Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• valkyrie869
    23 posts

@ubi-borealis My settlement has been completely customized before 1.2.0 for a while now. During Ostara, I changed one decoration by the Jomsvikings Hall (not the River Raid Hall) to a decoration I had just bought during the spring sale and left it like that.

This could have been the start of my problems, but I'm not sure because as soon as I got on the bridge to the Ostara festival area, before I changed any decor, I started having problems with lag and Eivor didn't want to get on the bridge at all (like he hit a wall.)

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As the Ostara Festival has now ended, we are now marking the issue wherein players experienced increased crashes due to the Ostara Festival as resolved.

If you are still encountering crashes in-game, please check the megathread list for a similar thread and share your report there so we can investigate further. You can also make a thread of your own if you are unable to find a megathread that matches the issue you're encountering. When opening a new thread, please include as much information about the crashes you're encountering as possible.

Alternatively, you're welcome to open a support ticket so our team can investigate further. You can open a support ticket in the following ways:

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • valkyrie869
    23 posts

@h-soloshotfirst This didn't work for me. My game had crashed during the egg hunt, and after I completed it, it continued to crash multiple times.

• Skylinee87
    25 posts

@abdusamed_faker As i said below, open up EventViewer on your PC and check under Warnings and Display. If you get an error log stating that the driver crashed and recovered, then it's likely not a memory issue.

• abdusamed_faker
    9 posts

EventViewer Thanks. I will take a look. So you are having problem on Nvidia and I am on AMD 5700 XT. This has to mean the problem is to do with the game and not driver.

The only thing to figure out is what is triggering these crashes.

• Arabyslasher
    2 posts

Crashes here to ( Pc ). After 5-10 minutes, during Ostara Festival, it crashes. And not on the same spot.

• Skylinee87
    25 posts

@abdusamed_faker Yes, the graphics driver can crash the same way with AMD hardware as well. I think this is a game-related issue as i've played countless other games with no similar crashes.

• dannyrowdy
    1 posts

@acedyn22 lots of crashes for me on xbox onex as well

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts

@Ubi-Borealis Still nothing on the news and announcements forum. Anything else the community can provide for help ?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@ubi-borealis My settlement was fully customised before this update, and I have changed some in accordance with the associated Ostara quest. My game crashes every 5 minutes or so, while I was trying to finish the egg hunt. After four crashes, I stopped playing, so I have not tried any other quests or locations.

As much as I hope these crashes will be fixed as soon as possible, I also hope there is a team hard at work to find out why this game (and its subsequent updates) has so many critical bugs (esp. quest progess, crashes) and why these bugs have not surfaced during testing (quality control).

• FallenWarrior.
    2 posts

Crashes in game after 1-5 minutes whem lauch via ubisoft connect, cant do anything. Trying fix game files and reinstal whole game. Reinstal graphic drivers. Whats strange and didnt see anywhere else: game crashes at this green screen witch assasins creed logo just after clicking start via steam (aded nonsteam game to use controller). Before patch all was fine

• SpirantCrayon22
    422 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SpirantCrayon22
    422 posts

@Ubi-Borealis

The same type of crash to desktop has occurred to me several times previously, with 1.1.2 and I think earlier updates. Not necessarily in Ravensthorpe. Rare, though, maybe once in 50 hours of playing the game, but exactly the same pattern (as written below, screen freezes but background sound continues, sound cuts out, (then usually the next two items) sound comes back, screen goes black and sound goes off, then home screen). Tends to be during fights, I'd say, though not necessarily. XOS and XOX, Ultimate version with the +50% starter pack thing. I got far more crashes in Ravensthorpe with 1.2.0 on the XOS, I used the XOX to get through the brawl but then it crashed just running around in the camp after the three mini-quests had been completed.

If the decorations are relevant to the root cause, all sites are decorated, all the decorations are the guardian stone, the tree is the . . . blooming one I think. None from the Ostara shop, I haven't actually put those anywhere at any point.

Someone joked about fireflies, I have put around 107 in the pond.

• Sir_Billy_Wizz
    2 posts

For F##k sake. Now the game is unplayable. Crash after crash just running round. I give up.. is this an Alpha release. .. never will I but AC again

• ana_kerie
    12 posts

It took me forever to complete the egg hunt because I kept crashing. I'm on PS4, btw. I ended up having to quick-save after every egg I found because I was so tired losing my progress. I'm really reluctant to start any of the other requests like the fighting since I won't be able to save during that. I'm already locked out of 100% completion because of the Pig of Prophesy bug. Ubisoft, I love your games, but please get it together here.

• Acedyn22
    Original poster 188 posts

@spirantcrayon22 🤯👌
    Where do you find the fireflies, because I have only run across one in 280+ hours of play 😭

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@acedyn22

I've got 5 and found even more in other places at night but didnt bother in catching them.

• Acedyn22

@yesin069 Thanks for sharing.

• ToddLouis
    3 posts

PC i now can not play the game it crashes within 20 seconds. Tried today 8 times

• SpirantCrayon22
    422 posts
  • Acedyn22

@spirantcrayon22
    Fantastic! Thank you kindly.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics