Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • JCar4327
    599 posts

@ubi-borealis I got the same rewards that you described for the archery contest: 25 for 1200 to 1499 and 40 for 1500 up. I believe for under 1200 I was getting ten. For the brawl it goes up by 10 for each round up to round 8, and for round 9 and 10 it goes up by 30 for a total of 140. Also for completing the brawl a new contender is enabled. I will spoiler tag it so those that haven't made it that far can choose to look or not.

spoiler

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1451 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As the Ostara Festival has now ended, we are now marking the issue wherein players experienced increased crashes due to the Ostara Festival as resolved.

If you are still encountering crashes in-game, please check the megathread list for a similar thread and share your report there so we can investigate further. You can also make a thread of your own if you are unable to find a megathread that matches the issue you're encountering. When opening a new thread, please include as much information about the crashes you're encountering as possible.

Alternatively, you're welcome to open a support ticket so our team can investigate further. You can open a support ticket in the following ways:

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Moditemarde1
    34 posts
    Bro its a thread about crashes.... lol
    @ubi-borealis I got the same rewards that you described for the archery contest: 25 for 1200 to 1499 and 40 for 1500 up. I believe for under 1200 I was getting ten. For the brawl it goes up by 10 for each round up to round 8, and for round 9 and 10 it goes up by 30 for a total of 140. Also for completing the brawl a new contender is enabled. I will spoiler tag it so those that haven't made it that far can choose to look or not.

spoiler

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts

So when is the fix coming ? More than a week now, no changes for many people even after the hotfix. @Ubi-Borealis

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1451 posts

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. The permanent fix for the crashes that are happening in Ravensthorpe/the Ostara festival area is due to be released today at 8AM ET / 12PM UTC. You can read more about this here.

Settlement decorations will also be restored, allowing you to complete Norvid's quest.

@boo-yah1907 - The development team are aware that Gunnar has started being a bit more hostile with his words whilst in the settlement, and they're currently looking into this further. Thanks for taking the time to share that video with us.

@VegasHeart - I notice that you've mentioned a couple of different issues in your post. Would you be able to open up a new thread about these so we can investigate them separately to the Ostara festival crashes? If you can include any additional videos or images, that would also be helpful for us to take a closer look at!

@Carthorse88 - As @VegasHeart shared with you, the settlement decorations were temporarily removed following the hotfix on 19 March. These should now be re-enabled.

@MerudinSVK - Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with the support you have received. Our support team will always offer basic platform troubleshooting steps when a crash is reported, because there can be several causes behind a crash (whether this is a software error or an issue with the hardware). Please note that we are unable to provide ETAs regarding fixes when these have not been confirmed by the development team. When more information about updates is made available, we will let you know as soon as we are able to.

@JCar4327 - Thanks for confirming what the rewards for each contest is!

Thanks all 😊

Official Response
  • Moditemarde1
    34 posts

Still getting crashes since 1.2 and even after this morning patch.

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@moditemarde1 Yes it is a thread about crashes, but if you took the time to read other posts you would also see that someone asked how many tokens you get for being able to complete the activities because they thought they had received a sum of tokens for completing an event and the next time they completed it they got less than they expected. I would surmise this person was trying to verify if the tokens were also bugged.

• Yesin069
    472 posts

Still having random crashes every now and then while playing this game...

They started appearing with update 1.1.2 and didnt stop since. Good they fixed the crashes in the settlement but most time i am actually not in settlement...instead i am in other areas around the map and still get crashes without knowing what the hell i did wrong...

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@yesin069 What system are you on? I'm on a day one Xbox One and have only experienced maybe three or four crashes up until the event last week. Checking out how it is working since the update this morning. Haven't had any yet in the settlement.

• Yesin069
    472 posts

@jcar4327

I am on PC and dont have problems with crashes with any other game.

I was able to play the ostara content without any problem and not that often in the settlement to talk about crashes there...It shouldnt be usual to stay at the settlement for hours so i dont care about crashes there. More important are the random crashes when you are in the middle of clearing a fort without any checkpoints and need to start it new after those annoying crashes. I never had crashes before patch 1.1.2 also.

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@yesin069 Yeah it sucks when you have to start something all over again. So far the only thing I have noticed is they seem to have lowered the graphics a bit because things just don't look right to me. And I don't see a way to change them while logged in. Gonna log out and see if they can be changed.

• xtracker85
    46 posts

@yesin069
    I'm experiencing the same thing as you too. My game still randomly crashes every 10-15 mins even after the latest patch. Doesn't matter whether I'm in the settlement or roaming about. Before the Ostara event, never got a single crash in almost 200 hours. Now, it's happening constantly and making it unplayable. *sigh*

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@yesin069 I don't know, might just be my old eyes playing tricks on me, but the game doesn't seem as crisp as it did before this morning update. And no way to adjust that I can see.

• Yesin069
    472 posts

@xtracker85

I dont have them every 10-15 minutes. Sometimes i can play for hours with no crashes, sometimes they happen every 30 minutes, sometimes every 5 minutes. I also dont know what forces those crashes. Sometimes i just walk in a forest, sometimes i fight, sometimes i sneak...

I have the latest Windows 10 version, the latest NVIDIA drivers and the latest game version. As i said before - these crashes are there since patch 1.1.2. Sadly whenever Ubisoft makes something worse regarding performance or stability in this game, they never make any effort in fixing those issues. The performance got worse with patch 1.1.0 and never got fixed...crashes started becoming more regular with patch 1.1.2 and never got fixed...what will happen next and never get fixed? Please Ubisoft bring in some experienced PC devs that have a deep look at this game and make a patch taht is exclusive to those PC problems. We all know that the PC is the most complex platform to optimise and that Ubisoft need no certification for patches on PC, so they can release them at any time.

Crashes are really annoying in games and break the flow and push me to end the game session immediately. Every fun is gone after a crash forces me to replay a fort that i try to clear in stealth mode.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

After today´s patch (hotfix 1.2.01) I´m NOT able to log into the game.
    Each time after game is starting and loading my last savegame (settlement) the game crash during loading.

I have done a YT clip to demonstrate it:

Am I the only one who cannot log in into the game?

• xtracker85
    46 posts

@tchester1980
    For me, I'm able to load into the game and play for awhile, but it will randomly crash after some time. Also using patch 1.2.0.1. Never had this issue before 1.2.0.

• MerudinSVK
    10 posts

I can confirm the game is STILL in an unplayable state. I am [censored] off beyond any reason and I believe I have the right to. We have waited MORE than a week for a permanent fix that didnt fixed anything? You dont know how excited I was to FINALLY log in today and play Valhalla. After the game loaded the first I went to do was the Viking Brawl all 10 rounds as this was impossible before due to freezes and crashes. It didnt even take 5 MINUTES and the game instantly crashed to desktop in Round 2. This is supposed to be the permanent fix, you know what that means ? From now on they wont bother with this issue and just leave it in the game. Its been 8 days that the game IS UNPLAYABLE and Im still paying for it. Like what the hell do you mean permanent fix ???? I had no crashes before 18th of March. Literally nothing has been fixed. How is this even possible more than 4 months after release? Can you please actually do something about this and not wait another 2 weeks ?

• ImaginaryRuins
    361 posts

My game during Ostara has, miraculously, never crashed before or after the 1.2.0.1 patch, offline or online. Playing on Xbox One.

• Kennyannydenny
    96 posts

Thanks for the patch Ubisoft, my crashes are completely gone since the latest patch and I have my decorations back. Good times 🙂 Played for hours on end today and no problems with freezing and crashing whatsoever, just did Snothinghamscire. Woot!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@kennyannydenny

Did you fast travel back to your settlement and no crashes? Really?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

After less than 10 minutes in the game following the latest patch it crashed while I was in round 9 of the brawl fight... 😞

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics