Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts

Thanks for the update, @boo-yah1907. I'm glad to hear that your FPS is back to normal everywhere else outside of the settlement/festival area. I apologise in my delay in getting back to you, as I was offline at the time you reached out. The development team is aware that players may experience low FPS whilst in the settlement/festival area, and are investigating this further. I wouldn't be able to speculate on why Eivor only appears to wear just the chest piece. I can only confirm that this is working as intended by the development team.

@isuwhat - I found that I'd get 10 tokens from the drinking contest as long as I won. For archery, I would get 25 tokens for reaching 1,200, and 40 tokens if I managed to get over 1,500. I didn't get less that 1,200 in any of my attempts, so I'm not sure the token amount if you score less than that. I'd assume it to be 10 tokens as well, though. I haven't completed the brawl fully, but the video shared by @VegasHeart earlier shows them receiving 140 tokens for completing the brawl. Perhaps some other players can share their own experiences with the brawl.

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As the Ostara Festival has now ended, we are now marking the issue wherein players experienced increased crashes due to the Ostara Festival as resolved.

If you are still encountering crashes in-game, please check the megathread list for a similar thread and share your report there so we can investigate further. You can also make a thread of your own if you are unable to find a megathread that matches the issue you're encountering. When opening a new thread, please include as much information about the crashes you're encountering as possible.

Alternatively, you're welcome to open a support ticket so our team can investigate further. You can open a support ticket in the following ways:

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bitebug2003
    98 posts

@ubi-borealis

Braun is facing the wrong way (introduced pre-hotfix)
    Still present
    undefined

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing that image with me, @bitebug2003. The development team are aware that Braun may face away from Eivor/disappear during the drinking contest, and they're currently investigating this further. I've passed your report along for a closer look 🙂

Official Response
  • isuwhat
    188 posts

@bitebug2003 Braun's just shy 🙂

• boo-yah1907
    160 posts

@ubi-borealis

Could this video by jordan, carry some clues? What i mean is, Gunnar's lines... Could it be as part of a support for an upcoming feature, therefore along the settlement decorations causing the problems by overloading? Maybe there are more things like that in the settlement area that might cause a problem because the game is not there technically and having trouble in performance while trying to seperate/sort things.

• SpirantCrayon22
    318 posts

@isuwhat

Thingumajig in the shop gives a few at the start. The three quests give 140 each IIRC. My memory is that I had 490 before starting the three games.

10 for the drinking.

My highest score on archery was 1460, just not quick enough! 25 tokens for 1000-1500, 10 for scores from 500 to 1000 I think, nothing below 500. Something like that anyway.

The brawl is 10 per round but I think it's 20 for the 9th and 40 for the 10th. I don't think it was 50 for the 10th round.

Total tokens needed to buy all shop things is 1000 (this is one thing of which I am certain).

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts

Still getting crashes (Stadia)

• Kormac67
    617 posts

Game keeps crashing on me when I sit on the church tower waypoint in Glowechester trying to snipe ingot bearers. Doesn't crash when I do the same on the Hamptunshire waypoint.

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts

Random crashes are still on and not nécessarily related to the festival; it happens elsewhere in game. Where in the list of issues does that happens ?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

I also have had some crashes. Less frequent than a few days ago and not in Ravensthorpe, but still.

• VegasHeart
    35 posts
    @moditemarde1 Still getting crashes (Stadia)

Im using cloud gaming too,but its Geforce Now.

• I was in festival arena abou 20 min for two days playing brawl and archery didnt get any crashes.Someone on youtube was saying that game crashes every 30 min,didnt checked that,because i wasnt so long in game.But all 20 min i was there everything was fine.
    • I dont have any crashes earlier and now too when I was somewhere else(mentioned outside festival area)in the world.I was playing for couple hours and everything was ok.All crashes i have earlier was inside festival area and all them happens not during any contest games.
    • I was able to finish mission with decoration on 1st festival day with no problem.Maybe that because i had only 2 buildings decorated,so nothing was reset,it stays like it was before(because some ppl saying that their decorations which was made before was reset).
    • I cant compleate Eggs hunt mission,because of Brewing storm bug,but there was other missions that bring me some tokens(ignite firepit,kill wolfes).

Already got all items from shop few days ago,nothing useful there in my opinion,exept maybe Raven skin.
    That only my experience,how the things worked or not for me.My game now is a mess because of Brewing storm bug and I also noticed that i lost 1 Ymir Tear because of that bug(its just dissappear,so now i have 29 instead of 30).Another bug is with quest In a Strange Land,there I should speak with Randvi,but when i come close i didnt get any mission from her or conversation.Seems all connected with that bug.

• Carthorse88
    1 posts

PS4 player - Seems like I am unable to complete the Ostava Festival - decoration quest as my Decoration plinths around my settlement have disappeared!
    anybody else experienced this?

• VegasHeart
    35 posts

@carthorse88

@Ubi-Mark Settlement decorations will be temporarily removed and Ostara Festival quests involving decorations will not be completable.
  • MerudinSVK
    10 posts

Hey guys, so yesterday I contacted Ubisoft support and had a live chat with them. I described that the game is really unplayable because the game crashes every few minutes for me. Doesnt matter where I am or what am I doing. This is ONLY happening after the last patch dropped on 18th. I even send my msinfo and dxdiag files. They said that apparently I have outdated GPU drivers and that I should verify the game files. I updated the GPU driver and I verified the game files 2x. Yes. I even switched to just one monitor instead of 2 which I usually use. I have tried everything they told me to and everything the community suggested. It didnt help one bit and the game continues to crash every few minutes and I am getting very frustrated over this because I am paying for Ubisoft+ just to play AC:Valhalla. I even asked when can we expect the permanent fix and they have no timeframe and no updates on that so I guess its just being ignored. Tommorrow its going to be a WEEK that the game is unplayable. I believe we have been patient enough and a WHOLE WEEK is enough to fix a game-breaking issue that plenty of players are having. No word from Ubisoft, no promise of any compesation, not any updates for the fix, nothing.

• Yesin069
    548 posts

Today I got around 5 crashes in 2 hours which is unacceptable! I always try to clear areas in stealth and this takes log and there are no saves possible in those areas so I always have to redo everything after those random crashes.

They really have to release a Hotfix ASAP for crashes, because nothing annoys more in games than crashes!

I am currently in Sussex and all those crashes happened there.

It isn't good at all for the lifetime of any PC or console when frequent crashes happen. I even got a hard crash where the whole system restarted. I stopped playing now because I don'T want my PC to get some serious damage from this broken game. Now I can wait again for nearly one whole month and hope it gets fixed...

• Kormac67
    617 posts

@merudinsvk GPU drivers? When the crashes are similar on PC and all consoles? The bug is in their software, nowhere else.

@Yesin069 PCs with NTFS are quite resilient against crashes or hard shutdowns. If the whole system restarts it is a problem with drivers or hardware though. (Or passing invalid arguments to a driver that doesn't check them and then crashes.)

Mind, we have had occasional crashes since launch, so not all current crashes need to be caused by the new issue.

• MerudinSVK
    10 posts

@kormac67 Yeah I know its 100% problem on their side but as far as they can find ANYTHING wrong on your side they will claim its your fault... At this point its pathetic when the problem is cross-platform and occuring all the time. I have put 50 hours in to the game before the patch and had about 2-3 crashes but I didnt mind that cuz' it was in 50 hours you know. But I tell you the game is unplayable now and tommorrow its going to be a week. I try the game every day and it freezes and crashes after mere minutes. Doesnt matter what im doing or where I am. I am really frustrated that there is no feedback from Ubisoft. Like what do they need ? A month ? They are still finishing the game 6 months after release.

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts

Sad situation really. Really loved the game, but since the crashes are outside the festival event for me a many others, not sure we will get a fix (it started since 1.2 and not just the festival for many).

• lemmie88
    136 posts

I hope its not the case, but if this really is Yule 2.0, they will not fix it. They'll justify your experiences as edge cases and wait for ostara to time out. Meanwhile, they'll put their heads in the sand and pretend everything's ok. Like an ostrich. Or like this guy... who could not face the reality of having the plague. So sad. 😔

undefined

• JCar4327
    612 posts

@ubi-borealis I got the same rewards that you described for the archery contest: 25 for 1200 to 1499 and 40 for 1500 up. I believe for under 1200 I was getting ten. For the brawl it goes up by 10 for each round up to round 8, and for round 9 and 10 it goes up by 30 for a total of 140. Also for completing the brawl a new contender is enabled. I will spoiler tag it so those that haven't made it that far can choose to look or not.

spoiler

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics