Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • VegasHeart
    35 posts
    @moditemarde1 Still getting crashes (Stadia)

Im using cloud gaming too,but its Geforce Now.

• I was in festival arena abou 20 min for two days playing brawl and archery didnt get any crashes.Someone on youtube was saying that game crashes every 30 min,didnt checked that,because i wasnt so long in game.But all 20 min i was there everything was fine.
    • I dont have any crashes earlier and now too when I was somewhere else(mentioned outside festival area)in the world.I was playing for couple hours and everything was ok.All crashes i have earlier was inside festival area and all them happens not during any contest games.
    • I was able to finish mission with decoration on 1st festival day with no problem.Maybe that because i had only 2 buildings decorated,so nothing was reset,it stays like it was before(because some ppl saying that their decorations which was made before was reset).
    • I cant compleate Eggs hunt mission,because of Brewing storm bug,but there was other missions that bring me some tokens(ignite firepit,kill wolfes).

Already got all items from shop few days ago,nothing useful there in my opinion,exept maybe Raven skin.
    That only my experience,how the things worked or not for me.My game now is a mess because of Brewing storm bug and I also noticed that i lost 1 Ymir Tear because of that bug(its just dissappear,so now i have 29 instead of 30).Another bug is with quest In a Strange Land,there I should speak with Randvi,but when i come close i didnt get any mission from her or conversation.Seems all connected with that bug.

• Carthorse88
    1 posts

PS4 player - Seems like I am unable to complete the Ostava Festival - decoration quest as my Decoration plinths around my settlement have disappeared!
    anybody else experienced this?

• VegasHeart
    35 posts

@carthorse88

@Ubi-Mark Settlement decorations will be temporarily removed and Ostara Festival quests involving decorations will not be completable.
  • MerudinSVK
    10 posts

Hey guys, so yesterday I contacted Ubisoft support and had a live chat with them. I described that the game is really unplayable because the game crashes every few minutes for me. Doesnt matter where I am or what am I doing. This is ONLY happening after the last patch dropped on 18th. I even send my msinfo and dxdiag files. They said that apparently I have outdated GPU drivers and that I should verify the game files. I updated the GPU driver and I verified the game files 2x. Yes. I even switched to just one monitor instead of 2 which I usually use. I have tried everything they told me to and everything the community suggested. It didnt help one bit and the game continues to crash every few minutes and I am getting very frustrated over this because I am paying for Ubisoft+ just to play AC:Valhalla. I even asked when can we expect the permanent fix and they have no timeframe and no updates on that so I guess its just being ignored. Tommorrow its going to be a WEEK that the game is unplayable. I believe we have been patient enough and a WHOLE WEEK is enough to fix a game-breaking issue that plenty of players are having. No word from Ubisoft, no promise of any compesation, not any updates for the fix, nothing.

• Yesin069
    548 posts

Today I got around 5 crashes in 2 hours which is unacceptable! I always try to clear areas in stealth and this takes log and there are no saves possible in those areas so I always have to redo everything after those random crashes.

They really have to release a Hotfix ASAP for crashes, because nothing annoys more in games than crashes!

I am currently in Sussex and all those crashes happened there.

It isn't good at all for the lifetime of any PC or console when frequent crashes happen. I even got a hard crash where the whole system restarted. I stopped playing now because I don'T want my PC to get some serious damage from this broken game. Now I can wait again for nearly one whole month and hope it gets fixed...

• Kormac67
    579 posts

@merudinsvk GPU drivers? When the crashes are similar on PC and all consoles? The bug is in their software, nowhere else.

@Yesin069 PCs with NTFS are quite resilient against crashes or hard shutdowns. If the whole system restarts it is a problem with drivers or hardware though. (Or passing invalid arguments to a driver that doesn't check them and then crashes.)

Mind, we have had occasional crashes since launch, so not all current crashes need to be caused by the new issue.

• MerudinSVK
    10 posts

@kormac67 Yeah I know its 100% problem on their side but as far as they can find ANYTHING wrong on your side they will claim its your fault... At this point its pathetic when the problem is cross-platform and occuring all the time. I have put 50 hours in to the game before the patch and had about 2-3 crashes but I didnt mind that cuz' it was in 50 hours you know. But I tell you the game is unplayable now and tommorrow its going to be a week. I try the game every day and it freezes and crashes after mere minutes. Doesnt matter what im doing or where I am. I am really frustrated that there is no feedback from Ubisoft. Like what do they need ? A month ? They are still finishing the game 6 months after release.

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts

Sad situation really. Really loved the game, but since the crashes are outside the festival event for me a many others, not sure we will get a fix (it started since 1.2 and not just the festival for many).

• lemmie88
    130 posts

I hope its not the case, but if this really is Yule 2.0, they will not fix it. They'll justify your experiences as edge cases and wait for ostara to time out. Meanwhile, they'll put their heads in the sand and pretend everything's ok. Like an ostrich. Or like this guy... who could not face the reality of having the plague. So sad. 😔

undefined

• JCar4327
    606 posts

@ubi-borealis I got the same rewards that you described for the archery contest: 25 for 1200 to 1499 and 40 for 1500 up. I believe for under 1200 I was getting ten. For the brawl it goes up by 10 for each round up to round 8, and for round 9 and 10 it goes up by 30 for a total of 140. Also for completing the brawl a new contender is enabled. I will spoiler tag it so those that haven't made it that far can choose to look or not.

spoiler

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts
    Bro its a thread about crashes.... lol
    @ubi-borealis I got the same rewards that you described for the archery contest: 25 for 1200 to 1499 and 40 for 1500 up. I believe for under 1200 I was getting ten. For the brawl it goes up by 10 for each round up to round 8, and for round 9 and 10 it goes up by 30 for a total of 140. Also for completing the brawl a new contender is enabled. I will spoiler tag it so those that haven't made it that far can choose to look or not.

spoiler

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts

So when is the fix coming ? More than a week now, no changes for many people even after the hotfix. @Ubi-Borealis

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2131 posts

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. The permanent fix for the crashes that are happening in Ravensthorpe/the Ostara festival area is due to be released today at 8AM ET / 12PM UTC. You can read more about this here.

Settlement decorations will also be restored, allowing you to complete Norvid's quest.

@boo-yah1907 - The development team are aware that Gunnar has started being a bit more hostile with his words whilst in the settlement, and they're currently looking into this further. Thanks for taking the time to share that video with us.

@VegasHeart - I notice that you've mentioned a couple of different issues in your post. Would you be able to open up a new thread about these so we can investigate them separately to the Ostara festival crashes? If you can include any additional videos or images, that would also be helpful for us to take a closer look at!

@Carthorse88 - As @VegasHeart shared with you, the settlement decorations were temporarily removed following the hotfix on 19 March. These should now be re-enabled.

@MerudinSVK - Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with the support you have received. Our support team will always offer basic platform troubleshooting steps when a crash is reported, because there can be several causes behind a crash (whether this is a software error or an issue with the hardware). Please note that we are unable to provide ETAs regarding fixes when these have not been confirmed by the development team. When more information about updates is made available, we will let you know as soon as we are able to.

@JCar4327 - Thanks for confirming what the rewards for each contest is!

Thanks all 😊

Official Response
  • Moditemarde1
    34 posts

Still getting crashes since 1.2 and even after this morning patch.

• JCar4327
    606 posts

@moditemarde1 Yes it is a thread about crashes, but if you took the time to read other posts you would also see that someone asked how many tokens you get for being able to complete the activities because they thought they had received a sum of tokens for completing an event and the next time they completed it they got less than they expected. I would surmise this person was trying to verify if the tokens were also bugged.

• Yesin069
    548 posts

Still having random crashes every now and then while playing this game...

They started appearing with update 1.1.2 and didnt stop since. Good they fixed the crashes in the settlement but most time i am actually not in settlement...instead i am in other areas around the map and still get crashes without knowing what the hell i did wrong...

• JCar4327
    606 posts

@yesin069 What system are you on? I'm on a day one Xbox One and have only experienced maybe three or four crashes up until the event last week. Checking out how it is working since the update this morning. Haven't had any yet in the settlement.

• Yesin069
    548 posts

@jcar4327

I am on PC and dont have problems with crashes with any other game.

I was able to play the ostara content without any problem and not that often in the settlement to talk about crashes there...It shouldnt be usual to stay at the settlement for hours so i dont care about crashes there. More important are the random crashes when you are in the middle of clearing a fort without any checkpoints and need to start it new after those annoying crashes. I never had crashes before patch 1.1.2 also.

• JCar4327
    606 posts

@yesin069 Yeah it sucks when you have to start something all over again. So far the only thing I have noticed is they seem to have lowered the graphics a bit because things just don't look right to me. And I don't see a way to change them while logged in. Gonna log out and see if they can be changed.

• xtracker85
    46 posts

@yesin069
    I'm experiencing the same thing as you too. My game still randomly crashes every 10-15 mins even after the latest patch. Doesn't matter whether I'm in the settlement or roaming about. Before the Ostara event, never got a single crash in almost 200 hours. Now, it's happening constantly and making it unplayable. *sigh*

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics