Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Yesin069
    547 posts

Strangely I did everything the festival has to offer in the first 2 hour after they went live and it all worked fine. Those issues with the crashes and visual bugs started appearing some hours later what is really strange. We just don't know what Ubisoft are always doing in the background and I really would prefer playing this game in offline mode to exclude any changes done by them without telling us.

A singleplayer game shouldn't have events like that, that count on you being online. Ubisoft servers and netcode are known to cause trouble in games so I would prefer they let AC be completely offline. Let the community photos be online and this is it, or make a online mode or game if it is so much needed to have online stuff...

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2077 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As the Ostara Festival has now ended, we are now marking the issue wherein players experienced increased crashes due to the Ostara Festival as resolved.

If you are still encountering crashes in-game, please check the megathread list for a similar thread and share your report there so we can investigate further. You can also make a thread of your own if you are unable to find a megathread that matches the issue you're encountering. When opening a new thread, please include as much information about the crashes you're encountering as possible.

Alternatively, you're welcome to open a support ticket so our team can investigate further. You can open a support ticket in the following ways:

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Yesin069
    547 posts

As always great video from this guy. The post-launch from Valhalla is really terrible at this point. They should really get their stuff together and focus on bugfixes and adding stuff to the flow of the main game (like transmog, more arrows, arrow crafting etc.). Those things would be a millioon times better than any of their events or game modes.

• VegasHeart
    35 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@yesin069 It seems clear that the crashes are related to the customizations (decorations) and started after doing the decoration event.

• Yesin069
    547 posts

@hroozenbeek

The first quest in the event that i did was the one with changing the settlement decorations and i was able to finish everything without crashes. After some hours i started playing and then the crashes started happening.

• VegasHeart
    35 posts
    @ubi-borealis @VegasHeart - Would you be able to capture an image or footage that shows the arrow stuck to Eivor's hand after completing the archery contest as well? We can then forward this for investigation.
    • Sorry didnt reply in time,but seems @ Acedyn22 did all the job,so I think we are all good here 🙂
    • Anyways i checked the game today and tried all type of bows today(before starting archery contest)and didnt get any arrows in hand anymore.Maybe it was only one time thing(when u first time playing this)or maybe this happens because after Archery contest i was playing May queen quest and then go back to settlement.Currently i dont have this bug anymore.
    • About fighting contest.Like i said before I noticed bug with the final animation,when u won all the fights,Eivor fall on the ground twice.I make some video with the round 9 and 10 fights and animation bug as well at the end.U can watch from 4:15 just to see this bug only and skip fights.I played 3 times today and this bug still exist.
    • Drinking game animation bug that i show on video still in game.
    • Game still crashes for me,but thanks God not during any contest missions,I able to compleate them and then some crash happens.
  • boo-yah1907
    144 posts

Got downgraded visuals(i did not change the settings), especially eivor, btw just as yule, eivor still has the raven clan armor on even if thats not the one that is equipped, while entering and fighting in the brawl tournament. Fps does not drop, its low! Last mission, which is the decoration mission, for ostara is not accessable for me(i understand thats a part of the hotfix). Except the armor thing i hope these are temporary stabilisations due to the hotfix, otherwise i am curious to see how much lower can get moneys worth.

• SpirantCrayon22
    234 posts

Just had a CTD on Xbox One S after the decorations have been removed. Same as before; frozen screen with background sounds continuing, the sound stops about 30 seconds later, then comes back maybe 20 seconds later, then about 30 seconds later it goes to the home screen.

• valkyrie869
    20 posts

Since the hotfix, I have not had any serious problems with my game or have it crash. (I'm on PS4) I've been on for a little more than 2 hours now and no crashes!

However, I'm still having the same minor issue during the drinking game with Braun. He is behind the crowd and facing away from me during the competition. After I win, the camera still flies around the festival/drinking area like crazy. Doesn't really bother me as it eventually catches up to Eivor, but it's still happening.

Also, I've been able to get through all 10 fight rounds twice!

Just so happy that I have been able to play this game for a decent amount of time today with hardly any issues! 👐

• Acedyn22
    Original poster 187 posts

@Ubi-Borealis & @Ubi-Mark
    Hit a brick wall figuratively.
    While participating in the Viking Brawl, I finished the fight, but was stuck in the arena with my opponent. NPC wasn't responsive to my attacks and I couldn't leave the event. I had to restart my console & haven't played since. Will attach pictures to thread.

And can someone please answer this question for me (& whomever else is concerned) What happens to leftover tokens? Are we going to be able to use saved Yule Tokens for the next Yuletide? Same with Ostara and etc. I noticed that in the beginning of Ostara release, my Yule Tokens were renamed Festival Tokens, and then my leftover Yule Tokens disappeared from my inventory when I started the Ostara Festival.

• Acedyn22
    Original poster 187 posts

Apologies for the terrible pictures that I had to take with my phone.

undefined

• zacksnzoe
    2 posts

On PC it's crashing after the hotfix again.
    Can't play this game anymore,i had crashes before the patch 1.2.0 comes out but maybe one in a few houres but now it crashes all 10 minutes,
    In any area.
    What the hell is going on with this game?!

• Kormac67
    570 posts

@zacksnzoe Haven't had crashes on PC since hotfix. Hard to really tell because there have always been crashes now and then. I had one in Glowecestershire before the hotfix.

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts
    On PC it's crashing after the hotfix again.
    Can't play this game anymore,i had crashes before the patch 1.2.0 comes out but maybe one in a few houres but now it crashes all 10 minutes,
    In any area.
    What the hell is going on with this game?!

Same thing here. Buying stuff from npcs and sometimes fighting. Always around a couple of minutes marks that it crashes also. Since 1.2. Had 100hours around that in the game and had no crashes. Now, cant play it.

I tryed a couple of zones. The starting one and the 3 others after. Still get random crashes.

• Eduvahkiin
    1 posts

My Game Crash's all time in Ostara Festival mission...
    Thats so Sad... =(

• Palanikumar
    2 posts

I play on PC and it crashes too. Watching my friends play the series I had great respect for Assassin Creed Series, and this is the first time I purchased this game, and it crashes like hell. Honestly, I lost count of how many times it crashes during gameplay, and it only got worst with the Ostara Festival Event. The worse part is it only crashes after an objective is completed and just before the reward or after it, and regardless of the timing the reward is lost and never saved. Please do something.

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts

If you get random crashes and freezes since 1.2 even after the hotfix I posted it here please reply with your experience ; https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/96628/random-freezes-and-crashes-since-1-2

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2077 posts

Hello all!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences following the release of the hot-fix. I'm glad to hear that the rate of crashes has reduced for a number of you. Please note that the development team are working on a more permanent fix that they hope to release soon. Once we have more information about this update, we will let you all know within this thread or in the News & Announcements forum.

@Acedyn22 - I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered trouble shooting the bow during the archery challenge. You may not be able to upload a video directly into the thread. We would recommend uploading the video to a sharing platform (such as YouTube or Google Drive) first, then copy-pasting a shareable link into the thread.

Thanks for sharing images of your stuck opponent. Have you encountered stuck opponents during the brawl since this first time?

To my knowledge, the Ostara tokens will not be carried over to future festivals.

@bitebug2003 - Settlement decorations should be returned once a more permanent fix has been released. This will allow you to complete Norvid's quest! Would you be able to provide more information about the issues you're encountering during the drinking game?

@Alekero - If you haven't already, would you be able to open up a new thread about not being able to find St. George's gear during river raids? We can then investigate this further.

@VegasHeart - Thanks for the update, and for providing more information about the issues you're encountering during the brawl. I'm glad to hear that Eivor no longer has arrows stuck to them! Thanks for sending that video of Eivor's double-fall. I've passed it along for the development team to take a closer look at as well. They're also looking into the drinking game visual issues you're encountering too (Braun's disappearance).

@boo-yah1907 - Thanks for sharing your experience following the hot-fix. I've been informed that Eivor wearing the Raven Clan armour during the Ostara brawl is intended, and your current gear configurations should be restored upon finishing the brawl. Norvid's decoration quest should be accessible again as soon as the permanent fix is released. I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering low FPS and poor graphics. Do you encounter low FPS only in the settlement/festival area, or is it throughout your game?

@valkyrie869 - Thanks for the update! The development team are looking into the issues you've encountered during the drinking contest (such as Braun facing away and the camera flying away). I'm glad to hear you've been able to complete the brawl as well!

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • boo-yah1907
    144 posts

@ubi-borealis Somehow my graphics were altered to custom, with lower settings, including resolution. Changed the resolution back to 1920x1080(native) and the settings to medium.The fps now is what i am used to before the ostara but not in the settlement/festival area. If it is intended why not having eivor wearing the full raven clan set, rather than just the chest piece, during the brawl?
    I wish you would have replied sooner but thanks anyway, for replying during the ostara festival. Which was not the case for me during the yule festival dissappearance problem.

• isuwhat
    183 posts

how many token are people getting if they are able to complete activities? i'm sure i got 120 token for the arrow challenge as soon as the festival dropped for getting 1,200 score. Just re-done it getting 1,240 and only got 25 tokens?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics