ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• slperdomo
    Original poster 1 posts

After the Ostara Festival patch, I keep losing my Berserker armor and axe, which are all fully upgraded, unless I take my console offline and reload a manual save. I’m scared to play while this festival is going on in fear of losing my best gear.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2146 posts

Hello @slperdomo,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I can see that this issue has been reported to the development team and it's currently being investigated. Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know through the patch notes.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Hefeydd_
    22 posts

@ubi-mark This isn't a new problem this has been ongoing for nearly 2 years now and Unisoft has never fixed it. Ever since the first patch was added to the game the Berserker gear set has been vanishing it is pointless wasting resources on upgrading a Gear Set and Weapons that keep disappears from your inventory that resets back to default. I have been asking Ubisofy for well over a year now and I just gave up asking for the Berserkr Gear set to be removed from the game completely. But now we have the same problem with the Twightlight Gear Set the identical problem with the Berserkr Gear Set. I think I may know what is causing this but bear in mind this is only a plausible assumption.

First of all let me introduce myself I am a Network Engineer I work on servers and this is most defiantly a server side issue and I think I may know what is happening here but it is a plausible cause and not a solid assumption. When I noticed mine had disappeared again for god knows how many times this has happened since The first patch was applied to this game. I tried to save and it came up with Server Error so that got me thinking let’s look at the Gear Add-Ons and sure enough they show as being Installed and Owned but what we look at in the game is Client Side if the game is showing as installed Client Side but not installed Server Side on our account. Then this would result in the Berserker Gear Set and Twilight Gear Set missing from our inventory. So when Server Side is reinstated that is why you see the Berserker and Twilight Gear Set being reinstated. But this would also highlights another issue the the server that hosts the game and the server that holds your Ubisoft Account are not talking to each other?

For me this makes perfect sense and I think it may be the cause of the problem. Today I had the same problem Berserker and Twilight was missing from the inventory and when I checked Add-Ons and they said installed and owned which is correct but they were not installed. When I looked at Add-Ons I got a server error and a lightbulb lit up my brain and I said this is because it has stopped communicating with the server as soon as I removed the game from Quick Resume and restarted the game it was back in the inventory again. So what defiantly keeps happening here is the Server Side stops communicating with the Client Side Server resulting in 2 Add-Ons disappearing from your inventory. However, this cause also be account related as our accounts contain all the purchases, games installed including Add-Ons if this isn’t communicating with the Client Side this could also be another plausible cause of the problem.

Whatever which way that you look at this it keep coming back for me as an experienced Network Engineer as a server problem.

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 92 posts

Hey @hefeydd_ and thank you for your insight!

I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing this problem. I've checked the status of this issue and it is still investigated. Unfortunately, I won't be able to give any updates on it for now, but rest assured we are still looking into it!

Official Response
  • eJonny
    2 posts

@hefeydd_ I think you are on to something. I'm having the same issue and I've noticed that when this happens if I try to get a contract from anyone in 1000 eyes, I will see the server error message. Also, this appears to happen on Friday going into Saturdays (although it has happened at other times).

I thought it was an entitlement issue as I had a refund on this game on PC. I'm having the problem on Xbox Series X.

I do hope it gets fixed. I might seek a refund for the gear pack on Xbox.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1501 posts

Hey @eJonny, thanks for getting through to us, welcome to forums and sorry to hear you are affected by this issue as well.

Just out of curiosity, could you advise what is the messaging you receive from server error and also, how did you acquire the gear? Additionally, in order to aid the on-going review, would you be able to kindly upload your save file (where issue is present) to cloud? To do so, just simply follow steps outlined here.

Official Response

Suggested Topics