Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • xtracker85
    46 posts

@yesin069
    I'm experiencing the same thing as you too. My game still randomly crashes every 10-15 mins even after the latest patch. Doesn't matter whether I'm in the settlement or roaming about. Before the Ostara event, never got a single crash in almost 200 hours. Now, it's happening constantly and making it unplayable. *sigh*

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1883 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As the Ostara Festival has now ended, we are now marking the issue wherein players experienced increased crashes due to the Ostara Festival as resolved.

If you are still encountering crashes in-game, please check the megathread list for a similar thread and share your report there so we can investigate further. You can also make a thread of your own if you are unable to find a megathread that matches the issue you're encountering. When opening a new thread, please include as much information about the crashes you're encountering as possible.

Alternatively, you're welcome to open a support ticket so our team can investigate further. You can open a support ticket in the following ways:

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • JCar4327
    603 posts

@yesin069 I don't know, might just be my old eyes playing tricks on me, but the game doesn't seem as crisp as it did before this morning update. And no way to adjust that I can see.

• Yesin069
    534 posts

@xtracker85

I dont have them every 10-15 minutes. Sometimes i can play for hours with no crashes, sometimes they happen every 30 minutes, sometimes every 5 minutes. I also dont know what forces those crashes. Sometimes i just walk in a forest, sometimes i fight, sometimes i sneak...

I have the latest Windows 10 version, the latest NVIDIA drivers and the latest game version. As i said before - these crashes are there since patch 1.1.2. Sadly whenever Ubisoft makes something worse regarding performance or stability in this game, they never make any effort in fixing those issues. The performance got worse with patch 1.1.0 and never got fixed...crashes started becoming more regular with patch 1.1.2 and never got fixed...what will happen next and never get fixed? Please Ubisoft bring in some experienced PC devs that have a deep look at this game and make a patch taht is exclusive to those PC problems. We all know that the PC is the most complex platform to optimise and that Ubisoft need no certification for patches on PC, so they can release them at any time.

Crashes are really annoying in games and break the flow and push me to end the game session immediately. Every fun is gone after a crash forces me to replay a fort that i try to clear in stealth mode.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

After today´s patch (hotfix 1.2.01) I´m NOT able to log into the game.
    Each time after game is starting and loading my last savegame (settlement) the game crash during loading.

I have done a YT clip to demonstrate it:

Am I the only one who cannot log in into the game?

• xtracker85
    46 posts

@tchester1980
    For me, I'm able to load into the game and play for awhile, but it will randomly crash after some time. Also using patch 1.2.0.1. Never had this issue before 1.2.0.

• MerudinSVK
    10 posts

I can confirm the game is STILL in an unplayable state. I am [censored] off beyond any reason and I believe I have the right to. We have waited MORE than a week for a permanent fix that didnt fixed anything? You dont know how excited I was to FINALLY log in today and play Valhalla. After the game loaded the first I went to do was the Viking Brawl all 10 rounds as this was impossible before due to freezes and crashes. It didnt even take 5 MINUTES and the game instantly crashed to desktop in Round 2. This is supposed to be the permanent fix, you know what that means ? From now on they wont bother with this issue and just leave it in the game. Its been 8 days that the game IS UNPLAYABLE and Im still paying for it. Like what the hell do you mean permanent fix ???? I had no crashes before 18th of March. Literally nothing has been fixed. How is this even possible more than 4 months after release? Can you please actually do something about this and not wait another 2 weeks ?

• ImaginaryRuins
    375 posts

My game during Ostara has, miraculously, never crashed before or after the 1.2.0.1 patch, offline or online. Playing on Xbox One.

• Kennyannydenny
    104 posts

Thanks for the patch Ubisoft, my crashes are completely gone since the latest patch and I have my decorations back. Good times 🙂 Played for hours on end today and no problems with freezing and crashing whatsoever, just did Snothinghamscire. Woot!

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@kennyannydenny

Did you fast travel back to your settlement and no crashes? Really?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

After less than 10 minutes in the game following the latest patch it crashed while I was in round 9 of the brawl fight... 😞

• Kennyannydenny
    104 posts

@tchester1980 Yup, haven't had a crash all day since the patch, fast travelling all over the map, walking around in the festival area, completing memories in Snotinghamscire.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@kennyannydenny

I did fix this crashing by my own... Have had a recovery copy on my Cloud NAS storage with Valhalla File V.1.2.0... Copied in the original game folder and all the rest was done by verifying the files via Ubi-Connect.
    Now runs without any further issues.
    Some datas were broken while download the original hotfix 1.2.01 on my first try and this has caused all the crashes. I have had luck that I have this copy on my NAS to repair it, but this alternative does not have all the players here and maybe someone other has not so much luck like myself!

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 360 posts

Hey all! The team has deployed a server-side hotfix to address a rise in crashing near Ravensthorpe. Settlement decorations will be temporarily removed and Ostara Festival quests involving decorations will not be completable. Once we have further updates to share with everyone, we will provide them in our Known Issues thread here. We truly appreciate your patience as our team releases a permanent fix soon!

Official Response
  • DScamp85
    1 posts

I've started having crashes since this last hotfix. It does not matter what I am doing in game, it will crash anywhere from 10-30mins in. Before this, I very rarely experienced crashes, if any.
    Tried it on two different PC's with the same outcome.
    8700k - 9900k
    2080ti - 3090
    64gb ram
    win 10 latest

• a2s7
    4 posts

@tchester1980 Unfortunately since last update 1.2.0.1 I am having constants crashes, I wish to have the technical proficiency to avoid the ubisoft patches updates without a couple of months of users feedback

• splintbert
    6 posts

It keeps crashing here, havent played for a week and few minutes ago i started the game, it made another small update, i loaded my savegame ........ and after not more than a minute it crashed to the desktop.

This is ridiculous

Also it says i have 100% progress, but there is two achievements not completed.

• MerudinSVK
    10 posts

@splintbert I feel you man. I havent played the game since the Ostara festival dropped. I can barely complete Reda's daily quests before the game crashes. Literally no one cares that we cant play the game we are paying for. Wanna hear some truth? They will do NOTHING for people with problems like you and me. You know when will the fix come most probably? When the festival ends so thats like 9 more days of not playing. And even after that there is a chance it wont work. But hey ! New microtransactions coming soon !

• nabeelst
    2 posts

@tchester1980 Haha you think you can send a copy of V1.2.0 to us? My game is crashing too.

• nabeelst
    2 posts

@ubi-smash I'm having my games crash when doing the mission The Gutted Lamb. This crash happens on both my Desktop and gaming laptop so it's not possible for it to be a hardware or driver issue as both machines have different specs.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1883 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As the Ostara Festival has now ended, we are now marking the issue wherein players experienced increased crashes due to the Ostara Festival as resolved.

If you are still encountering crashes in-game, please check the megathread list for a similar thread and share your report there so we can investigate further. You can also make a thread of your own if you are unable to find a megathread that matches the issue you're encountering. When opening a new thread, please include as much information about the crashes you're encountering as possible.

Alternatively, you're welcome to open a support ticket so our team can investigate further. You can open a support ticket in the following ways:

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics