing on PC and getting crashes should open EventViewer and check under Warnings and Display. Is your graphics driver crashing and then recovering? If so, this issue has been persistent since early Desember at least, and Nvidia has tried hotfixing it in the past with no improvement.

This is the driver that was supposed to fix it (it's old now): https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/l16yal/geforce_hotfix_driver_version_46133/

Sounds to me that whatever was added in the patch might have increased the probability of these crashes happening.

• Ubi-Borealis

We currently have no new information to share from the investigation, @boo-yah1907, including an ETA for a fix. Once we have any new updates from the development team, we will let you all know within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback of the Ostara festival with us, @Ryusennin. The development team are aware that players are encountering lagging and freezing whilst in the festival area as well, and this is being included in the ongoing investigations.

Thank you for sharing that suggestion, @Skylinee87.

Official Response
  • Ryusennin
    96 posts

It doesn't seem limited to Nvidia drivers. I'm playing on AMD GPU (Vega), and many console users have reported crashes as well.

• scorpio_-2112-
    1 posts

Xbox One player here, can only play about 10 minutes average before the game crashes, specifically the egg hunt, can only get a few eggs then it crashes right away. Pretty much unplayable now. 😞

• basel19751224
    53 posts

I am playing on ps4 , i only had crashes with the hand fighting event , but my game always crash after the first or second round

• boo-yah1907
    174 posts

@scorpio_-2112 same on pc

Suggested Topics